Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan  (Read 23922 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2006, 02:57:37 PM »

No it was still different, cause the one he used for most of the show, also had a red band at the base and a little antenna...the one he used for paradise was completly black and had no antenna

ahh gotcha cheers beer maybe it's an older model... hihi

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2006, 03:00:22 PM »

Merck asked me to say that the security guard in question, if he really was one, has nothing to do with the band!

Also, Axl does indeed give away a mic each night.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 03:08:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »

because you can never have enough pittmans!
say it again when cd is released. Roll Eyes
and No.
he changed the mike in case someone should catch a cold from the spit.
reportedly, he was under the weather at the weekend. Not that he wouldn't change it if he wasn't.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2006, 03:11:56 PM »

Merck asked me to say that the security guard in question, if he really was one, has nothing to do with the band!

/jarmo

Oh yeah, i knew that....I noticed it was a Hard Rock security guard....he just wanted it for himself, or he gave it to some chick for a blowjob. ?

Axl is God.
pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2006, 03:13:21 PM »

there was a whole episode of seinfeld that revolved around jerry's using the phrase "indian giver"
and about the security at the hard rock- they really meant business, anyone who was acting crazy got the boot and that made for a much more pleasant show for everyone else. ?general admission shows ?can be really rough. ?the audience at the hammerstein ballroom was so violent, it was hard to enjoy the show. ?it was hard to concentrate to watching the show while trying not to get pummelled by the crowd. ?it felt like i was being beat up. ?the show at the hard rock was cool. ?you could stand relatively close to the stage without being mauled. ?there was a very small area in the front center where guys were kind of slamming around, but aside from that it was all cool. ?
anythinggoes
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2006, 03:13:42 PM »

/jarmo

Oh yeah, i knew that....I noticed it was a Hard Rock security guard....he just wanted it for himself, or he gave it to some chick for a blowjob. ?

or some dude nervous
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2006, 03:14:27 PM »

/jarmo

Yea, they were hard to miss, they were all dressed exactly the same and the size of Sasquatch.

Good to know it has nothing to do with the band though.

there was a whole episode of seinfeld that revolved around jerry's using the phrase "indian giver"
and about the security at the hard rock- they really meant business, anyone who was acting crazy got the boot and that made for a much more pleasant show for everyone else.  general admission shows  can be really rough.  the audience at the hammerstein ballroom was so violent, it was hard to enjoy the show.  it was hard to concentrate to watching the show while trying not to get pummelled by the crowd.  it felt like i was being beat up.  the show at the hard rock was cool.  you could stand relatively close to the stage without being mauled.  there was a very small area in the front center where guys were kind of slamming around, but aside from that it was all cool. 

Yea, I watched them drag at least 10-12 people over the rail and kick them out during the course of the show.  Not sure what the people were doing though, I think a few were just taking photos.  The crowd was definitely way more relaxed than Hammerstein.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 03:16:38 PM by Bandita » Logged
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2006, 03:15:33 PM »

/jarmo

I knew that would be the case... Cool that Merck addressed it!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »

oops i just saw Jarmo's post now peace but it's weird the security looks for it on a regular basis Undecided

give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2006, 03:18:54 PM »

In Nijmegen Axl had a mic with a red cap all the time, and he threw away a complete black (cheap) one, changed it in the last minute of PC like I said before.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »

/jarmo

.are Merck and Mysteron one of the same  peace
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »

because you can never have enough pittmans!
say it again when cd is released. Roll Eyes
and No.
he changed the mike in case someone should catch a cold from the spit.
reportedly, he was under the weather at the weekend. Not that he wouldn't change it if he wasn't.

dont be so defensive.
pittman doesnt need you to defend him.

it was a joke. get used to it. internet forums are a place that people go to to have fun.
I love pittman, but still I like pit(t)man jokes.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »

I'm not defending him.
that kinda joke is not my idea of fun.  it's very old to start with.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2006, 03:35:44 PM »

many people still find it amusing.
try making puttman jokes your self, and you'll learn to appreciate other people's jokes. thats how I started ok

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Steel_Angel
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2006, 03:38:16 PM »

i see a lot of axl mic's on ebay, maybe the punk ass security just wanna make cash  Tongue (seriously)

and pittmans the shit, he's teh reason why i prefer gnr more than VR or any other bands.//  rant
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »

many people still find it amusing.
try making puttman jokes your self, and you'll learn to appreciate other people's jokes. thats how I started ok

I really didn't get how funny Pitman was until I watched him both nights in Vegas. ?He spent most of the show sitting on the floor indian style which I found hysterical and on the 16th he was sort of dressed like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean.? He is a character for sure!!

On topic, I hope GNR/Management do something in the future about the actions of security guards in the shows and the mic incidents being that they are now fully aware of what went down at this show!

i see a lot of axl mic's on ebay, maybe the punk ass security just wanna make cash  Tongue (seriously)

and pittmans the shit, he's teh reason why i prefer gnr more than VR or any other bands.//  rant

Really?  Is there a current link for the Vegas one because I will report that for sure!
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2006, 03:42:36 PM »

/jarmo

great! He bothers to write about the microphone (the lamest thread in ages), but when we ask about Axl's shoe size or toilet paper he says "no comment". Tongue

I know that you are going to say, "you people bitch when there's no comment and now when you get a comment, you still bitch".
I want a comment, but not about the bloody microphone that some guy forgot to put in his pants!!!

it's like catching a golden fish, and she offers you a golden fish sandwitch. confused

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »

I remember a guy walking out with the mic in Vegas (dec 29, 2001)...I also remember an EBAY auction showing some fan selling the mic he caught from Axl.? If it was me it would be kept forever and passed down...def. not sold!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2006, 03:46:23 PM »

/jarmo

great! He bothers to write about the microphone (the lamest thread in ages), but when we ask about Axl's shoe size or toilet paper he says "no comment". Tongue

I know that you are going to say, "you people bitch when there's no comment and now when you get a comment, you still bitch".
I want a comment, but not about the bloody microphone that some guy forgot to put in his pants!!!

it's like catching a golden fish, and she offers you a golden fish sandwitch. confused

Unlike Axl's shoe size this was actually an incident and people were struck/kicked by this security guard. ?For one I am glad he took the time out to comment on this. ?I could care less what size Axl's shoes are or what he uses to wipe his behind.

You think fans getting accosted by security at a show is a lame topic but Axl's shoe size is worthy? I have to just shake my head over here.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2006, 03:48:33 PM »

I remember a guy walking out with the mic in Vegas (dec 29, 2001)...I also remember an EBAY auction showing some fan selling the mic he caught from Axl.? If it was me it would be kept forever and passed down...def. not sold!

well you might earn more if you sell it as a sex toy... or a dildo.

it even comes with Axl's DNA. some ladies would pay for that quite a bit

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: