Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan  (Read 23925 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »

I can see why the security would want to get the microphone back, it has to be exspensive, but then again a mic that cost that much shouldnt be thrown around.

Didn't someone say the other day, that Axl had switched to a different mic for Paradise City??  He's probably not throwing out the mic he uses for the whole show, if indeed he does switch at the end.  A live microphone costing 10,000 dollars??  His microphone is definitely expensive and it may be in the thousands and thousands of dollars, but who really knows??  Studio mic's on the other hand, can cost 10 times that.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2006, 01:38:28 PM »

I can see why the security would want to get the microphone back, it has to be exspensive, but then again a mic that cost that much shouldnt be thrown around.

Didn't someone say the other day, that Axl had switched to a different mic for Paradise City??? He's probably not throwing out the mic he uses for the whole show, if indeed he does switch at the end.? A live microphone costing 10,000 dollars??? His microphone is definitely expensive and it may be in the thousands and thousands of dollars, but who really knows??? Studio mic's on the other hand, can cost 10 times that.

a $100,000 hmmm does it sing by itself hihi i seriously doubt it costs that much peace

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2006, 01:43:22 PM »

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=17478&SourceType=RecentItems

Shure/U24D Beta 58 Wireless Microphone

$4500 with 2 mics and a reciever

peace

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2006, 01:46:42 PM »

peace

Well, just speculating but he DOES run off the stage during the end of PC while the confetti is running and it is possible that he changes mics during that time and just uses a cheap one at the very end because he really isn't singing any longer so there would be no need to have an expensive mic on the stage like that.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »

Don?t bother guessing, it sure must have been the security guy wanted the mic for him and abused his authority to get it. Most of the time they do what they please and maybe the band doesn?t even know the buch of brainless gorilas that work at the venues they play in.

This summer, when I got a vip to a backstage party the security guys didn?t want to let us in and they were letting in a buch of people right in front of our faces Angry and some of them didn?t even have a vip pass! So, here?s another example to show they behave the way they want.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2006, 01:58:12 PM »

Don?t bother guessing, it sure must have been the security guy wanted the mic for him and abused his authority to get it. Most of the time they do what they please and maybe the band doesn?t even know the buch of brainless gorilas that work at the venues they play in.

This summer, when I got a vip to a backstage party the security guys didn?t want to let us in and they were letting in a buch of people right in front of our faces Angry and some of them didn?t even have a vip pass! So, here?s another example to show they behave the way they want.

Of course they do they are on a power trip even though in reality they are big idiots who probably failed an actual police test.

They let in who they want, thinking it's gonna get them laid or whatever.
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

At the Nijmegen show me and a lot of other people actually saw Axl change his microphone (for a cheap one even a different color mic.) on stage in the last few minutes of PC before he threw it in the audience, doesn't matter btw, why give away an expensive mic?
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2006, 02:03:12 PM »

i like the original title of this thread better "axl rose- indian giver?"   hihi

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2006, 02:04:58 PM »

At the Nijmegen show me and a lot of other people actually saw Axl change his microphone (for a cheap one even a different color mic.) on stage in the last few minutes of PC before he threw it in the audience, doesn't matter btw, why give away an expensive mic?

Right, that's what I am saying. ?I just watched the ends of a few 2006 videos and you can see the sound guys milling onstage among the confetti blast so they are definitely changing the mic so he can toss it because it's the end of the show they would have no other reason to be up there. ?Unless you are right in the front you can't really see what's going on because you are getting pelted with confetti-

I believe he throws it for the fans as a memento.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »

..maybe there is a whole load of secret wizardry going on inside the offcial Axl microphone that cannot be see by those outside the GnR camp  smoking

..maybe it is simply down to hygiene issues and Axl really does not want to give away a microphone he as been breathing all over for 2 hours straight ?Grin

..maybe Mysteron is the man to anwser the question. He should be on around about now? Wink

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 02:07:38 PM by codenameninja » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2006, 02:14:08 PM »

I'd think the venue manager is the man/woman to anwser the question.

you have to be an idiot to work as a security guy, and that's who security companies hire.

come on, it's a bit off!
I myself have unpleasent experiences with them still I don't think every one of them are ass in person.
Their employers are responsible for their behavior.
fixintodie
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2006, 02:26:31 PM »

What a shitty way to treat people. Guns N' Roses need to sort their fucking security out. I'm sick of hearing about the way fans are treated at their shows - everyone knows it's a problem.

Are these security, or hired thugs? People don't come to your shows to be pushed around by a bunch of assholes, Axl.

Axl doesn't hire the venue's security.

/jarmo

no but they do what the band asks them to do

And you think the band wants the security to be rough towards their fans?

That's not the case. Go check out the clip of "You Could Be Mine" from Birmingham.

/jarmo

I never suggested that Axl hires a venue's security. However, I've worked plenty of venues and when a singer is playing at the venue, the security are working for the band as well as the arena/stadium/club. It is a Guns N' Roses concert and the experience a fan has at a venue is every bit as representative of Guns N' Roses as it is of the venue. The Birmingham clip reenforces this - that when Axl Rose plays a show, the security are working for him. He, or his management should be made aware of the way that fans are being treated, and maybe a closer eye can be kept on this.  peace
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »

OK, I started to tell this story on Monday.....anyways, I was going for the mic on Sunday too...I left the front to go back to the middle at the end of Paradise.....The mic went over my head, and I turned around, and I saw people diving for it. Then, I saw it on the ground, and I made my move.....I dove, My had was within 12 inches of it....then security started grabbing and kicking people....the FUCKING KICKED ME.....so yeah, I was so close, but yet so far away...

Oh, and as far as the Mic itself.....Axl changed to a different one right before Paradise, so maybe it's a cheaper one....

Axl is God.
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2006, 02:35:59 PM »

peace

Well, just speculating but he DOES run off the stage during the end of PC while the confetti is running and it is possible that he changes mics during that time and just uses a cheap one at the very end because he really isn't singing any longer so there would be no need to have an expensive mic on the stage like that.

He changed the mic before the song...it wasn't the one with the Red cover, this one was all black that he threw

Axl is God.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2006, 02:39:05 PM »

OK, I started to tell this story on Monday.....anyways, I was going for the mic on Sunday too...I left the front to go back to the middle at the end of Paradise.....The mic went over my head, and I turned around, and I saw people diving for it. Then, I saw it on the ground, and I made my move.....I dove, My had was within 12 inches of it....then security started grabbing and kicking people....the FUCKING KICKED ME.....so yeah, I was so close, but yet so far away...

Oh, and as far as the Mic itself.....Axl changed to a different one right before Paradise, so maybe it's a cheaper one....

And I can attest to this story because he told it to me right after the show.

I hope someone from GNR management reads this and gets this jerk fired even though he works for the Hard Rock.  I am sure they have that kind of pull!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »

peace

He changed the mic before the song...it wasn't the one with the Red cover, this one was all black that he threw

well the cover is just a cover...nothin to do with the mic itself... they are called windscreens..gets rid of some of the heavy breathing ya know from runnin around and shit

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUP58WS

maybe he just keeps throwing a mic until he loses it...like a game with himself hihi
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 02:43:22 PM by Neemo » Logged

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »

Point being if he changes it then it's meant to be lost/given to a fan.

Axl isn't going to care if he is singing into his own spit since he was doing it for 2 hrs previously so why else would he change the cover?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2006, 02:46:01 PM »

kicking people....the FUCKING KICKED ME.....

Kicking the audience at random? That's crazy!  Shocked
It was when the band wasn't on the stage watching it, as the song was the last one, no?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2006, 02:48:40 PM »

here's the answer!

Axl's afraid that someone might extract his DNA from the spit, so he's replacing it with the one Chris Pittman uses. because you can never have enough pittmans!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2006, 02:50:02 PM »

well the cover is just a cover...nothin to do with the mic itself... they are called windscreens..gets rid of some of the heavy breathing ya know from runnin around and shit

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUP58WS

maybe he just keeps throwing a mic until he loses it...like a game with himself hihi

No it was still different, cause the one he used for most of the show, also had a red band at the base and a little antenna...the one he used for paradise was completly black and had no antenna

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: