Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl vs Cameras
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl vs Cameras  (Read 10912 times)
Bono
« on: September 22, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »

O.k. so while reading another thread I just thought to myself, "What's Axl's deal with cameras at the show anyways?"  Actually to be fair most concerts don't allow you to bring cameras into the show per say, but once you're in and start taking pictures of the show nobody ever seems to care really except Axl. For example(and chill out people it's just an example) when I saw U2 in Vancouver I was less than 3 feet away from Bono and I snapped many pictures with a real camera. Neither Bono nor security batted an eye. In fact Bono seemd to be posing for the pictures and playing along with it. the U2 tickets stubs clearly say no cameras or recording devices yet nobody seems to care. I noticed this also at The Killers concert and at David Usher every time I've been to see him, so I'm just wondering why Axl is so picky about it. I know why bands used to try and stop people from taking pictures at shows back in the day but these days with the way technology is it's impossible to stop it so why does Axl sometimes make a big deal out of it when someone up front breaks out a camera?

Please note I'm not ragging on Axl here, I'm just curious. peace
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:58:57 PM »

It doesn't seem like Axl does that anymore does he?

Theres tons of close up 2006 pics from concerts... has there been any recent examples?

gnrevolution.com
KelsisZero
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:01:47 PM »

Axl didn't seem to care really when i was snapping shots, even walked by and shook my hand Smiley
my pics from the Sept. 20th show:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/KelsisZero/Guns%20N%20Roses/

password is gnr2k6

September 20th, The Warfield, San Francisco
December 17th, Gibson Amphitheater, Los Angeles
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:03:01 PM »

I don't think it bothers him so much now because he knows it's impossible for it NOT to happen with the advent of modern technology. He'd have to strip-search every single person at admission. Axl knows every person there has a picture phone and it's ridiculous to get pissed about it.

If you watch the Manchester bootleg of IRS he looks right off-stage at the cameraman at one point and stares for a second before turning back to the crowd, he knows people are recording.
Bono
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »

That's true. I guess there ahsn't been ne of these incidents for quite some time now. Axl probably realieses  as much as anyone there's no way he can stop people from taking pictures at shows anymore.  But even back in teh day he seemed to be the only one who had a REAL problem with it. Why do you think that is? Maybe he was just the most vocal about it Grin
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 08:09:18 PM »

As long as its not a professional camera with a detachable lens, they let you in with it. They don't want you using flash at all. Axl really didnt seem to mind, I had my digital camera out taking pictures all night long on wed night with flash and everyone else did as well.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:10:26 PM »

That's true. I guess there ahsn't been ne of these incidents for quite some time now. Axl probably realieses  as much as anyone there's no way he can stop people from taking pictures at shows anymore.  But even back in teh day he seemed to be the only one who had a REAL problem with it. Why do you think that is? Maybe he was just the most vocal about it Grin

I think it's because Axl got a very big ego back then and due to low self-confidence (rooted in the trauma he went through as a child) felt the need to re-inforce his superiority. So controlling aspects of the shows was his way of making sure everyone knew who was boss in a way. I think he really did it because he kind of felt like he needed that power or something. That sounds stupid but I think a psychiatrist would tell you a lot of Axl's behavior over the years has been due to his childhood in some way.
Bono
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »

Yeah this topic is kinda Dead Horse material now that I think about it. I can't really point to anything recently that would makes us believe he has a problem with it. I wonder if he did in 2002?
Bono
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 08:12:25 PM »

I think it's because Axl got a very big ego back then and due to low self-confidence (rooted in the trauma he went through as a child) felt the need to re-inforce his superiority. So controlling aspects of the shows was his way of making sure everyone knew who was boss in a way. I think he really did it because he kind of felt like he needed that power or something. That sounds stupid but I think a psychiatrist would tell you a lot of Axl's behavior over the years has been due to his childhood in some way.

Interesting.  Smiley
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 08:32:14 PM »

He should love the cameras, the fans lately have been getting some awesome shots and passing them around is great promo for the band.  From what I have witnessed at the shows I went to he snapped at a few people for acting out but not about the cameras.  It was more the security that dealt with cameras.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 08:40:40 PM »

Let's not Dead Horse it yet.  The stupid assholes at KROQ say no cameras, but I just don't see how you enforce that rule with 55,000+ people.  If security wants my camera, what do I do?  How 'bout if I hand over my batteries, will that be enough? 

Any tips on stashing the camera somewhere?
Bono
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »

Let's not Dead Horse it yet.? The stupid assholes at KROQ say no cameras, but I just don't see how you enforce that rule with 55,000+ people.? If security wants my camera, what do I do?? How 'bout if I hand over my batteries, will that be enough??

Not really. I never bring a  camera to any show except U2 just in case. At U2 I just put it in my pocket and when they search you real quick(if they search you at a U2 show) I just tell them it's a camera. Nobody cares. I don't know how you'd stash a  camera really Huh
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 08:48:03 PM »

Let's not Dead Horse it yet.  The stupid assholes at KROQ say no cameras, but I just don't see how you enforce that rule with 55,000+ people.  If security wants my camera, what do I do?  How 'bout if I hand over my batteries, will that be enough? 

Not really. I never bring a  camera to any show except U2 just in case. At U2 I just put it in my pocket and when they search you real quick(if they search you at a U2 show) I just tell them it's a camera. Nobody cares. I don't know how you'd stash a  camera really Huh
All they made you do at Vegas was lift up part of your shirt, so I'm sure they didn't care either...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 08:53:30 PM »

Let's not Dead Horse it yet.? The stupid assholes at KROQ say no cameras, but I just don't see how you enforce that rule with 55,000+ people.? If security wants my camera, what do I do?? How 'bout if I hand over my batteries, will that be enough??

Not really. I never bring a? camera to any show except U2 just in case. At U2 I just put it in my pocket and when they search you real quick(if they search you at a U2 show) I just tell them it's a camera. Nobody cares. I don't know how you'd stash a? camera really Huh
All they made you do at Vegas was lift up part of your shirt, so I'm sure they didn't care either...

I got patted down fully both nights by a female at the Vegas shows.

At Hammerstein they barely looked in my bag and touched me only briefly, I could have gotten one in easily.

When I did sneak a camera into a show, I put it around the bottom of my leg and pulled my boot over it.
Bono
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »

At Hammerstein they barely looked in my bag and touched me only briefly, I could have gotten one in easily.

When I did sneak a camera into a show, I put it around the bottom of my leg and pulled my boot over it.

In Vancouver 2002 they were searching people like crazy. Going through every little item of girls purses and shit. this was ?even before they opend the doors(which the never did no)

At the hammerstein show on the 15th nobody checked me at all. I was with a group of 7 and not one of us got checekd or even asked to see a ticket stub. We walked right in. The only time anyone asked to see our ticket was when we treid to walk into the lower level. they told us to go upstairs. Itw as weird.
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 09:00:15 PM »

Really? That's weird...all they made me do was lift up part of my shirt, most likely to see if I had a weapon or something
Bono
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 09:01:06 PM »

I'll beat it if you fuck off too.? all you're trying to do is make axl look bad but it isnt working is it, boner?

You are a pathetic little fool. It's an honest thread that came to mind while reading other's posts in the threads reviewing the ?shows. You're not gonna beat anyone you goof. you're sitting behind a monitor acting tough. You sound like an idiot. like I said Beat it Small Fry. I'm done with you. Kiss
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 09:06:47 PM »

Well I can say that 2 chicks got kicked out of the 2nd night at the Hammerstien for taking pics.  They were sitting in front of me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 09:10:12 PM »

small fry is the the most idiotic insult ive ever read here.  you dont know what i look like or anything about me.  howabout you go think of a better thread to make,

oH and youre the cum your mum should have swallowed  ok

LOL

typical bono thread

Why doesn't axl (do something).  I just dont understand.

U2 does it!  I love U2.

Not trying to bash the band  peace
Bono
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 09:14:35 PM »

small fry is the the most idiotic insult ive ever read here.? you dont know what i look like or anything about me.? howabout you go think of a better thread to make,

oH and youre the cum your mum should have swallowed? ok

LOL

typical bono thread

Why doesn't axl (do something).? I just dont understand.

U2 does it!? I love U2.

Not trying to bash the band? peace

You're the biggest fucking idiot on the entire net Jim Bob. I refrence U2 because I've been to alot of shows, I see alot of what they do and I use them as my examples. You're so far up your own ass it's not even funny. How about reading the full thread and see what else I posted. There was nothing wrong with this thread. You are the biggest hypocrit  I have ever seen. What was that bullshit you posted at ROV about your threads being trolled upon and how yo don't care for me so you choose to ignore me and my threads.  yeah you're a real victim there buddy. You're an embarassment that's what you are. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: