Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How long will VR last?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How long will VR last?  (Read 16975 times)
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 07:41:57 AM »

Sure VR will be back with their 2nd album, it just remains to be seen how good it will be. As for Slash, i think he is great, although there is a part of me that feels that while Slash is in VR we're not going to hear anything good from him. The 1st VR album did little if nothing for me.

I'd be interested to know why the style was different to his other records in VR. Like was he trying something new? Was it scott's influence? or Dave's ? Who knows. But i belive in Slash/Matt/Duff as a unit...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 09:54:29 AM »

That's a good question. Honestly I think the next album will be their last. Unless it's a phenomenal album. For that to happen Weiland & Slash both have to be great. Better than Contraband.? I just don't see it happening though. I find it strange it's taken this long for their second album.

I think they'll tour & be thru sometime in early 2008. I think Slash, Duff, & Matt might either get back with Gilby &/or Izzy (to play guitar and sing), or Slash will join another band/supergroup.

You have nothing to base this on.? VR have been an amazing success!!!? They've sold more albums than most bands could ever hope for... Your opinion seems to be based on nothing.? I'd like to see you elaborate on why you think these things?

You're absolutely right, it is based on not much, just my guess. The original quetion was "How long do you think VR will last?"  It's not asking based on scientific data..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:00:52 AM by pasnow » Logged
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »

That's a good question. Honestly I think the next album will be their last. Unless it's a phenomenal album. For that to happen Weiland & Slash both have to be great. Better than Contraband.? I just don't see it happening though. I find it strange it's taken this long for their second album.

I think they'll tour & be thru sometime in early 2008. I think Slash, Duff, & Matt might either get back with Gilby &/or Izzy (to play guitar and sing), or Slash will join another band/supergroup.

rofl dude, your saying that, your on a GnR forum for god sake! and if you followed VR you'd know that they only finished touring near the end of last year so really a year isnt much, compaired to 10 years is it?

hihi Yeah, that is pretty funny. Everythings relative though.. I suppose Green Day doesn't have a new album yet either, and AI came out not long after Contraband. So I suppose it's average period of time, I'm just anxious for something GnR related. Anything. beer
darkmonth
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 08:42:37 PM »

That's a good question. Honestly I think the next album will be their last. Unless it's a phenomenal album. For that to happen Weiland & Slash both have to be great. Better than Contraband.  I just don't see it happening though. I find it strange it's taken this long for their second album.

You have nothing to base this on.  VR have been an amazing success!!!  They've sold more albums than most bands could ever hope for... Your opinion seems to be based on nothing.  I'd like to see you elaborate on why you think these things?

You're absolutely right, it is based on not much, just my guess. The original quetion was "How long do you think VR will last?"  It's not asking based on scientific data..

True dude... but I'd like to know how you formed your opinions... thinking is usually based on ideas and thoughts that create final outcomes ....
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 07:06:11 AM »

Hopefully after this album and tour the length of the last one, they can get a third disc out.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 02:58:27 PM »

True dude... but I'd like to know how you formed your opinions... thinking is usually based on ideas and thoughts that create final outcomes ....

Just a hunch.. I'll admit I'm not a huge Weiland fan, but I think Contraband is a decent album. Just didn't set the music world on fire. I look at Audioslave, I think the first album was solid, second was a little the same, and now I haven't heard much from the 3rd album, but seems a little the same as well. Nothing revolutionary. Didn't someone say they're not even touring this time around??? I'd rather see 1 more Soundgarden record.

Anyway, IMHO, if the next album is awesome, then yeah, I feel they'll definitely put out a 3rd & possibly more. But if it ends up being so-so, then maybe they'll call a spade a spade and split. They had they're fun.

I don't see what's so questionable about this all, although it is only my guess so I don't take it as fact, but I mean realistically do you think they'll put out 4 or 5 albums?? That's like 10 years.. Maybe they will but I don't think they will.  Out of curiousity what do you think will happen to VR?
Bono
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 03:57:47 AM »

I personally think this wil be thier last album regardless of how well or how poorly it does. I don't know why, I just have a  feeling.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2006, 12:39:59 AM »

I think if VR wants to be really successful, and be a mainstay in rock music they need to atleast get a 3rd album out. You never know what can happen, Id like to see VR last as long as possible.

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »

I think in the past many GnR fans believed that Slash and possibly Duff would return to GnR. Over recent times i get the impression that this really won't be happening any time soon, and what with Scotts out burst towards Axl on the VR site, all this will add up to either destroy VR or make them stronger. With that in mind, VR need to either produce an album thats better than their 1st attempt or split and go their own ways.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »

Sure VR will be back with their 2nd album, it just remains to be seen how good it will be. As for Slash, i think he is great, although there is a part of me that feels that while Slash is in VR we're not going to hear anything good from him. The 1st VR album did little if nothing for me.

I'd be interested to know why the style was different to his other records in VR. Like was he trying something new? Was it scott's influence? or Dave's ? Who knows. But i belive in Slash/Matt/Duff as a unit...

When they played the stuff from the Izzy sessions; Scott didn't like any of it cause it sounded too much like GnR.....like that's a bad thing or something hihi
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 11:24:07 PM by Falcon » Logged
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 11:05:51 PM »

I also think VR has to make the next album better. What happens with Guns N' Roses might have some what to do with the path they take. If they kepp going on with a 3rd album or all go on their own ways. I don't see guns N' Roses or STP getting back togehter anytime soon. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 07:19:29 AM »

They'll fulfil their contract for 3 albums, then split.
Scott's next solo album is due at the beginning of next year, btw.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:22:23 AM by MrRedfield » Logged
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

I don't think this album will do that great. After all it's taken them this long because Rick Rubin didn't think the material they had was good enough so he told them to go back and work on it! Plus their album sold a lot on hype and publicity. I don't hear much aobut them now. Fall To Peices and Slither did pretty well on the charts but after the hype was over "Dirty Little Thing" and "Come On, Come In" didn't do so well. Here's the single positons:

Year Title Chart positions Album
                               U.S. Hot 100 U.S. Modern Rock U.S. Mainstream Rock UK Singles Chart

"Slither"                56              1                               1                         35 Contraband
 "Fall to Pieces"     67               2                               1                         32 Contraband
 "Dirty Little Thing" -                18                              8                          -   Contraband
"Come On, Come In" -              -                               14                         - Fantastic Four

Notice how the singles chart lower and lower since Slither?

I hate fanboys.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 09:53:12 PM »

I don't think this album will do that great. After all it's taken them this long because Rick Rubin didn't think the material they had was good enough so he told them to go back and work on it! Plus their album sold a lot on hype and publicity. I don't hear much aobut them now. Fall To Peices and Slither did pretty well on the charts but after the hype was over "Dirty Little Thing" and "Come On, Come In" didn't do so well. Here's the single positons:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?U.S. Hot 100 U.S. Modern Rock U.S. Mainstream Rock UK Singles Chart

"Slither"? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 56? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?35 Contraband
 "Fall to Pieces"? ? ?67? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?2? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?32 Contraband
 "Dirty Little Thing" -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 18? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 8? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? -? ?Contraband
"Come On, Come In" -? ? ? ? ? ? ? -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?14? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?- Fantastic Four

Yeah but who thought DLT, and COCI were better than Loving the Alien, Headspace, big machine, YGNR, etc.

Bad single selection if anything, not a bad product smoking
TheMole
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »

U.S. Hot 100 U.S. Modern Rock U.S. Mainstream Rock UK Singles Chart

"Slither"                56              1                               1                         35 Contraband
 "Fall to Pieces"     67               2                               1                         32 Contraband
 "Dirty Little Thing" -                18                              8                          -   Contraband
"Come On, Come In" -              -                               14                         - Fantastic Four

Yeah, that never ever happens with other records. And indeed, the more logical explanation could never be that further along the line more people bought the actual record and felt no need to buy the singles anymore.... nah, that would just be a stupid conclusion, I think I'll just go with yours...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 08:28:31 PM »

After all it's taken them this long because Rick Rubin didn't think the material they had was good enough so he told them to go back and work on it!

Where the hell did you get that?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 09:53:34 PM »

After all it's taken them this long because Rick Rubin didn't think the material they had was good enough so he told them to go back and work on it!

Where the hell did you get that?

Sorum told us that in a blog update.....  Not those exact words..
AtariLegend
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 05:05:32 PM »

VR will last until Duff tells Slash the drugs have got to stop
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 04:05:54 AM »

Slash doesn't do drugs anymore.
Origen
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 04:51:13 AM »

When people say things like this it just proves they don't know what they are taking about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: