Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan  (Read 23909 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

Of course it's not your job... I mean, if you actually knew when it happened, it would be easier to answer. But it's just a lot more conveniant for you to complain in a general way.

it happend on:
9.06.06. - 22h 12minutes ?- enterance 3, 24 meters east, 2 meters north.
13.06.06. - 21h 32minutes - arena, section 122, enterance c

prove me I'm wrong.

see how pointless that is. but I admit, I have no proof of anything happening.

I think the fans, who read this board and think Axl wants security to kick his fans' asses, now know better.

where did I say that?! I said that security guys dont go reading your forum and they dont know what kind of attitude Axl has about it.
the security guys will be assholes on every show unless Axl pulls a stunt like that as an intro.
I know Axl's on our side, and if you bothered to read my previous posts(page 4-5 this thread), youd know I dont think Axl should do anything about fans problems with security because it's just not under his controle. but what I found amusing is Merck commenting on such an unimportant incident(the microphone thing), while there's pink elephant in the room.
my reply about it got blown up out of proportion, same as this thread.

that's universal excuse. and quite childish Roll Eyes
it happened only 7 USA shows ago, and I dont see why we should let it go. nervous

Your posts are childish.

you know what this reminds me of?

girl one: my barbie is beautiful
girl two: no, my barbie is more beautiful
girl one: no! mine is!
girl two: no mine is!
girl one: you are wrong
girl two: no you are
girl one: no you are
girl two:.... etc etc etc

It wasn't "only 7 USA shows ago". It was almost four years ago.

Aren't you happy I don't bring up stuff you posted a few years ago? Or maybe I should just say "oh, that was just one username ago".

/jarmo

well, the "7 usa show" thing was just to show you how easy is to relativise the truth.
we both know it's not something that that recenty but it's not something that can be "let go" that easly.
I'm not trying to start trouble, but I like to have things straight/objective. I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong, but some people here would do anything to live in a lie.
and I say why? when the truth can also be beautiful.

next to adress the latter part...

well, if you remembered I apologised for that.
but if bringing up 4-5 year old posts will resolve anything go ahead. I dont mind.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 06:08:12 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2006, 06:14:39 PM »

Sarcasm doesn't always come across as intended when typing.

As for the album, no one knows at this point so if we didn't discuss anything else we would have 33276 threads of questions that cannot be answered and "ludicrous" speculation to use your own word.? Just because you do not deem it a valid discussion doesn't make it not one and you are free to post in threads you deem worthwhile.

And since we have people here discussing other issues with the security at shows I think that in itself makes this thread worth the read.

I find it a ok theme(I wouldnt have read it if I didnt like the title enough)... but 8 pages? a merck reply?
that's like using a cannon to kill a fly. and there's bigger birds out there to hunt.
people blew my comment out of proportion. (next time I should use less caps lock). but still I have some valid points. and I'll defend them.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
anythinggoes
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2006, 06:20:36 PM »

Lucky you are a .......... fuck your not worth it why are you here all you want to do is start shit and post absolute bollocks with not actual importance or substance to the thread i know if you was on a board i ran your ass would of been long gone i dont know why Jarmo puts up with your bullshit
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2006, 06:26:47 PM »

Lucky, that's better!

be converted! ok

Yes, be converted it might snare you a little less negative karma....

Secondly, the little pink sign under my name indicates that I am not a dude, not since the last time I checked anyway....

Thirdly, there is a way to convey yourself without using insults. ?You can have a discussion without using them, it really makes you seem more mature.

Regarding what else you said don't you think it is a POSITIVE thing that the band/management is addressing issues as they come up now even if it is regarding one security guard in a club? ?Something they weren't doing previously as you referred to. ?A step forward as I see it....but of course that is my opinion.

sorry. it's such a pretty pink sign Wink I dont know how I could have missed it.
but I dont use insults in most of my posts. I only add a heavy dose of sarcasm, mostly for a good cause(amusement), but sometimes it goes out of hand.

I think it's positive that the band/management are adressing issues. but "where did the microphone go", "put it in your pants" is not an issue for the fans. its an issue for ONE GUY. the issue for the fans is "when will the album be out", "who wrote what", "when will you come to our country/continent". but adressing the microphone issue is like putting a bandaid on a corpse - ludicrous.

try enjoying my sarcasm. you'll find it funny peace

......or just annoying

Axl is God.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »

@anything goes

I feel like such a spammer.
dont worry. I'll stop posting if that makes you feel better. no just say the word, and I'll log off.

but all my replies have been on topic, and I had arguments for everything I said.
I only post when my opinion is diferent than that of the majority, because I honestly dont see the point in saying "I agree" every time I agree on something.
you might have interpred that as a war paint but it wasnt.
the times I actually insulted people are when I got those 2 karma points. rest of my posts is "bad words" free. and I use the word "fuck" only in "what the fuck". I see how someone might get offended by that.
4-5 years ago I got banned for making rasist remarks, and pissing people on purpose. when I returned I let jarmo know and I guess he let me stay if I dont repeat the same mistake (or any other I guess). I dont think I offended anyone personally, but only made my coments based on what we all know.

I use loads of sarcasm, but only to make my point clear+it's funny to read once you get the hang of it.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2006, 06:34:03 PM »

@anything goes

I feel like such a spammer.
dont worry. I'll stop posting if that makes you feel better. no just say the word, and I'll log off.

but all my replies have been on topic, and I had arguments for everything I said.
I only post when my opinion is diferent than that of the majority, because I honestly dont see the point in saying "I agree" every time I agree on something.
you might have interpred that as a war paint but it wasnt.
the times I actually insulted people are when I got those 2 karma points. rest of my posts is "bad words" free. and I use the word "fuck" only in "what the fuck". I see how someone might get offended by that.
4-5 years ago I got banned for making rasist remarks, and pissing people on purpose. when I returned I let jarmo know and I guess he let me stay if I dont repeat the same mistake (or any other I guess). I dont think I offended anyone personally, but only made my coments based on what we all know.

I use loads of sarcasm, but only to make my point clear+it's funny to read once you get the hang of it.

They should have left you banned.  You post to argue not to make any valid points.  If you keep having to tell us you are funny chances are you aren't quite the comedian you claim to be since no one seems to be understanding your humor at all.

Now can we get back on topic?
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »

They should have left you banned.? You post to argue not to make any valid points.? If you keep having to tell us you are funny chances are you aren't quite the comedian you claim to be since no one seems to be understanding your humor at all.

Now can we get back on topic?

you need to get to know me better.
well it's a semantic kind of a thing... I'm here to discuss- not argue... but its a thin line.
that's because it's so hard to prove anyting around here...
well you need to know me to know my humor. this is probably the 1st time you see me post and you instantly think I'm a) spammer b)axl hater c) Scot Weiland

ok, you wont find my posts funny, but you wont think they are so serious... you'll think I'm an idiot, but not some spamming warlord.

back on topic:

yeah the security guy is an asshole. hope he gets fired.
and does anyone know what microphones does the rest of the band use?
maybe he throws one of those...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 06:43:04 PM by Lucky » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »

it happend on:
9.06.06. - 22h 12minutes ?- enterance 3, 24 meters east, 2 meters north.
13.06.06. - 21h 32minutes - arena, section 122, enterance c

prove me I'm wrong.

see how pointless that is. but I admit, I have no proof of anything happening.

Pointless?

You're the one saying there were problems that weren't dealt with or commented on. Yet you can't name one incident.

It's like people complaining about riots and make it sound like there's riots at every other show.

Or like they cancel more shows than they play.

where did I say that?! I said that security guys dont go reading your forum and they dont know what kind of attitude Axl has about it.

There were posters mentioning Axl and security thinking it's his fault.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2006, 07:21:10 PM »

i don't think anyone thinks Axl's fault for the guards actions, most of us know he tells them to back the fuck off if he sees them being too rough..all bands rag on security if they act like dicks and the band sees it, but how are we supposed to know if Axl sends security in the crowd to get them mic back or not? not all of us email Merck.

most entertainment people usually want their shit back if it goes in the crowd...ball players usually want their bat back, hockey players usually try and get their stick back and i've  seen once where a guitar was thrown into the corwd and they got that back (I can't recall what band it was though Undecided ) anyway my point is maybe they feel that it's their job to track it down when it's thrown, i doubt security guards all over the world are hardcore gnr fanatics who beat up people to get a souvenier or to sell it on ebay, c'mon, and we hear of it too regularily for it to be a coincidence don't ya think, unless its a group of stalkers who travel around after gnr dressed in security tshirts looking for axls used mics hihi

regardless it's really not that big of deal although it became the hot topic of the day

To the average person if you catch the mic and and security says...um we need that back...what are ya gonna do? hand it back prolly....My advice, like i already stated earlier, if one of ya catch it shove it up your shirt and get the fuck outta dodge. peace

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2006, 07:53:35 PM »

Pointless?

You're the one saying there were problems that weren't dealt with or commented on. Yet you can't name one incident.

It's like people complaining about riots and make it sound like there's riots at every other show.

Or like they cancel more shows than they play.

heres what I originaly said, and the caps lock that I guess started this debate.

the phily/vc we'll put behind.
I also dont know of any incident with the security in 2006. what I said was a dirty lie.
the late thing I guess I can put behind as well.

still I find the microphone press release bad taste.
it's like george bush talking about indangered animal species in iraq.
but enough with my sarcasm. it can only get me in trouble
He(merck) DID NOT comment when people got seriously troubled by the security,
DID NOT comment when axl got late for shows

Axl DID NOT comment when Philadelphia happened
Axl barely commented the Vancouver incident

/jarmo

peace

edit: and to all those of you who take my posts seriously, read the signature!!! Its been there for a while now... what else do you need.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 07:57:59 PM by Lucky » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2006, 08:00:09 PM »

Where did I say the words press and release?

It was a comment made by Merck, not a press release.

Talk about blowing things out of proportion.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2006, 08:09:56 PM »

Where did I say the words press and release?

It was a comment made by Merck, not a press release.

Talk about blowing things out of proportion.....

/jarmo

I was under the impression that everything you say merck said is official.
and press release or not it's what he said is that matters.

I used "press release" because so far I never seen people diferentiate "what merck said" and "press release".
and I dont use english often. in fact I dont use it at all. maybe 5 minutes per year (except the net), so sorry if I missinterpret something.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2006, 02:21:57 PM »

If they cared that much, then they'd simply tell Axl not to throw it. Its not like people are gonna give them negative reviews because Axl didnt throw his microphone Grin So, I am pretty sure he just throws it for a lucky fan, and that security guard decided to be an asshole.
I agree, I think that is exaxtly what happened!  Axl would not through it out and then send someone out after it.  If he wanted his mikes back he wouldn't throw it cause there would be no guarantee that he would ever get it back after it had been thrown, I would have told security to blank off!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2006, 02:49:20 PM »

Security guards wouldn't listen if they were told to back off, etc before a concert, they'd just carry on as usual.

I wonder if any bands issue specific instructions to venues about the behaviour of security?

@#$%Funker
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2006, 04:08:19 PM »

If I catch anything during a Concert... there is no way in hell I'm giving it back. Fuck Security. Let them call the Cops and we'll deal with it that way. If a performer gives me something then there is no way anyone is going to take it away. That was a gift to ME!.

As far as I'm concerned..... if Security tries to take something away from me then they are the ones commiting a crime and they are just setting themselves up for trouble. 

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2006, 04:56:45 PM »

No shit! your posts in this thread almost convinced me that you were a security guy.

beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2006, 05:07:11 PM »

I heard this same story as well from axlrosegnr who also went for the mic after this show and that the security guard was a real jerk.?

We need to find someone who actually caught one at another show to see if this is common practice.? I am hoping just that security guard was an ahole or something!!!

Hello, Beta here. No mic has never been returned to Axl. If security in fact took from the fan; he did on his own. We NEVER received any mic or anything that Axl had chosen to throw in the crowed. I dont know who named this topic but, my opinion is that it is pretty fucked up. I am sure that security has the mic.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »

Thank you so much for answering this Beta!!  Some of us have tried to tell people that Axl would never do that, but some people just have to bitch about something!
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2006, 05:27:14 PM »

No shit! your posts in this thread almost convinced me that you were a security guy.

I love you to love

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »

Hello, Beta here. No mic has never been returned to Axl. If security in fact took from the fan; he did on his own. We NEVER received any mic or anything that Axl had chosen to throw in the crowed. I dont know who named this topic but, my opinion is that it is pretty fucked up. I am sure that security has the mic.

There you have it.  ok

Once again, it had nothing to do with the band.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: