Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  adler and axl make peace in vegas
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: adler and axl make peace in vegas  (Read 41688 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2007, 11:02:25 PM »

Jung said that all mental illness was based in a spiritual wounding. If Steven went into Analysis with a Jungian Therapist he might be able to pull his life back into focus to move forward. The issue is not the drugs, drugs are a symptom of the issues... more drugs and more focus on what he thinks (happened or didn't happen) won't help (or what anyone here speculates for that matter). 

Steven has been running over that ground to long as it is (like a rat in a cage), and it gets him back to nowhere (circling the train wreck repeatedly after the fact doesn?t stop it).

Not like anyone in Rock N Roll is really all that sane. Life wasn't sane for them and trying to reconcile it to sanity is INSANE. The mean in the rock n roll scene has done nothing for our culture or country...

Whatever happened that night it was Ax's wife.. You can?t think he would have been the picture of rational and the truth may be lost in the versions. What is apparently not lost is some growth as human beings, staying mad forever is not healthy. Good for Axl, this meeting cost him nothing. It could help Steven. Of course the fact that Stevens brother Jamie increases his paranoia with his judgments and attempts to control and lie to Steven about people in his life doesn?t help at all?he has motive (financial) to do this, does he have the integrity to get him in some therapy that might actually work?

Why anyone on this board Bashes Steven is beyond me, especially if you listen to the music he helped create...Taking pleasure in someone?s pain is sick. If you aren?t part of the solution get the hell out of the way?.

Don't know you, but i like you, you're clever, and wrote about kindness.

Nothing to say
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2007, 11:12:19 PM »

izzy makes peace with axl, axl steven make peace.  just duff and slash left.
                                 Can anyone say REUNION?

I feel a one off special reunion concert to benefit homeless children comin on.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2007, 12:51:26 AM »

Wouldn't we rather see Chinese Democracy and the full-blown impact that the CURRENT band can have on the music world once it's unleashed?  It is great that Izzy played in NYC, Europe, and the L.A. shows and we all welcome his playing and contributions, but the rest of the band would truly be a nostalgia act.  Axl, Tommy, Brain/Frank, Robin, Bumble, Richard, Dizzy, and Pittman are what this band is all about right now...not Slash, not Adler, not Duff McKagan or for that matter Sorum, Gilby, Tracy Guns or Buckethead.  These guys rock!  I saw them twice this year; 15 years after the last time I saw the old GnR.  This is not 15 years ago, it is today.  Yesterday, there were so many things I was never told....now that I'm starting to learn...I know BETTER.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2007, 02:28:10 AM »

i agree with you 123191..But the ending on your post was cheesy, hahaha

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2007, 02:39:57 AM »

Wouldn't we rather see Chinese Democracy and the full-blown impact that the CURRENT band can have on the music world once it's unleashed?  It is great that Izzy played in NYC, Europe, and the L.A. shows and we all welcome his playing and contributions, but the rest of the band would truly be a nostalgia act.  Axl, Tommy, Brain/Frank, Robin, Bumble, Richard, Dizzy, and Pittman are what this band is all about right now...not Slash, not Adler, not Duff McKagan or for that matter Sorum, Gilby, Tracy Guns or Buckethead.  These guys rock!  I saw them twice this year; 15 years after the last time I saw the old GnR.  This is not 15 years ago, it is today.  Yesterday, there were so many things I was never told....now that I'm starting to learn...I know BETTER.
Right on Brother  beer
shaxon
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2007, 03:44:51 AM »

Even though I'm not the biggest Adler fan it would be cool if they were friendly with each other again. Another original gunner speaking to Axl, just two more to make peace with.

yeah... and probably the two most important: Slash and Duff.
I'm sure they just need to talk. After so much time, there may be much less "hate" between them than the fans think. They are in their 40's/mid 40's. They learnt to respect each other over the years, they grew-up, they are mature adults now.
I'd like to see them onstage all together playing a show in Paris before I die. I'd like them to do it before they get old. It is still time to do it. They are not "too old" yet. If I had to choose one dream, that would probably be that one.
Same here. That's the best that could happen in GN'R's world.
There are a lot of bands (including Led Zeppelin) doing reunions this year, I hope GN'R will do the same. It would be HUGE.
shaxon
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2007, 03:45:44 AM »

Wouldn't we rather see Chinese Democracy and the full-blown impact that the CURRENT band can have on the music world once it's unleashed??
OK, but once we've seen the impact, can we have a reunion ?

Thanks in advance. Wink
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2007, 04:33:19 AM »

Even though I'm not the biggest Adler fan it would be cool if they were friendly with each other again. Another original gunner speaking to Axl, just two more to make peace with.

I'm sure they just need to talk. After so much time, there may be much less "hate" between them than the fans think. They are in their 40's/mid 40's. They learnt to respect each other over the years, they grew-up, they are mature adults now.
I'd like to see them onstage all together playing a show in Paris before I die. I'd like them to do it before they get old. It is still time to do it. They are not "too old" yet. If I had to choose one dream, that would probably be that one.
There are a lot of bands (including Led Zeppelin) doing reunions this year, I hope GN'R will do the same. It would be HUGE.

Zeppelin? Are you the only one who knows about this? Or have I missed something?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2007, 06:26:26 AM »

l think its great the way Adler and Axl have spoken to each other again,l mean first it was Izzy then it was Matt and now its Steven, l think that it would be great if Steven went on tour like the way Izzy did. lt would be really good though if the original line-up were still together, but it will never happen again because one man thought he was GUNS N ROSES and it was Axl Rose

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2007, 06:55:54 AM »

Talkin' about reunion huh? Steven said he wouldn't do it unless if it'd be the original band hihi But anyway, I think it's cool they talked to each other. Wonder what Steven thinks now..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2007, 07:37:32 AM »

Why anyone on this board Bashes Steven is beyond me, especially if you listen to the music he helped create...Taking pleasure in someone?s pain is sick. If you aren?t part of the solution get the hell out of the way?.

?

Absolutley agree. I think the majority of people who do take pleasure in bashing Adler are probably the younger fans, IMO. Fans who were really too young to remember GN'R Appetite HEYDAY! I mean I think Mantia and Ferrar are great but Adler made huge contributions to the band. One of those contributions is called APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION. I'm sure most of you have heard of it.? I don't think fans should remember Adler as the junkie drummer. You guys can say what you want about this guy, but how many of you can say you contributed to the greatest rock album of all time.

Look at my end quote below at what Izzy had to say about Steve's departure
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 07:39:55 AM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2007, 07:41:15 AM »

shutup about a fucking reunion.     Axl and Adler have a conversation one evening almost 6 months ago in vegas and you people are crying reunion.    Roll Eyes

how bout some respect for the band as it is now?   as tommy said, 'get on board or fuck off.'  couldn't have been said better.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2007, 09:02:13 AM »

shutup about a fucking reunion.? ? ?Axl and Adler have a conversation one evening almost 6 months ago in vegas and you people are crying reunion.? ? Roll Eyes

how bout some respect for the band as it is now?? ?as tommy said, 'get on board or fuck off.'? couldn't have been said better.

You are a very moving speaker.? I'm guessing about 16.? ?ok
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:03:45 AM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2007, 09:14:07 AM »

shutup about a fucking reunion.     Axl and Adler have a conversation one evening almost 6 months ago in vegas and you people are crying reunion.    Roll Eyes

how bout some respect for the band as it is now?   as tommy said, 'get on board or fuck off.'  couldn't have been said better.

You are a very moving speaker.  I'm guessing about 16.   ok

And I'm guessing you're stuck in 1987.  Tongue

All you reunion people, go hang out in Dead Horse. Thanks.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2007, 10:18:16 AM »

did you guys know, that axl also made peace with matt sorum this year? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »

did you guys know, that axl also made peace with matt sorum this year? hihi

3 drummers at once - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozcn707iUCM

Can't Imagine confused

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2007, 10:37:36 AM »

Zeppelin? Are you the only one who knows about this? Or have I missed something?

Zeppelin isn't having a reunion, the article this guy is basing his information from was written back in 2003 after how the west was won was released. All they did was re-post the article with the current date on it.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2007, 12:21:11 PM »

actually i was 16 about 10 years ago.. when the last of the ex-members in the original lineup left the band.   

dont get me wrong, I think its cool Axl and Steven made amends or peace or whatever.  Thats a good thing because it sucks to harbor hate for other people.   But al the crying for a reunion is a huge slap in the face to the band that has been working hard for US this last year. ok
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »

shutup about a fucking reunion.? ? ?Axl and Adler have a conversation one evening almost 6 months ago in vegas and you people are crying reunion.? ? Roll Eyes

how bout some respect for the band as it is now?? ?as tommy said, 'get on board or fuck off.'? couldn't have been said better.

You are a very moving speaker.? I'm guessing about 16.? ?ok

actually i was 16 about 10 years ago.. when the last of the ex-members in the original lineup left the band.? ?

dont get me wrong, I think its cool Axl and Steven made amends or peace or whatever.? Thats a good thing because it sucks to harbor hate for other people.? ?But al the crying for a reunion is a huge slap in the face to the band that has been working hard for US this last year. ok

Yeah, I hear you. I just want the Cd at this point too. The silence is just getting really old.   Embarrassed

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2007, 02:19:45 PM »

actually i was 16 about 10 years ago.. when the last of the ex-members in the original lineup left the band.   

dont get me wrong, I think its cool Axl and Steven made amends or peace or whatever.  Thats a good thing because it sucks to harbor hate for other people.   But al the crying for a reunion is a huge slap in the face to the band that has been working hard for US this last year. ok

Yeah, I hear you. I just want the Cd at this point too. The silence is just getting really old.   Embarrassed

We are all eagerly awaiting. drool
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: