Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Inevitable MSG/NYC Show(s)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Inevitable MSG/NYC Show(s)  (Read 5428 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2006, 04:49:30 AM »

That's such a decelerated thought and everything you keep saying has at least some idiocy or behind it.  Why does every GN'R show sell out there?? BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE GUNS N' ROSES FANS THAT ARE LIVE THERE OR LIVE NEARBY!! What is so hard for you to understand about that??
Congratulations on detecting idiocy, now switch frequency to "irony" in anticipation of the following:
I wasn't originally talking about "ALL OF THE GUNS N' ROSES FANS THAT ARE LIVE THERE," but the fans "that aren't live there" hyped over the concept of GNR in NYC (as opposed to any specific show there) since the warm-ups pre-europe. In particular, the echo chamber which transforms every bit of wishful thinking into ". . . in NY!" Example: "GNR need to announce a release date" becomes "GNR need to announce a release date. . . in NY!" Or "GNR need to play NYE" becoming "GNR need to play NYE. . . in NYC!" Because it seems that it frequently comes from fans outside of NY. I was just wondering, and questioning, why NY has suddenly become a faux-mecca for GNR fans on the back of four small shows.

You wouldn't bring up the typo I made unless you knew that you were wrong.  You obviously had no idea what idiocy meant either, which I'm sure you will now after you look it up.  You NEVER ONCE QUESTIONED "Why NY has suddenly become a faux-mecca for GNR fan on the back of four small shows?? (UNTIL NOW)"  By the way, stop acting like you don't make mistakes and don't think you're perfect BECAUSE  there should have been a question mark in that last sentence you typed. That was a QUESTION for your information and after a question is typed, a question mark, NOT A PERIOD, is typed afterwards. (Sorry, I had to make fun of you for trying to be a "smart ass" but forgetting the "smart" part of it).  You seem so jealous of NYC and so many things that you say are against GNR. WHY???  This is what you said before,  "NYC is an easy sell. Even wrestling can sell out MSG."  Yep, some huge Guns fan you are.  I'm done talking to you because I'm not going to let you ruin another thread with your stupid disagreements on so many discernible things.  NYC is defintely a MECCA for Guns N' Roses and that is a FACT!! "Faux-mecca" doesn't even make sense at all.  Basically you said that, "NYC is a FAKE or FALSE place that attracts GNR fans," right? Next time stop trying to be smarter than you are and leave the "FAUX" out of it and STOP digging yourself deeper and deeper into imbecility. Peace out my GOOD friend!!  LASTLY, WARNING TO ALL NEW YORKERS AND TO THE PEOPLE THAT MAY BE GOING TO THE NEXT NY GN'R SHOW, THE POPULARITY OF THE BAND THERE IS "FAKE"!! DON'T BELIEVE THE THOUSANDS OF FANS THAT MAY SHOW UP!! NYC IS A "FAUX-MECCA" FOR GN'R!! "EVEN WRESTLING CAN SELL OUT THERE!!"

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2006, 05:49:56 AM »

Dear lennonisgod,

As I've already tried to explain, I was making a light-hearted comment about the sudden surge in popularity of the very concept of GNR in NYC. Why it raised your ire so much, I don't know. I can, however, assure you that it was not meant as an attack on the honor of the city of New York or the fans of GNR residing in or around the five boroughs.

Thanks for taking the time out to read my earlier post explaining this to you and your gracious attempt to view my comments in the context intended, instead of just jumping down my throat with silly remarks about my intellect or my GNR fan credentials. That was nice, and it really helped to resolve the situation quickly and clearly.

Your brother in Christ,

Bono
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2006, 05:56:44 AM »

Why does everyone (or anyone) think that playing NYC is such a big deal?
Especially MSG. Wrestling shows fill MSG, it's not like it's a hard sell.

Don't down play wrestling's ability to sell out venues man. They can sell out anywhere as easily as the biggest bands in the world. they could play stadiums in North America, somthing I doubt Gn'R could do at this point. New York shows are always a big deal. everyone knows that. bands have always said that. big bands, little bands it doesn't matter all bands say playing New York is special. This from a small town Western Canada boy.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I went to MSG yesterday to buy some college bball tickets and I asked the guy at the ticket counter if GNR had finalized the date yet for MSG.  He said no they were still in talks with them and are trying to come up with a good date.  I asked if there is a tentative date or any kind of time frame as to when they might play and he said that there is really nothing right now and they are still talking with the band.  So, yes, it sounds as if they are going to play MSG.  Surprise surprise I know, but I figured I would give it a try and get more information out of him. 
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2006, 02:27:56 PM »

Good job, Everyone knows what kind of show it will be at MSG.  About it being able to sell only because its MSG.  Thats right, its New York fuckin City, the media capital of the world.  GNR in NYC =  beer $$$$. Thats what its all about, there is so much more hype and anticipation for an NYC show there anywhere else, even at the Nassua Coliseum, theres nothing like MSG/NYC

Thats not to say other shows anywhere else are not as good, all GNR shows are awesome wherever they play. But the hype and anticipation of it being in NYC is what makes the MSG show so special.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 02:29:28 PM by GnR-NOW » Logged

jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2006, 03:25:21 PM »

Im sorry to the mods if it doesnt belong, if it has to be moved thats fine.  But I wanted to vent alittle and I didnt want to do it in a thread that GNR is supposed to play at, thats meant to be positive.  But with all these dates being announced, and the timing of the shows, like just now Dec. 17 and 19, Nov 8th ... WHEN IS THEY NYC SHOW GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ?!  Wherever and Whenever GNR plays, its a big deal and deserves all the attention, but in NYC, its like the Super Bowl.  This show could be a huge event, bigger then Dec. 5, 2002 and bigger then the Hammerstein shows.  What a way to release CD right around the NYC show, or put it on sale that night at the show, then nationwide the next day...idk.  All in all its a very exciting time to be a GNR fan, I feel this is one if not the best GNR site, I have great appreciation for everyone who gives updates.  2006 !!
Dont cry please.

Kill Your Idols
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2006, 03:51:26 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I went to MSG yesterday to buy some college bball tickets and I asked the guy at the ticket counter if GNR had finalized the date yet for MSG.? He said no they were still in talks with them and are trying to come up with a good date.? I asked if there is a tentative date or any kind of time frame as to when they might play and he said that there is really nothing right now and they are still talking with the band.? So, yes, it sounds as if they are going to play MSG.? Surprise surprise I know, but I figured I would give it a try and get more information out of him.?

Thanks for trying at least we know it will happen! 

Please, please to the GNR gods above let it be NYE! peace
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2006, 03:53:51 PM »

Please, please to the GNR gods above let it be NYE! peace

In that case, please to the GNR gods above let it be a pre-sale for the hardcore fans.  hihi
anythinggoes
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 06:17:20 AM »

Just checked the Msg website and although GNR are not listed the 10th November is still free in the Arena so fingers crossed its happening then
sandman
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »

friday night in NY would be awesome!!

then play in philly on saturday the 11th!  ok

back to back nights just like in......aaah nevermind.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2006, 08:42:19 AM »

WHEN IS THEY NYC SHOW GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ?!? Wherever and Whenever GNR plays, its a big deal and deserves all the attention, but in NYC, its like the Super Bowl.
Why does everyone (or anyone) think that playing NYC is such a big deal?
Especially MSG. Wrestling shows fill MSG, it's not like it's a hard sell.

Axl always says he loves NYC and the NYC crowds. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a date there at all.
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2006, 08:47:09 AM »

Just to let everyone know, I went to MSG yesterday to buy some college bball tickets and I asked the guy at the ticket counter if GNR had finalized the date yet for MSG.? He said no they were still in talks with them and are trying to come up with a good date.? I asked if there is a tentative date or any kind of time frame as to when they might play and he said that there is really nothing right now and they are still talking with the band.? So, yes, it sounds as if they are going to play MSG.? Surprise surprise I know, but I figured I would give it a try and get more information out of him.?

That's awesome - thanks!!!!
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2006, 05:57:48 AM »

The wait is killing me. I check this site and ticketmaster many times a day and still nothing. Although with these Canadian shows, hope is rising. 2 steps away from Canada is NY so maybe something?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2006, 05:59:55 AM »

^ Have you checked the Nov.5+Nov.10 NYC Thread?  Undecided
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »

yeah, registered for the presale and all....this is gonna be friggin great!

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: