Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Inland Invasion webcast - schedule added
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inland Invasion webcast - schedule added  (Read 129383 times)
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #880 on: September 24, 2006, 04:10:33 AM »

That is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.... that version of the band is so fucking tight!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #881 on: September 24, 2006, 04:10:45 AM »

Amazing show! The new band is really starting to gel! Finck rules and Axl was great! Highlights were Nightrain, Paradise City, IRS, Madagascar and Sweet Child O'Mine. ?ok
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #882 on: September 24, 2006, 04:10:55 AM »

10 am here Smiley
holy shit that was amazing ?Shocked loved the little "nice boys don't play rock n roll" thing Grin
PC was insane! drool
This band is great,I think I'm gonna write to bbf and tell him that hihi

shit happens when you party naked
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #883 on: September 24, 2006, 04:11:13 AM »

11am here in Finland, great show too, and nice morning to listen and watch awesome GNR show!

Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #884 on: September 24, 2006, 04:11:56 AM »

Fucking brilliant  drool

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
anythinggoes
« Reply #885 on: September 24, 2006, 04:12:05 AM »

Ha Ha Ha i bet all you negative motherfuckers feel pretty fucking stupid now after watching that, the show fucking kicked ass 3 Solos one Jam Kick ass performance very few mistakes Axl on top form the band sounded fucking great. Give up with the Finck bashing he is more than good enough for the band. Even watching on the internet i had to resist the urge to clap between songs. I can see some good reviews of this show. Thinks to Kroq and Blueroom for this feed i didnt have any problems bearing in maid how many people were watching. What a way to start a sunday. ?
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #886 on: September 24, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »

I've loved the show! they were all great, I love them all.
Axl voice simply amazing.
and they played Rocket Queen!
i'm so happy!
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #887 on: September 24, 2006, 04:13:19 AM »

My final thoughts on the show:

I had my hopes set too high. It started out really great, but like RIR this year, it quickly dissipated. It was a good show, but compared to Rock am Ring it was really disappointing. The sound mix was once again pretty bad (seriously, a journalist who reviewed the show on the 20th said the same thing - they need new sound guys, it's been a problem since '01). Axl's vocals weakened as it went on; high point was definitely My Michelle.

I didn't really think Axl was at his best here; not as much charisma or audience interaction as usual, his dancing etc. was more "classic Axl" a lot of the time, but it also seemed to get him out of breath...cut back on the running, man!

Solos seemed longer than usual and more often than in the past. Would have liked to hear something a bit out of the ordinary - even if it's just TWAT or Rhiad or something we've already heard.

And of course, no announcement.

All said compared to other shows from '06 I'd give this a 7/10, it was really kind of disappointing for me personally.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #888 on: September 24, 2006, 04:13:51 AM »

yea chester is a fag what the hell he didnt even say anything about guns n' roses.  muse sucks compared to wolfmother and i dont know how they got to play right before GNR.  GNR didnt show up on time cuz they wanted the taste of muse to rub off people so that they could make the night end well.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #889 on: September 24, 2006, 04:14:01 AM »

Possibly the best version of 'IRS' yet, and if only one thing happened tonight, Finck was cemented as a superstar. The man owned the show. Great show, though not sure if I like Axl clean-shaven...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #890 on: September 24, 2006, 04:15:20 AM »

yea chester is a fag what the hell he didnt even say anything about guns n' roses.  muse sucks compared to wolfmother and i dont know how they got to play right before GNR.  GNR didnt show up on time cuz they wanted the taste of muse to rub off people so that they could make the night end well.

He didn't mention GN'R because, like it or not, a lot of non-die-hards don't hold them in the same glory we do. I think a lot of people were excited in '01/'02 in America and when that tour failed people in general wrote Axl off. Sad but true. I hope Chinese Democracy proves everyone wrong.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #891 on: September 24, 2006, 04:15:31 AM »

Well, i went to the bar earlier.....I got wasted and passed out, I woke up and I heard "Patience" playing Sad ?So yeah, I missed most of it, but i kow in this land of the internet, someone recorded it, so I will have to catch it after the fact, oh well, I still had fun........AND AXL SOUNDED GREAT FROM WHAT I WAS AWAKE FOR!!!!!!

Axl is God.
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #892 on: September 24, 2006, 04:16:01 AM »

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper show the best new Guns n Roses Show Axl was running all over the place.

Kill Your Idols
Annie
« Reply #893 on: September 24, 2006, 04:16:08 AM »

I Loved the show and I totally prefer Axl without the goatee! ok
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #894 on: September 24, 2006, 04:16:49 AM »

For those complaining about the sound mix, remember that this was a Windows Media stream we were listening to. Not to say the mix wasn't off at times, but the lossy audio distorted/muffled the sound quite a bit as well.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #895 on: September 24, 2006, 04:17:07 AM »

its 4:15 AM in NYC.....think im off to bed. axl sounded really good, i think he should rest his voice though for a few weeks or so....and they need some new songs in the set...and fortus needs way more solos, he's so much better then i ever thought he was....robin should play the messy solos and the messy rhythm crunch....let richard play the hard solo's....
fixintodie
« Reply #896 on: September 24, 2006, 04:17:34 AM »

Possibly the best version of 'IRS' yet, and if only one thing happened tonight, Finck was cemented as a superstar. The man owned the show. Great show, though not sure if I like Axl clean-shaven...

Hey - everyone likes a clean shaven Axl...

Ok, you have to say that for it to be funny. ?Tongue I don't know, its late....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #897 on: September 24, 2006, 04:19:10 AM »

Put in your thrash can your Rock Am Ring DVD: this was the best Guns N' Roses show by far since 2001.

Axl Rose is god and satan all in one. Haters are going to have a bad week.

CAUTION WET FLOOR: HATERS CRYING

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #898 on: September 24, 2006, 04:19:33 AM »

My final thoughts on the show:

I had my hopes set too high. It started out really great, but like RIR this year, it quickly dissipated. It was a good show, but compared to Rock am Ring it was really disappointing. The sound mix was once again pretty bad (seriously, a journalist who reviewed the show on the 20th said the same thing - they need new sound guys, it's been a problem since '01). Axl's vocals weakened as it went on; high point was definitely My Michelle.

I didn't really think Axl was at his best here; not as much charisma or audience interaction as usual, his dancing etc. was more "classic Axl" a lot of the time, but it also seemed to get him out of breath...cut back on the running, man!

Solos seemed longer than usual and more often than in the past. Would have liked to hear something a bit out of the ordinary - even if it's just TWAT or Rhiad or something we've already heard.

And of course, no announcement.

All said compared to other shows from '06 I'd give this a 7/10, it was really kind of disappointing for me personally.

I totally agree. ? ?Rock Am Ring ?was awesome. ? JUngle ?was magnificent ?in that show , it was vintage Axl. ? The mix ?tonight ?absolutely sucked . ? It was better than Rin R ?but ?still bad. ? ? Axl was a goos showman tonight ?but ?his voice ?sounded to light ? and mute a lot of the time . ? ?The press ?has been saying the same ?thing about ?the recent shows , ?I think it's time Axl ?hired ?an entirely ?new sound team. ? ? ?
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #899 on: September 24, 2006, 04:20:08 AM »

The 2002 voice is a result of playing for the past two hours...

Even during the other 2006 shows his voice was pretty shot by the time they played PC

why do people always make excuses for Axl's sometimes great and sometimes mediocre live singing voice? He has always been a spotty singer live. Listen to the old SBDs from the early 90s. He is a great singer but his style is such that he can't reproduce for 2.15 hours without some issues. That's why he takes breaks more now during shows, obviously.

That was the best live version of RQ and Madagascar(sans the feedback) that I have heard yet. Fortus continues to impress and will emerge as the secret weapon of this new band. If they get rid of Finck, and split the guitar duties between Fortus and Thal they will improve 10 fold as a band IMO. Finck to my ear is borderline horrible...bad tone, pitch is off, his guitar was out of tune, and technically he played an assload of wrong notes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 04:21:57 AM by asstvp1009 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: