Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th  (Read 21213 times)
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2006, 08:26:34 AM »

Well if this is true, then we'll heard something tonight for sure yes
fixintodie
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2006, 08:39:47 AM »

This was posted just a few hours ago, and would certainly seem to contradict what's been said here - or at least seems to point to the October shows going ahead as planned.

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=91328&SecID=2

The plot thickens...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2006, 08:42:11 AM »

When I click on the newgnr link it takes me straight to a forbidden screen.

Anyone else getting this?

forbidden screen, what does that mean?
fixintodie
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2006, 08:42:58 AM »

Also found this:

Guns N' Roses changes date
The Bakersfield Californian | Friday, Sep 22 2006 10:40 PM
Last Updated: Friday, Sep 22 2006 10:49 PM

Guns N' Roses, which was scheduled to play Rabobank Arena at 8 p.m. Friday, has rescheduled its Bakersfield date to Jan. 11. The band is starting its North American tour on Oct. 20 in Jacksonville, Fla.

Tickets that have already been purchased will be honored for the January show. Tickets are still on sale at $39.50 to $75.50, available at www.ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster outlets, at the Rabobank box office and by phone at 322-2525.

So it appears that all the shows Oct.20th onwards are going ahead as planned. All shows before that are rescheduled for Dec/Jan. Perhaps they just need the time until then to get ready for CD? ?Cool
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 08:47:44 AM by fixintodie » Logged
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2006, 08:43:07 AM »

This was posted just a few hours ago, and would certainly seem to contradict what's been said here - or at least seems to point to the October shows going ahead as planned.

Heh! ?In my book, this confirms it. ?The big stall. ? Grin ?They're not ready to announce the delay, but they don't want to complicate the issue by having tickets on sales.
fixintodie
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »

Heh! ?In my book, this confirms it. ?The big stall. ? Grin ?They're not ready to announce the delay, but they don't want to complicate the issue by having tickets on sales.

My point is that the date of the show is still October 31st, so it seems that the tour as it begins Oct.20th is going ahead.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2006, 08:51:10 AM »

Why are dates still showing up on ticketmaster if they are all postponed?
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2006, 08:53:42 AM »

My point is that the date of the show is still October 31st, so it seems that the tour as it begins Oct.20th is going ahead.

Nah, this is a local release, they wouldn't know and couldn't say regardless. ?In lieu of a new date/tour announcement from the band/promoters, they have stick with the info at hand and regurgitate the rest (whether they think it's true or not). ?
slashBOG
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2006, 09:00:06 AM »

THAT IS B. S  .. please tell me it's B.S    nervous confused crying
fixintodie
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2006, 09:02:58 AM »

Where would they get the info about delayed sales from other than management?

'You can get your tickets for the October 31st concert at the Greensboro Coliseum advance box office and at area Triad Lowes Foods locations.'
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:05:50 AM by fixintodie » Logged
fixintodie
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »

THAT IS B. S? .. please tell me it's B.S? ? nervous confused crying

Guessing you had tickets for Friday?  no Hope you can watch Inland Invasion with the rest of us, at least.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2006, 09:11:01 AM »

If this is true I dont see how anyone could view this as a bad thing in any way. If they have postponed (not cancelled) these dates so they could finish up the album and get it released by the end of the year, how on earth is that not GREAT news?? I understand the people that are going being a bit irritated for the rescheduled dates, especially if they have already made arrangements to be at one of these shows, but still, this is really great news if it is true. It means Axl is finally going to stick to his word and release the album this year.

Just remember, rescheduled dates are nothing compared to Cancellations. You will get to see them just going to have to wait a couple months.

I think everyone will agree that the album is a lot more important than these dates. Think about it, would you rather see them after the album is released, and probably 3/4 new songs added to the setlist, or them play this week with the same old setlist, nothing new?? No question I would rather wait a couple months
fixintodie
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2006, 09:16:01 AM »

If this is true I dont see how anyone could view this as a bad thing in any way. If they have postponed (not cancelled) these dates so they could finish up the album and get it released by the end of the year, how on earth is that not GREAT news?? I understand the people that are going being a bit irritated for the rescheduled dates, especially if they have already made arrangements to be at one of these shows, but still, this is really great news if it is true. It means Axl is finally going to stick to his word and release the album this year.

Just remember, rescheduled dates are nothing compared to Cancellations. You will get to see them just going to have to wait a couple months.

I think everyone will agree that the album is a lot more important than these dates. Think about it, would you rather see them after the album is released, and probably 3/4 new songs added to the setlist, or them play this week with the same old setlist, nothing new?? No question I would rather wait a couple months

I'm with you on that. But the most irritating thing is how poorly it appears to have been handled. These shows are so soon, no official statement about the delays yet, and we're left wondering why the album couldn't have been mixed (if that is the reason for the rescheduling) during the lull between the European and US tours.

But still, barring any problems with the mixing, god forbid, I really do think we'll see Chi Dem very soon.  beer
Origen
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2006, 09:18:06 AM »

If this is true I dont see how anyone could view this as a bad thing in any way

What about all the people planning on attending them shows, you don't think they might just be a little dissappointed that they have to re-arrange there plans and wait months till there actual concert.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2006, 09:20:45 AM »

If this is true I dont see how anyone could view this as a bad thing in any way

What about all the people planning on attending them shows, you don't think they might just be a little dissappointed that they have to re-arrange there plans and wait months till there actual concert.

yeah but by then we will peolly have the record out yes
slashBOG
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2006, 09:21:29 AM »

THAT IS B. S? .. please tell me it's B.S? ? nervous confused crying

Guessing you had tickets for Friday?? no Hope you can watch Inland Invasion with the rest of us, at least.

Actually I have tickets for 2 shows in Florida, Estero and Sunrise, ?But I dont want the same thing that happened in 2002 to happen again,,,,, ?nervous ?I ended with a serious trauma for ?a ?long time.... we' ll know more info abt this dates troughout Saturday... ?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2006, 09:23:16 AM »

#1, If this is true, it should've been decided a long time ago not to tour without CD done and out in stores. What a whimsical organization thay are.

#2, It sucks for the people who who planning to go. No argument on that one. I've been there myself.

#3, This might not be true at all.

#4, This might not be true at all.

#5, This might not be true at all.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2006, 09:23:34 AM »

I'm with you on that. But the most irritating thing is how poorly it appears to have been handled. These shows are so soon, no official statement about the delays yet, and we're left wondering why the album couldn't have been mixed (if that is the reason for the rescheduling) during the lull between the European and US tours.

But still, barring any problems with the mixing, god forbid, I really do think we'll see Chi

Yeah, I agree, but the GNR camp has always handled things badly.

Axl said the tour would start on October 23, so when those dates were announced I found it kinda strange. The warm gigs didnt surprise me, but when they started scheduling huge arenas after saying the official tour didnt start until October 23, I found that kinda strange.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2006, 09:24:07 AM »

well, maybe it was just me, but didn`t anybody else think that the late september/early october shows just didn`t make any sense???

well... of  course the band has all its equipment in california at the moment and only doing 5 gigs isn?t as profitable as doing 12 or so, but other than that, there`s no reason to have a 2 week gap and start the "real" tour on the east coast two weeks later...

i think rescheduling the shows makes sense and it`s definitely good news....  chinese democracy starts now!!!  peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
fixintodie
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »

Posted by: Guns N' Neuroses ?
Insert Quote
#1, If this is true, it should've been decided a long time ago not to tour without CD done and out in stores. What a whimsical organization thay are.

#2, It sucks for the people who who planning to go. No argument on that one. I've been there myself.

#3, This might not be true at all.

#4, This might not be true at all.

#5, This might not be true at all.

>>
Read up - this Friday's show is definitely postponed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: