Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:40:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  since gnr are going back into the studio could this mean Ron may redo some parts
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: since gnr are going back into the studio could this mean Ron may redo some parts  (Read 5759 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 07:37:13 PM »

back in the studio, shouldn't they have had the product ready before even doing aUSA tour?
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 09:19:04 PM »

Merck said there's no truth to the rumor that they're going back to the studio. Stop spreading bullshit rumors so that they spread even furthur.

Well then, what else would the band be doing between today and Oct. 20th? They're not going to be taking another break...

Who knows what they're doing... Maybe shooting a video for the single?? Prepping for the album's release??  Selecting the cover artwork??  Who knows...  But they're not recording!

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 09:38:51 PM »

It don't matter much.

If you gave Ron Thal a few days in a studio with the calibre of technicians that GNR has at its disposal, he could re-record the entire album to the same quality.

The guy is a A+ guitarist.
Is that a joke?? He makes IRS and Better sound like cosmic jokes. No way in hell could he re-record the album in a few days. Well, he could. But it would be sub par at best. I want these songs to shine. Hard to belive that some people want mediocrity.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 05:26:31 AM »

This 'back in the studio' thing has become a freakin' joke.

But at least this time it's bullshit. I highly doubt they are gonna re-record Bucket's stuff with Ron, and 'cause even further delays. This year Axl publicly said (for the first time) the album would be released, but they've only got two months left.

I highly doubt they are gonna lay new guitar tracks down.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
diablo280273
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2006, 06:07:14 AM »

I personaly think that the back in the studio thing is bullshit. The shows probably weren't selling enough without the record or a single being released so the decided to rescedule them.  Wink
TheDoomMerchant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 06:26:24 AM »

I personaly think that the back in the studio thing is bullshit. The shows probably weren't selling enough without the record or a single being released so the decided to rescedule them.? Wink

That's a good point, but i also think that they're going to spend this time finishing the product that was supposed to come out years ago.  Here's to hoping... beer
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 06:27:15 AM »

I personaly think that the back in the studio thing is bullshit. The shows probably weren't selling enough without the record or a single being released so the decided to rescedule them.? Wink

could be p[ossible, beside the axl rose not buying the andy warhol pic or whatever there's zero buzz about this tour, it's kind of really quiet at least when I read the papers and magazines..
TheDoomMerchant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2006, 06:34:07 AM »

could be p[ossible, beside the axl rose not buying the andy warhol pic or whatever there's zero buzz about this tour, it's kind of really quiet at least when I read the papers and magazines..

It seems like there has been barely any press regarding the tour.? I remember when the Warfield shows were first announced, it wasn't really pushed or promoted.? Maybe they thought the band alone would sellout arenas without a new album out?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 06:38:08 AM by TheDoomMerchant » Logged
Origen
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 06:35:18 AM »

Maybe, I never thought about that.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 07:12:56 AM »

from Merck and confirmed by Jarmo - going back in the studio to mix the album--that part is "crap."

Where can i read that... Smiley
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2006, 07:54:43 AM »

It don't matter much.

If you gave Ron Thal a few days in a studio with the calibre of technicians that GNR has at its disposal, he could re-record the entire album to the same quality.

Is that a joke?? He makes IRS and Better sound like cosmic jokes. No way in hell could he re-record the album in a few days. Well, he could. But it would be sub par at best. I want these songs to shine. Hard to belive that some people want mediocrity.

You always hinting at mediocrity when Ron's abilities are the topic is the real joke here. I'm not saying Ron could or should record the album in a couple of days. You however, systematically give Ron way too little credits to the point of absurdity. I've listened to both Buckethead and Ron (and almost every other virtuoso) since the early nineties and when Buckethead joined I was one of the first to back him up in places like this. Ron is every bit the guitarplayer Buckethead is. Don't get me wrong, have your personal favorite as much as you like, but do so without being an ass about the guy who in the virtuoso-scene (pure as a guitarplayer and musician) is even more admired than Buckethead.

-PEACE-

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:36:07 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2006, 08:55:17 AM »

from Merck and confirmed by Jarmo - going back in the studio to mix the album--that part is "crap."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36023.0
DemocracyRose
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36023.0

Thanks... Smiley
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2006, 07:23:57 PM »

It don't matter much.

You always hinting at mediocrity when Ron's abilities are the topic is the real joke here. I'm not saying Ron could or should record the album in a couple of days. You however, systematically give Ron way too little credits to the point of absurdity. I've listened to both Buckethead and Ron (and almost every other virtuoso) since the early nineties and when Buckethead joined I was one of the first to back him up in places like this. Ron is every bit the guitarplayer Buckethead is. Don't get me wrong, have your personal favorite as much as you like, but do so without being an ass about the guy who in the virtuoso-scene (pure as a guitarplayer and musician) is even more admired than Buckethead.

-PEACE-

for the better part of the last decade and

It pisses me of when ignorant poeple think Ron is some random shredder Axl stumbled upon. Respect the virtuoso genius of the Bumblefoot people and be grateful you have a guitarist of that calibur in your favourite band because you can count the bands in the world with a similarly talented player on one hand.

Having said that, I'd rather Bucket's stuff is left as it is. Ron will get his chance. I wanna hear Bucket's work so badly and that way, we get to hear both.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 07:26:17 PM by Aquila » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2006, 07:34:20 PM »

It don't matter much.

Cosmic jokes?  Whatever dude...prepare to be blown away at Arco.  We all know the album is not going to have Ron's parts, but stop insulting the guy.  He shined on the new songs, and you haven't seen him live or heard many booy legs, so your statements can be likened to slander.
madagas
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2006, 07:40:47 PM »

You Big Dummy (I love that Avatar), James has probably heard all the boots. I tend to agree with him. Bumble is good on some songs, not so good on others. I think he shreds more than Bucket. Bucket has a little more subtelty in his playing. IMO. Undecided
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2006, 07:43:01 PM »

He hasn't.  He has dial-up, YouTube takes too long and he's not big into bootlegs and downloads.  He's just a big time BH fan, that's cool and everything but jeez...when Ron's gone he'll be bagging on the next guy and praising Ron.
flickn
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2006, 07:46:55 PM »

I want to see more proof that this album and a tour is indeed going to happen . I took vacation time to see them perform in california in the next three months , and with the shows being re scheduled , I just can't walk up to my boss and be like " excuse me , I need to change my vacation time".I am only 1 in 40 employees .

Thanxs for nothing Axl rose !!!

Why don't axl come on this board and explain his situation , rather having people , or people who are on the inside do it for him.

Once again THank you Axl , I got screwed , trying to be a fan
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2006, 07:56:11 PM »

i dont think Ron will play on this album. If they are going to realease it this year, there aint much time for that..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »

100% Buckethead please  yes

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »