Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:55:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD promotion on late night talk shows...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD promotion on late night talk shows...  (Read 4223 times)
Bono
« on: September 23, 2006, 06:50:16 AM »

What would you guys think if they decided to promote the album on Letterman, Leno, Conan, Kimmel, and Ferguson? personally I think it'd be a great idea. I know Axl dosn't ormally if ever do this kidn of stuff but it'd likely be the biggest promotion other than radio and MTV that they could do. All the entertainment shows(Access, ET, Extra etc.) would pick it up and report it. Depends on whether you think this type of promo is selling out. To me the notion of it being "selling out" is ridiculous. It's simply damn good promo and a great way to introduce the new band to millions of people who might not even bother with them otherwise. they could even do a gig on SNL. Personally I think all this stuff would be great.  I'm also curious to see how many would like the idea of Axl being on TRL or somthng like that. I know there's a lot of hate for MTV and rightfully so, but would it be a wise move to be on TRL and would you support it? I would. It'd be great to see a real rock singer on that show and even better to see the new Gn'R video on the top ten.  Imagine Jessica Simpson's video playing and then Gn'R followed by Rihanna. hihi
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 06:54:32 AM »

its just not GNR though is it i would rather not see it to be honest unless it was just to play a hard song and no talking/chatting
Origen
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:55:36 AM »

Axl would not appear on Conan, they have a dislike for each other.

If anythink he should appear on Jonathan Ross, Frank Skinner or Parkinson. Parky would get a great interview out of him.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:59:05 AM by Origen » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 06:59:17 AM »

Unfortunately times HAVE changed, and this could be great promotion, even though I wouldn't wanna see them there, like VR did a few times.

However, he has to introduce the band somehow, and just gigs are not enough these days...

I don't know. Even though I think Axl wouldn't do it, on the other hand it would be interesting to see how many people would watch the show that particular night... and all the critics talking about it the next day.

Damn, it's been a long day at work and I got nothing else to do than type and lock...  Grin

liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 06:59:39 AM »

MTV to me is a fucking dump full of bs. Could be a nice idea to promote cd on different talkshows etc. call me old fashion but ity's nothing moore than a good idea. I think that they should do like on single talkshow as one unit (not just Axl) and maybe play a song. it would as said befora a really great way to reach new fans and to establish "the new gnr".

But for the love of all fucking good no MTV. Suonds stupid? maybe, ?it's just my opinion.
Bono
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 07:00:45 AM »

its just not GNR though is it i would rather not see it to be honest unless it was just to play a hard song and no talking/chatting

Most bands dont get ?to talk on the talk shows anyways. let's just assume they'd play a ?song and not talk. Obviously if anyone did talk though it would be Axl.

Quote from: Origen
Axl would not appear on Conan, they have a dislike for each other
Do they really have a dislike for each other or was Conan just being a ?comedian?
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 07:01:05 AM »

Unfortunately times HAVE changed, and this could be great promotion, even though I wouldn't wanna see them there, like VR did a few times.

However, he has to introduce the band somehow, and just gigs are not enough these days...

I don't know. Even though I think Axl wouldn't do it, on the other hand it would be interesting to see how many people would watch the show that particular night... and all the critics talking about it the next day.

Damn, it's been a long day at work and I got nothing else to do than type and lock...? Grin

And imagine this board you wouldnt be able to watching youd be locking and banning all the punks starting shit ?hihi
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 07:02:36 AM »

Damn, it's been a long day at work and I got nothing else to do than type and lock...  Grin

And imagine this board you wouldnt be able to watching youd be locking and banning all the punks starting shit  hihi

What the hell have you been drinking?

Your post doesnt make sense, just like your myspace page...  Grin

Bono
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 07:04:48 AM »

Damn, it's been a long day at work and I got nothing else to do than type and lock...? Grin

Wow. Someone's on a ?power trip hihi

I liked it when VR was on Kimmel and Slash co hosted. I thought it was great. ?I liked when they played Rock Star with Cypress Hill but it was brutal when they did PC crying

Who knows maybe Axl would like this type of setting where it's a relaxed atmosphere and he coudl introduce the abnd members. he'd only get to talk(if he talked) for like 5 minutes tops so the whole thing could be real light and casual.  It woudln't be like he was going on Barbra Walters hihi. he could easily dictate what they talked about. I think it'd be great for him and if he pulled it off(and we know he would cause he's a great interview when he wants to talk) it'd do wnders for his image (if that matters)when it comes to the general music buying public's perception of him. Though if he pulled a Tom Cruise and jumped on the couch or somthing it could go down hill real quick. Grin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 07:10:01 AM by Bono » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 07:26:58 AM »

Axl would not appear on Conan, they have a dislike for each other.

why do they have a dislike for each other?

conan is my favourite talkshow host ok
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 08:25:05 AM »

Imagine Jessica Simpson's video playing and then Gn'R followed by Rihanna. hihi

That's a bit odd really, but that's what is going to happen probably! Or maybe, GN'R followed by nobody, beacuse the video is in the first place hihi
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

Why do Axl and Conan not like each other? I never heard about this.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 11:45:46 AM »

Late night talk shows are my life.

Would love to see them play on late night.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »

Why do Axl and Conan not like each other? I never heard about this.

I have no recollection of either one of these guys saying, "I hate you," or, "I dislike him," etc.  This thought stems from Conan's monologue of jokes that in 2002 would include jokes about Axl's excess weight, for example, it went something like this, "Axl's changed the name of the group from Guns N Roses to, Tubby McGoo and 5 Guys who aren't Slash."  It was just a stupid joke.  I can't remember the other jokes right now.  Axl responded at the sold-out MSG show in NY City December 5th, 2002.  He came out on stage after a song with a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and asked, "Is Conan here?"  He went on about something about diets and started handing them out.  Funny stuff. 

I think Axl and Conan would be a cool combo and a good interview.  With the red hair those guys could be cousins.  Grin 

...and yes, Conan is the funniest late night talk show host by far.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 12:11:37 PM »

Playing Letterman, Leno and SNL would be good publicity.

Fergusons stage is way too small for Guns.

Kimmel is a laughing stock. Its just a pretty horrible show.

Conan would be cool, but the big two Letterman and Leno would be the best. and of course SNL even though its not funny, its good publicity.

/Jimmer

Fuck All Y'all
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »

^^^
While Kimmel's show might not be highly rated...folks who watch a show like that are pretty faithful.  Kimmel built a small following around The Man Show and NFL pre-show appearances.  I think he's talented, but I prefer Conan's style a tad more.  Conan in braids would be a cool visual!  Kimmel might be a little risky though for Axl.  When shows aren't doing very well, and the host is very sarcastic, for ratings sake, Jimmy might try to make Axl erupt to get some free publicity.  Conan, Jay, and Dave would be fun.   beer

I just wish the days of Ted Koppel over at Nightline weren't over!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 01:44:03 PM »

He can go on Craig Fergerson

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GeraldFord
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 01:51:05 PM »

Axl should go on Colbert and Stewart.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 01:51:46 PM »

For starters Axl never said he disliked Conan - go find the actual source or stop making up stories!

As for the talk shows, it's a matter of scheduling as well. ?Leno is in Ca. and Letterman is in NY. ?As of now the band is in Ca, so now it would be the time to schedule them on Leno...if Axl wants to be on Leno. ?If and when GnR hits the New York area again, that would be the time for Letterman...if Axl wants to be on Letterman. ?

cybercurves
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »

I think a performance on Jimmy Kimmel Show would be great. They have that outdoor garage series of concerts, he's usually got some decent bands there. And Letterman would be cool, seeing as it's a New York show, but Leno's my favorite, they'd do good on there, he gets the biggest ratings. If I were them, I wouldn't really bother with MTV except for maybe an outdoors performance in NYC or something big. I wouldn't worry about going on TRL or any of "those" shows. But contrary to peoples' feelings about them "selling out", they need to get the new band and new songs out there for the masses to see and hear...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: