Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:45:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R reschedules Sep 27 - Oct 5 dates - tour starts Oct 20th  (Read 21242 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 05:55:30 AM »

Can Mysteron clear this up for us?
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 05:57:41 AM »

I didn't want to start a new thread, but does this mean that GNr did not sellout or good enough that axl or company had to delay the tour

That's what I read someone sugget. It kinda made some sense. If tickets weren't selling too well they'd likey sell better once the album was released and songs were on radio. Who knows the reasoning though. It's be so awesome if Gn'R would share with the fans. There's really no reason to leave us in the dark like this all the time. It;s just about showing the slightest amount of respect for the fasn that have helped in some way or another keep this thing going. We care and want to know whats going on. Have some guy post this shit on gnronline everyday. I really wonder who calls the shots with this band and with management. It's just really weird.

Also Geffen.com has updated with the same tour dates info as gnronline, so i guess it's just a feed from one another
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 05:58:08 AM »

I didn't want to start a new thread, but does this mean that GNr did not sellout or good enough that axl or company had to delay the tour

That's what I read someone sugget. It kinda made some sense. If tickets weren't selling too well they'd likey sell better once the album was released and songs were on radio. Who knows the reasoning though. It's be so awesome if Gn'R would share with the fans. There's really no reason to leave us in the dark like this all the time. It;s just about showing the slightest amount of respect for the fasn that have helped in some way or another keep this thing going. We care and want to know whats going on. Have some guy post this shit on gnronline everyday. I really wonder who calls the shots with this band and with management. It's just really weird.

I doubt the reason is 'not selling enough tickets'  Cause one would or should know beforehand? 2002 anyone? It's kinda silly to do a tour without an album in the US in large venues no? So they calculated that in?

Perhaps only the dates between Kroq and the 23th of october are rescedualed till later. That would leave time before the end of october to finish the album things and start touring right ahead when the albums out?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:00:08 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 05:59:36 AM »

I would think the earky dates of the official tour (October 20th, 22nd, 24th. 25th. etc.) are in jeopardy big time.
Bono
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 06:03:49 AM »

Well if the rumor is true than it's awesome news. if it's not true than this whole thing could be coming apart at the seems. Exciteing times but a bit scary as well.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 06:04:40 AM »

if it's true, I think it's a good news  Smiley

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 06:08:08 AM »

Exciteing times but a bit scary as well.
And we wouldn't have it any other way  Cool
Imagine if we'd had a solid release date hanging over us for the last six months. We'd have been some bored people. 
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 06:16:11 AM »

So...Im not going to be able to see GNR next Friday? That fucking sucks.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 06:18:27 AM »

Buddha,

It's a good thing.? Now you can see them after you have heard CD and get a show with more new tunes.? I kind of hope October 20th gets postponed till January as well for that reason.
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 06:29:03 AM »

This HAS to be it! Shocked

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 06:38:24 AM »

Buddha,

It's a good thing.? Now you can see them after you have heard CD and get a show with more new tunes.? I kind of hope October 20th gets postponed till January as well for that reason.

But that is just speculating.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 07:37:33 AM »

i think this needs a new thread

September 23 --- Guns postponing shows after KROQ

I've heard it weeks before, but didn't want to post it straight away for obvious reasons. The story is, we've heard from someone very high up in the food chain of the GNR tour that all California shows after KROQ will be postponed until December. The source continues.. "After Sept 23rd, the band goes into studio to complete final mixing of the album, and the album will come out before December" ... "Towards new years, they will fly to Miami for a show... and ON new years eve, they plan to perform in Dubai" ... take it for what it is, still a rumour.

http://www.newgnr.com/newgnr.html

I can't see how this would A) True or B) Viewed as good news by anybody. If the part about the album being in the final mix stage to be released in December is what people keep referring to as good news I still don't get it. Axl said twice it'll be out this year then he said the tour starts in October, why would they wait until tickets are already sold for upcoming warmups before postponing them to get the album ready?

Wouldn't all of that have been done between the Euro Tour and these warm up dates?

In the end I guess we'll all just have to wait for either an official word or the next warm up dates after KROQ to happen without it hitch to confirm or deny this, but that's just my $.02

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 07:45:30 AM »

there's another posivite side to this!
At least band learned to cancel the show before the gates open! this way no riot... ok  hihi

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2006, 07:54:58 AM »

now this is interesting... Since this has just happend, maybe they will say somthing on the concert tonight???
If its true, when is the last Concert?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2006, 07:58:33 AM »

Can Mysteron clear this up for us?

one more thing 2..how come there ant a decent offical site 4 GNR??

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 07:59:26 AM »

As for the postponing of dates: Interesting! Waiting for official statement, or some slightly more corroborating rumor. Huh?

As for the New Year's Eve show in Dubai? So not believing this. C'mon, flying to the United Arab Emirates for such a date? Yeah, I can just picture the headbanger scene in the UAE. GNR's music is so accepted in the Muslim world. ? hihi ?

What's the warm date for Dubai? Christmas morning on the White House Lawn? ? rofl

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 08:02:12 AM »

now this is interesting... Since this has just happend, maybe they will say somthing on the concert tonight???
If its true, when is the last Concert?

tomorrow. inland invasion.

As for the New Year's Eve show in Dubai? So not believing this. C'mon, flying to the United Arab Emirates for such a date? Yeah, I can just picture the headbanger scene in the UAE. GNR's music is so accepted in the Muslim world.   hihi 

hey, at least they didnt go to some mini iran hihi
but Dubai seems pissable.
after all lost of people from europe/usa go there for the holidays, and also there's a bunch of US soldiers there, so it might be an interesting choice. and it might not be that the band chose the location, but some arabian organizer wanted to get them. after all they always want to get what's hardest to get.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 08:04:46 AM »

Who's promoting the dates, anyway? ?(Or who WAS promoting the dates). ?I keep forgetting to look.

Maybe they're taking a page out of the Alan Niven school of management -- or maybe it was Rose who taught Niven -- and the original bookings were a ploy to force the label's hand for something or another -- probably cough up the money to finish the album. ?That could explain why the dates were scheduled so quietly.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »

As for the New Year's Eve show in Dubai? So not believing this. C'mon, flying to the United Arab Emirates for such a date? Yeah, I can just picture the headbanger scene in the UAE. GNR's music is so accepted in the Muslim world. hihi

hey, at least they didnt go to some mini iran hihi
but Dubai seems pissable.
after all lost of people from europe/usa go there for the holidays, and also there's a bunch of US soldiers there, so it might be an interesting choice. and it might not be that the band chose the location, but some arabian organizer wanted to get them. after all they always want to get what's hardest to get.

Typo's aside, dude (Pissable? ?rofl) Yes, there can be great one off shows and events in Dubai and the UAE. I just don't see or hear a lot of Metal/Hard Rock shows happening there, unless they're really low key gigs for certain higher up people. It's not like we've heard of other big name hard rock acts (like Metallica) playing there, have we? I've heard more about Dance/Pop/Jazz/etc acts playing special gigs there. But nothing about hard rock and metal acts.

And good one on the 'mini-iran' crack!

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2006, 08:21:33 AM »

When I click on the newgnr link it takes me straight to a forbidden screen.

Anyone else getting this?

Be Aware of Legacy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: