Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:28:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Inevitable MSG/NYC Show(s)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Inevitable MSG/NYC Show(s)  (Read 5469 times)
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 03:57:39 AM »

I have been told by a 'source' that the options being explored were those already posted for early November and also NYE for the Garden.  Oh, and yeah my source is usually pretty reliable - but I obviously can't divulge.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 04:26:34 AM »

I thought I told ya'll:

This will be happening very soon: I have a "source" 
MON NOV 6TH - CONT AIRLINES ARENA - NJ AND FRI NOV 10TH THE GARDEN 

On sale: Sept 30th.

Of course, as always with Guns, things are subject to change!

can u ask if they are ever coming to Arizona this year  ?  Grin
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 06:00:56 AM »

WHEN IS THEY NYC SHOW GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ?!  Wherever and Whenever GNR plays, its a big deal and deserves all the attention, but in NYC, its like the Super Bowl.
Why does everyone (or anyone) think that playing NYC is such a big deal?
Especially MSG. Wrestling shows fill MSG, it's not like it's a hard sell.

Hmmmm... this is a tough question.  Remember 2002, the show that sold out in 15 minutes, where was it?? It was in NYC. The Hammerstein shows sold out in 3 minutes this year.  NYC is a huge fanbase for this band, so that's why it's such a big deal.  If I didn't explain it well enough or give enough info for you, please let me know.
All true, but that just re-affirmes my point; NYC is an easy sell. It'll be a big show, probably a good one. What's the big deal? Is there just nothing else going on in New York these days?  Tongue
anythinggoes
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 06:11:41 AM »

WHEN IS THEY NYC SHOW GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ?!? Wherever and Whenever GNR plays, its a big deal and deserves all the attention, but in NYC, its like the Super Bowl.

Hmmmm... this is a tough question.? Remember 2002, the show that sold out in 15 minutes, where was it?? It was in NYC. The Hammerstein shows sold out in 3 minutes this year.? NYC is a huge fanbase for this band, so that's why it's such a big deal.? If I didn't explain it well enough or give enough info for you, please let me know.
All true, but that just re-affirmes my point; NYC is an easy sell. It'll be a big show, probably a good one. What's the big deal? Is there just nothing else going on in New York these days?? Tongue

Well the big deal for me is im coming from Uk to see the show and also to see the sights of New York and visit my long time friend in New Jersey so yeah its a fucking big deal for me.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 06:12:33 AM »

Yes, I've been wondering the same thing. Shows in Ohio? BAH! Bring on NYC!!! I'd love to see GNR do a show at Nassau Colliseum and MSG, I'd go to both. Hell, I live only like 15 minutes away from the Colliseum!

Not only can I not wait for the NYC shows to be announced, but I'm hoping maybe there will be a New Years Eve show at the Borgata in Atlantic City. I think that would be cool. I know they've done Vegas for NYE in the past, but be it that they just went to vegas, it'd be nice to ring in the new year with the east coast

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 06:24:28 AM »

I hate presales, becuase they prevent a guy like me from getting a good fucking ticket Undecided
And I want to know why they can't just announce the full fucking tour in one shot, instead of a date here and a date there. rant

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 08:03:10 AM »

And I want to know why they can't just announce the full fucking tour in one shot, instead of a date here and a date there. rant
I think it's because they're trying to book shows so late in the year. They're stuck with whichever dates are still available and try to work them into a schedule. That's my guess.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 09:03:17 AM »

I think it's because they're trying to book shows so late in the year. They're stuck with whichever dates are still available and try to work them into a schedule. That's my guess.

I think that is a valid point.  With basketball season (pro and college) starting up around some of the later dates venues are probably harder to book and since they seem to be literally booking this tour show by show they are grabbing what they can. 
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 09:07:58 AM »

WHEN IS THEY NYC SHOW GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ?!? Wherever and Whenever GNR plays, its a big deal and deserves all the attention, but in NYC, its like the Super Bowl.

Hmmmm... this is a tough question.? Remember 2002, the show that sold out in 15 minutes, where was it?? It was in NYC. The Hammerstein shows sold out in 3 minutes this year.? NYC is a huge fanbase for this band, so that's why it's such a big deal.? If I didn't explain it well enough or give enough info for you, please let me know.
All true, but that just re-affirmes my point; NYC is an easy sell. It'll be a big show, probably a good one. What's the big deal? Is there just nothing else going on in New York these days?? Tongue

I am assuming you have never seen a big event in NYC.  It won't be a tough sell, but it will be a tough ticket to get.  There is a ton of excitement and build up for shows in the city.  I think the big thing for any artist is that they are the center of attention for thousands of people in a city where its easy to be invisible.  Then afterwards the partying is ridiculous.
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 09:40:31 AM »

Yes, I've been wondering the same thing. Shows in Ohio? BAH! Bring on NYC!!! I'd love to see GNR do a show at Nassau Colliseum and MSG, I'd go to both. Hell, I live only like 15 minutes away from the Colliseum!

I'd love to see a show at the Colliseum! Are you on the island? I'm about 15-20 minutes away also...

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2006, 10:42:43 AM »

I was really upset to see the early November show dates, even though a November NY show would make a really good early bday present.  I am really crossing my fingers for NYE.  There is nowhere in the world I would rather be for New Year's Eve than with Axl & the boys!!!  If that does end up happening, I am asking anyone who has influence - PLEASE do a presale.  NYE at the Garden is a hot ticket no matter who it is.  I can not be in the 400s for that!   ok
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 11:49:21 AM »

I have been told by a 'source' that the options being explored were those already posted for early November and also NYE for the Garden.  Oh, and yeah my source is usually pretty reliable - but I obviously can't divulge.

if they do MSG for new years i might have to make a trip out there.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 01:58:24 PM »

WHEN IS THEY NYC SHOW GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ?!  Wherever and Whenever GNR plays, its a big deal and deserves all the attention, but in NYC, its like the Super Bowl.

Hmmmm... this is a tough question.  Remember 2002, the show that sold out in 15 minutes, where was it?? It was in NYC. The Hammerstein shows sold out in 3 minutes this year.  NYC is a huge fanbase for this band, so that's why it's such a big deal.  If I didn't explain it well enough or give enough info for you, please let me know.
All true, but that just re-affirmes my point; NYC is an easy sell. It'll be a big show, probably a good one. What's the big deal? Is there just nothing else going on in New York these days?  Tongue

Wow, you're starting to not make sense. Wouldn't MSG be an easy sell for GN'R because of the fanbase that they have there?? It's not like people that aren't fans just go to shows at MSG for the hell of it.  NYC doesn't sell out every show it has there, just because it's NYC. That's such a decelerated thought and everything you keep saying has at least some idiocy or behind it.  Why does every GN'R show sell out there?? BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE GUNS N' ROSES FANS THAT ARE LIVE THERE OR LIVE NEARBY!! What is so hard for you to understand about that??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 03:38:36 PM »

I was really upset to see the early November show dates, even though a November NY show would make a really good early bday present.? I am really crossing my fingers for NYE.? There is nowhere in the world I would rather be for New Year's Eve than with Axl & the boys!!!? If that does end up happening, I am asking anyone who has influence - PLEASE do a presale.? NYE at the Garden is a hot ticket no matter who it is.? I can not be in the 400s for that!? ?ok

This is what I am still hoping for!  GNR, floor tix, New Years, MSG, ahhh heaven!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 03:45:41 PM »

I think the fanbase here is big enough for 2+ shows.
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »

hmm I could see that happening- the CAA show going on sale alone next week, then after that sells out they announce a new years garden show? possible
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2006, 04:37:58 PM »

I am heading to MSG after work today to buy some basketball tickets... maybe I'll just ask about GNR playing there.  Can't hurt right?
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2006, 04:39:53 PM »

I am heading to MSG after work today to buy some basketball tickets... maybe I'll just ask about GNR playing there.  Can't hurt right?

Keep us posted.  Cool
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2006, 11:48:58 PM »

That's such a decelerated thought and everything you keep saying has at least some idiocy or behind it.  Why does every GN'R show sell out there?? BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE GUNS N' ROSES FANS THAT ARE LIVE THERE OR LIVE NEARBY!! What is so hard for you to understand about that??
Congratulations on detecting idiocy, now switch frequency to "irony" in anticipation of the following:
I wasn't originally talking about "ALL OF THE GUNS N' ROSES FANS THAT ARE LIVE THERE," but the fans "that aren't live there" hyped over the concept of GNR in NYC (as opposed to any specific show there) since the warm-ups pre-europe. In particular, the echo chamber which transforms every bit of wishful thinking into ". . . in NY!" Example: "GNR need to announce a release date" becomes "GNR need to announce a release date. . . in NY!" Or "GNR need to play NYE" becoming "GNR need to play NYE. . . in NYC!" Because it seems that it frequently comes from fans outside of NY. I was just wondering, and questioning, why NY has suddenly become a faux-mecca for GNR fans on the back of four small shows.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2006, 02:26:24 AM »

Not only can I not wait for the NYC shows to be announced, but I'm hoping maybe there will be a New Years Eve show at the Borgata in Atlantic City. I think that would be cool. I know they've done Vegas for NYE in the past, but be it that they just went to vegas, it'd be nice to ring in the new year with the east coast

Actually a friend of mine's band is in talks to play the Borgota on NYE.  Not confirmed yet but looking as if it is going that way.

I would LOVE for them to be anywhere around here on NYE though, if it's in the tri-state I will be there!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: