Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:12:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan  (Read 23984 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »

I don't see why security would even bother chasing down whichever fan grabbed the mic...once it hits the ground after being fucking launched like that it would be practically useless anyhow.
 Handheld wireless mics are built to withstand a relatively decent drop, but I challenge you to find ANY mic (professional grade or not) that would still function correctly after being hurled way up in the air and most likely crashing to the ground.

I would think the same thing. The only thing that makes me think that they may end up back w/ the band is the fact that you never see them eBay. You would think if it was just security guards getting them for themselves at least one of them would've turned up on eBay through the years.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2006, 12:00:37 PM »

or maybe some are using it as a way to get through school? Roll Eyes

and they are working at their job... their job calls for being 'rough' with little bitches who misbehave.?
any maybe they are just on a ego trip...

their job calls for being "rough" bla bla bla...
you are a dick!

They have no right to be rough on anyone untill that someone causes trouble,
and by trouble; indangering him self, other people, band, other security, venue property.
if they cant handle it, then they should fuck off.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
fixintodie
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »

What a shitty way to treat people. Guns N' Roses need to sort their fucking security out. I'm sick of hearing about the way fans are treated at their shows - everyone knows it's a problem.

Are these security, or hired thugs? People don't come to your shows to be pushed around by a bunch of assholes, Axl.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »

What a shitty way to treat people. Guns N' Roses need to sort their fucking security out. I'm sick of hearing about the way fans are treated at their shows - everyone knows it's a problem.

Are these security, or hired thugs? People don't come to your shows to be pushed around by a bunch of assholes, Axl.

lol. Axl's the biggest thug of them all when it comes to threating people. Remember st. Luis(sucks)?
Or Vancouver, or Philadelphia?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2006, 12:30:42 PM »

just stick it down your pants

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
fixintodie
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »

just stick it down your pants

Do you think they won't go there?  Shocked
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2006, 12:39:27 PM »

security doesnt work for the band they work for the venue. They probably just keep the thing. I would put it in my pocket if I ever caught it and refuse to give it up.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »

security doesnt work for the band they work for the venue. They probably just keep the thing. I would put it in my pocket if I ever caught it and refuse to give it up.

then why can Axl tell them to boot people "Are you listening to me mr security man? that guy...gone" Wink

i already posted before a reason not to put it in your pants...it's prolly drenched in axl's saliva...uhhh ewww hihi

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2006, 12:44:49 PM »

Axl doesn't hire the venue's security.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2006, 12:59:16 PM »

/jarmo

no but they do what the band asks them to do

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »

I can see why the security would want to get the microphone back, it has to be exspensive, but then again a mic that cost that much shouldnt be thrown around.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »

/jarmo

yeah! Axl only hires musicians hihi

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2006, 01:05:21 PM »

I can see why the security would want to get the microphone back, it has to be exspensive, but then again a mic that cost that much shouldnt be thrown around.

haha new microphone or a night of drinking...hmm what a choice. both are about $1000 for Axl

btw does anybody think Axl has a microphone endoresment? i recall seeing advertisements back in the day. anyway does the mic company give axl free ones? if so then there is no reason for him wanting it back peace

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2006, 01:09:34 PM »

The security at this show were a bunch of aholes.  They dragged countless people out over the front rail for nonsense.  I didn't see any fighting or anything worth dragging someone out besides the use of cameras which is what I assume they were thrown out for which is why I didn't bring mine in-I was right against the rail in front of their faces and I just would have lost it and got dragged over. 

Note to Hard Rock/GNR-Find out who that guy is and fire his ass.

If I see that mic end up on Ebay I am calling the Hard Rock because this is just a bunch of BS.  A bunch of people went for this mic, and one told me after the show that the security guard even struck him to keep him from getting it.  The crowd was pretty tame at this show and there was NO need for that~
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2006, 01:10:40 PM »

There are a lot of "places" to hide it, and if a security guy asked me to give it up I wouldn?t give it to him AND if he tried to take it himself I could sue him for abusing some "places".

Anyways, guys, if any of you gets the mic get the hell out of there and don?t stop running untill you?re back home hihi. And please...do not sell it on ebay, atleast I wouldn?t sell it.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2006, 01:14:32 PM »

/jarmo

And you think the band wants the security to be rough towards their fans?

That's not the case. Go check out the clip of "You Could Be Mine" from Birmingham.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2006, 01:19:33 PM »

/jarmo

That's not the case. Go check out the clip of "You Could Be Mine" from Birmingham.

/jarmo

This guy took it upon himself to act this way from what I was told from people going for the mic after the show and he was actually striking fans.? He is an employee of the Hard Rock, not GNR.?

We all know Axl hates authority so I seriously doubt he would condone what happened here.

Topic title should be changed to state Hard Rock Security not GNR-
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2006, 01:22:40 PM »

/jarmo

I'm sorry to say, but that's one in a million.
not all the problems with security goes on in front of the stage. but its impossible to get better security.
you have to be an idiot to work as a security guy, and that's who security companies hire.
you cant avoid it. you dont see rocket scientists working as security (except in russia).

and you cant expect Axl/Merck to read security guys resume?!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »

/jarmo

no i never said that...but if he wants his mic back then I'm sure he would just say "ok I'm gonna throw this fucker and i want you guys to go get it for me...understand...ok later" the actual way they go about it is jsut how they do things if the guard is a jackass then it's not axl's fault

but who knows really...it's just that there have been other reports of security guards wanting the mic back from the fan who caught it...the first post says nothing of the guards being threatening i doubt that many guards would be diehard fans abusing power to get a souveneir from the concert they worked at peace

for the record i wouldn't give it back if it was me peace they'd have to beat me up and then they'd get charged for assault after i go to the police station the next day
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 01:25:44 PM by Neemo » Logged

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

you have to be an idiot to work as a security guy, and that's who security companies hire.
you cant avoid it. you dont see rocket scientists working as security (except in russia).

and you cant expect Axl/Merck to read security guys resume?!

Gigantic idiots, literally in size and brains!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: