Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security(?) takes the microphone back from a fan  (Read 23989 times)
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2006, 08:41:35 AM »

This is security! And if you ever get one. Refuse to give it up! I sure as hell wouldn't! Take me to jail, I don't care!! Unless Axl or Merck came up to me and asked for it back, I wouldn't part with it for anything!!
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2006, 08:48:22 AM »

after the sunday night show, i was heading back to my room upstairs.? three guys were in the elevator with me.? i asked them if they went to the show and they said, "yeah, he caught axl's mike," pointing out one of the guys, but that a security guard tapped him on the shoulder and took the mike back as they were leaving the theater.? i said, "did you ask him why?"? and they replied that there was no reasoning with him.? i was like....i wonder why?? that just doesn't make sense to throw it out into the audience and then have someone go out and take it back.? and they said, "i guess he doesn't want to buy a new mike."? ?i said, "so axl looks like he's giving his mike to some lucky fan every night and no one knows the truth but the person who caught the mike.? ? i bet people are busting each others heads to get that mike- worse than bridesmaids gunning for the bouquet thrown at a wedding, and then to have a security guard take it back, it's terrible."? they were like, "yeah, he dove onto the ground to get that mike." sounds fucked up and like a total bummer.? has anyone else heard of such things? do you think axl has them do it? or did the security guard just take it upon himself to do that?

I'm not sure Axl throws his mic in the crowd for a lucky fan or to be Axl Rose? ?hihi

Also, I think that mic is $10,000, so I doubt it's managements intent to give a lucky fan a mic like that.

$10,000 for 1 mic. $1000 max i'd say, not that i know much about mic's? peace

the most expensive recording mikes are around $3,000. A live microphone would not go over $1,000, you're right

That's incorrect.  I have a top-spec Shure Beta 87 radio mic and that costs over ?1000 (around $1800 US). 

Oh, and if anyone wants it - I've only used in once in 4 years and want to sell it - so make me an offer!!! 
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:12 AM »

after the sunday night show, i was heading back to my room upstairs.? three guys were in the elevator with me.? i asked them if they went to the show and they said, "yeah, he caught axl's mike," pointing out one of the guys, but that a security guard tapped him on the shoulder and took the mike back as they were leaving the theater.? i said, "did you ask him why?"? and they replied that there was no reasoning with him.? i was like....i wonder why?? that just doesn't make sense to throw it out into the audience and then have someone go out and take it back.? and they said, "i guess he doesn't want to buy a new mike."? ?i said, "so axl looks like he's giving his mike to some lucky fan every night and no one knows the truth but the person who caught the mike.? ? i bet people are busting each others heads to get that mike- worse than bridesmaids gunning for the bouquet thrown at a wedding, and then to have a security guard take it back, it's terrible."? they were like, "yeah, he dove onto the ground to get that mike." sounds fucked up and like a total bummer.? has anyone else heard of such things? do you think axl has them do it? or did the security guard just take it upon himself to do that?

I'm not sure Axl throws his mic in the crowd for a lucky fan or to be Axl Rose? ?hihi

Also, I think that mic is $10,000, so I doubt it's managements intent to give a lucky fan a mic like that.

$10,000 for 1 mic. $1000 max i'd say, not that i know much about mic's? peace

the most expensive recording mikes are around $3,000. A live microphone would not go over $1,000, you're right

in 2001/2002 las vegas show I remember that there were some dificulties with the microphones during the show on 29th. (something to do with trouble in the tansport).
so I guess he doesnt have that many microphones that he uses for actual singing(or he would have had a backup at the 2001 show), but the one he throws is just some cheap souvenire thing.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 09:03:26 AM »

wow if i caught it I'd be shoving it up my shirt to hide it hihi

losthours
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 09:14:17 AM »

Axl uses a Shure U2/Beta87 Mic .. Those things go for about 850.00 at the most .. Now the recievers go for probably 2500 ...

Great microphones ...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 09:27:54 AM »

I was starting the think I was the only person who would do that!

Why wouldn't you just shove it up your shirt or hide it where someone's not gonna find it!

Either way, I'm sure Axl wouldn't throw it in the crowd unless he wanted to. To be honest, I'd do what Neemo said, but if I didn't I would demand that security and I go to the people in charge at the show and have them tell me to give the mic back. Otherwise I would just assume it's some asshole big ass security guy thinking he can just intimidate fans and take the mic.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2006, 09:36:14 AM »

I was starting the think I was the only person who would do that!

Why wouldn't you just shove it up your shirt or hide it where someone's not gonna find it!

Either way, I'm sure Axl wouldn't throw it in the crowd unless he wanted to. To be honest, I'd do what Neemo said, but if I didn't I would demand that security and I go to the people in charge at the show and have them tell me to give the mic back. Otherwise I would just assume it's some asshole big ass security guy thinking he can just intimidate fans and take the mic.

I was gonna say shove it down my pants but i don't really want something, covered in axl's spit, down my pants...i mean i like  the guy but a line needs to be drawn somewhere rofl but seriously stick it up your shirt and run into the crowd and out the door...i seriously doubt they are gonna chase ya through that

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 09:45:32 AM »

How the hell would security expect to catch a person with the microphone out of thousands of people? Sounds like the old needle in a haystack thing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 09:53:31 AM »

How the hell would security expect to catch a person with the microphone out of thousands of people? Sounds like the old needle in a haystack thing....

/jarmo

yeah i've thought about that too.. there must have been a bunch of security guards to find they guy that catches the mic.. some beeing on a location where they can see where it lands and then tell the guards on the floor about it with a walkie-talike or something and then they will find the lucky guy.. but that sounds like.. well i don't know what it sounds like.. but yeah
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »

What about a festival...

That's a big crowd!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 10:15:40 AM »

That sucks... Most security are assholes, so I wouldn't put this past them at all. rant

Yeah, they are such assholes because they have to put up with drunks fucks trying to jump onstage, sneak backstage, and when they save some one from being trampled they get no thanks for it.   Roll Eyes  I'd love to see you in their shoes for an entire show and see how you treat people there. 

I have many friends who are bouncers at BARS and they get frustrated with people.  Imagine a show with thousands of people. 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2006, 10:19:16 AM »

What about a festival...

That's a big crowd!

/jarmo

well that would be like finding a needle in a forest hihi
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »

I agree looks like some Seg.Guard on an ego trip.

?I aswell have noticed that Axl always switches his mic for Paradise City. 3 out of the 4 times I saw GNR live Axl threw the mic and all 3 times I was in the perfect position to see were it went. Twice a fan got it and once it went right into the soundboard area in the middle of the stadium that was in Munich, I have to say it was a wicked throw.

?One thing though, each time it "seemed" to me that Axl was aiming to throw it in that soundboard area, maybe somehow at that point in the tour it was some sort of game or a inside bet or something if he got it in there great, if not.... whatever. Did anyone else have the same impression? ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2006, 10:35:41 AM »

That sucks... Most security are assholes, so I wouldn't put this past them at all. rant

Yeah, they are such assholes because they have to put up with drunks fucks trying to jump onstage, sneak backstage, and when they save some one from being trampled they get no thanks for it.? ?Roll Eyes? I'd love to see you in their shoes for an entire show and see how you treat people there.?

I have many friends who are bouncers at BARS and they get frustrated with people.? Imagine a show with thousands of people.?

they should have done better at school.
fuck them. it's their job. work or get the fuck out of there. you are getting paid for it. be a professional. same goes for Axl.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2006, 10:37:14 AM »

Yeah, they are such assholes because they have to put up with drunks fucks trying to jump onstage, sneak backstage, and when they save some one from being trampled they get no thanks for it.? ?Roll Eyes? I'd love to see you in their shoes for an entire show and see how you treat people there.?

I have many friends who are bouncers at BARS and they get frustrated with people.? Imagine a show with thousands of people.?

they should have done better at school.
fuck them. it's their job. work or get the fuck out of there. you are getting paid for it. be a professional. same goes for Axl.

or maybe some are using it as a way to get through school  Roll Eyes

and they are working at their job... their job calls for being 'rough' with little bitches who misbehave. 
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 10:55:24 AM »

I believe on every ticket you buy it has a disclaimer on the back saying how they are not responsible for anything thrown in the crowd, wouldnt that waive their ownership of the mic once its in the crowd? probably not but im just throwing that out there for anyone who might have more knowledge on this than me.

And by the way security guards at concerts are the scum of the earth.  If something ever happens thats major they never can keep control, they only jump on the little shit just to be power trippin faggots.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2006, 11:15:36 AM »

Unlike other ones, the venue in question is small. just for a thousand and half people I guess it's not too hard for many security guys to find the one with a mike.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2006, 11:22:29 AM »

What about a festival...

That's a big crowd!

/jarmo

well that would be like finding a needle in a forest hihi

Which is why this makes me think those security guys are instructed to get it back.  It's such an impossible task, that I find it hard to believe they'd think it's necessary to find it, unless they're told to.

I know a couple of guys who worked concert security before, and I know that they really only were concerned about the bare minimum - protecting the band, and throwing out anyone who gets out of hand.  I asked one of them if they would get the mic back, and they said "hell no, I'm not goin' into that crowd." 
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2006, 11:37:14 AM »

I don't see why security would even bother chasing down whichever fan grabbed the mic...once it hits the ground after being fucking launched like that it would be practically useless anyhow.
 Handheld wireless mics are built to withstand a relatively decent drop, but I challenge you to find ANY mic (professional grade or not) that would still function correctly after being hurled way up in the air and most likely crashing to the ground.
anythinggoes
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2006, 11:48:25 AM »

has anyone ever been knocked out by the mic coming at them like had it full chat in the face
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: