Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Do You Think That Will Happen Between OCT 5, and OCT 20 ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Do You Think That Will Happen Between OCT 5, and OCT 20 ?  (Read 6736 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 07:48:33 PM »

Well guys, if nothing happens, the album is not coming out this year. There's no way in hell they'd drop an album of this magnitude in December and, even if they did, it would be early December to anticipate the Christmas rush, AND most importantly if early December is the LATEST we're getting this thing, then an announcement would have to be made at least a month in advance, which puts us at early November. And that's the absolute latest they could go.

I cannot stand when people state their opinion as fact. It is your opinion that if nothing happens the album isn't coming out this year not fact.

It is fact that Axl said it is coming out this year.

Having said all of that, I still think there will be an announcement the week after the warm up gigs end. And that's my guess or opinion.

Russ, not for anything, but as much as I enjoy reading your posts, that really sounds very booker floyd-esque to me...This is a message board.? Is it truly necessary to point out that the post may possibly contain an opinion?? A disclaimer doesn't really seem required...That was an opinion.

When the opinion is posted as fact I feel it's necessary to remind the poster that it's just an opinion. I just feel like alot of people feel there are these "rules" for the record industry that they know so much about and so "if this doesn't happen by then, than nothings happening" and so on. It's like; is there some possible way that they could be doing things different then the norm? I mean, this is Guns N' Roses for crying out loud.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 08:00:12 PM »

I HOPE they film a video, announce the full tour, release a single and announce the release date of CD in that 15 days.  I THINK we'll hear nothing official though.  I'm just too jaded by the whole saga I guess.  I can't get myself to think positively about those 15 days because of all the missed opportunities in the past to promote themselves like the VMAs or the tour stops.   I FEAR that without official word by the October 20th start of the tour (which I will be at at!!) we won't have CD this year.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 08:01:57 PM »

I'm expecting a big announcement - album, the full tour intentions.. etc.  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 08:04:51 PM »

Why does Axl not want to answer CD question? On that backstage VMA interview, when the interviewer pops the big question, Axl looks away and is kind of annoyed by the question...

The bottom line is that he said it would be this year......there could be a ton of reasons he reacted like that....I didn't think it was a big deal though....he was cool about it... peace

everybody and their dog prolly asks him...after the 100000000th time i;d prolly be annoyed too hihi

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 08:08:32 PM »

Why does Axl not want to answer CD question? On that backstage VMA interview, when the interviewer pops the big question, Axl looks away and is kind of annoyed by the question...

The bottom line is that he said it would be this year......there could be a ton of reasons he reacted like that....I didn't think it was a big deal though....he was cool about it... peace

everybody and their dog prolly asks him...after the 100000000th time i;d prolly be annoyed too hihi

...or....what you said.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 08:09:15 PM »

One thing is happening for sure: threads such as "Axl's Underwear", "Axl's teeth", "Axl broke a fingernail", "What if CD is never released?" and my personal favourite "OMG, they so don't need 3 guitarists" will start to come up.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 08:10:28 PM »

That or the REALLY don't have a complete album, anyone think this is a real possiblity?  It has to be otherwise we would have seen the fucking thing years ago.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006, 08:16:22 PM »

That or the REALLY don't have a complete album, anyone think this is a real possiblity?? It has to be otherwise we would have seen the fucking thing years ago.

It's complete....remember, they are releasing THREE albums in the next few years...not just this one....but, I wanna see this one come out first like everyone else before I start a dicussion about 3...ummmm.... I.........did......already........yup

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2006, 08:22:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure we'll hear that Slash and Buckethead will be returning to the band!  Cheesy

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Bono
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

I predict fifteen days of silence.

me too. I really hope I'm wrong. I have this gut feeling that those 15 days will say alot when it comes to CD.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »

I have this gut feeling that those 15 days will say alot when it comes to CD.

Or.... say nothing at all  Cheesy

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bono
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 09:19:14 PM »

Well guys, if nothing happens, the album is not coming out this year. There's no way in hell they'd drop an album of this magnitude in December and, even if they did, it would be early December to anticipate the Christmas rush, AND most importantly if early December is the LATEST we're getting this thing, then an announcement would have to be made at least a month in advance, which puts us at early November. And that's the absolute latest they could go.

I cannot stand when people state their opinion as fact. It is your opinion that if nothing happens the album isn't coming out this year not fact.

Having said all of that, I still think there will be an announcement the week after the warm up gigs end. And that's my guess or opinion.

Russ, not for anything, but as much as I enjoy reading your posts, that really sounds very booker floyd-esque to me...This is a message board.? Is it truly necessary to point out that the post may possibly contain an opinion?? A disclaimer doesn't really seem required...That was an opinion.

Exactly. That pisses me ofo too because the people who think an announcement will be made never have to add "just my opinion" it's only those who think nothing is gonna happen who have to point out that it's an obvious opinion. Roll Eyes We all know people are posting opinins becasue nobody has any facts so get over it when soembody doesn't add the JMO phrase.
Bono
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2006, 09:24:13 PM »

It's complete....remember, they are releasing THREE albums in the next few years...not just this one....but, I wanna see this one come out first like everyone else before I start a dicussion about 3...ummmm.... I.........did......already........yup

There's nothing to support this idea at all. maybe it was a notion a few years ago, maybe Axl mentioned somthing about it but you can't take anything that comes out of this band at face value. It's all bullshit for the most part and it'll always just be a "wait and see" scenario. I find it extremely hard to belive that it's taking this damn long for one album and yet people are expecting 3 albums in the next 3 yeasr.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 09:49:02 PM »

Russ, not for anything, but as much as I enjoy reading your posts, that really sounds very booker floyd-esque to me...This is a message board.  Is it truly necessary to point out that the post may possibly contain an opinion?  A disclaimer doesn't really seem required...That was an opinion.

When the opinion is posted as fact I feel it's necessary to remind the poster that it's just an opinion. I just feel like alot of people feel there are these "rules" for the record industry that they know so much about and so "if this doesn't happen by then, than nothings happening" and so on. It's like; is there some possible way that they could be doing things different then the norm? I mean, this is Guns N' Roses for crying out loud.

I will say this, russ: If any band is going to go the unconventional route, it is certainly going to be GNR...I tend to agree with many on here who seem to feel that the promotion for this record will not consist of the normal 3-4 month hype...There very well could be some unique measures taken here.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2006, 09:53:10 PM »

That or the REALLY don't have a complete album, anyone think this is a real possiblity?  It has to be otherwise we would have seen the fucking thing years ago.

Don't forget: It was mentioned by Axl that, at one time, UYI was projected to be a 4 album boxed set.  In an environment where roadmaps are altered on an hourly basis, I can't take anything said over 4 years ago with any degree of seriousness.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2006, 10:01:52 PM »

ummmm The Miami Dolphins will still have ZERO wins.... hihi.....seriously, I am almost sure that the BIG news that we have all been waiting for will finally arrive.....A release date and a single for us to chew on.....it seems like that is what will be planned and it would be PERFECT timing on their part......and they know it..... peace

As well as the Tampa Bay Bucs hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 11:02:42 PM »

Russ, not for anything, but as much as I enjoy reading your posts, that really sounds very booker floyd-esque to me...This is a message board.  Is it truly necessary to point out that the post may possibly contain an opinion?  A disclaimer doesn't really seem required...That was an opinion.

Exactly. That pisses me ofo too because the people who think an announcement will be made never have to add "just my opinion" it's only those who think nothing is gonna happen who have to point out that it's an obvious opinion. Roll Eyes We all know people are posting opinins becasue nobody has any facts so get over it when soembody doesn't add the JMO phrase.

Re-read the original post. There is nothing about it that sounds even remotely like an opinion being stated.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bono
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2006, 12:31:18 AM »

Re-read the original post. There is nothing about it that sounds even remotely like an opinion being stated.

It's called comon sense . We all know that nobody knows any facts regarding the relase of CD. You'd hope that people on this board or any board would have the common sense to interpret it as an opinion. I did and I'm sure most others did as well.  This whole arguement is fucking lame because the same thing happens all the time. People post their opinions without the "this is what I think" tag because it's not needed. We're smart enough to know better. At least I'd like to think so.  When someone posts "Estranged is Guns N' Roses best song bar none" there's no need to post a reply saying somthing like "Oh really and that's a fact is it?" We know it's not a fact. It's an obvious opinion. HamsterDemocracy's post was an obvious opinion. There's no need to add the "That's my opinion" at the end. It's up to you to have the common sense to realies that and not feel the need to spout off about it and start a useless debate over somthing that's irrelevant to the original topic.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2006, 01:41:10 AM »

"Posted as fact"? Get off your high horse. People don't have to say IMHO before offering an opinion. It's a given they're offering their opinion just by writing. I guess you should go attack Roger Ebert now because he said A Clockwork Orange was a bad movie; I suppose that means it's a fact. I mean, he wrote it like a fact, right? So it must be true!  Roll Eyes

Furthermore I never said my opinion was a fact and you certainly didn't have to "remind" me otherwise.

Regarding my assumptions and speculation regarding the album's release - indeed Guns N' Roses are unorthodox on all accounts and are hardly the "norm" when it comes to anything, but Geffen is still going to be putting this monster out, and from a financial standpoint they would be committing suicide by releasing it in late December. They are going to be VERY aware of the Christmas rush and - ahem - "IMHO" this puts us at a mid-November release date.

Normally the most expensive album ever made might be given a lot of promotional hype before its release but I suppose a late October announcement would still give enough time for a mid-to-late November release. I really can't imagine this thing being released after that, though - not in this year, I mean. November is usually the best time for companies to unleash products because it gives people enough time to become aware of them and get them for Christmas presents. If you release something a week before Christmas a lot of people have already done all their Xmas shopping and this results in significant drop-off in sales.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 05:31:29 AM »

Tour dates could still be filled in. It's just a break as of this moment.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: