Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:19:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How long will VR last?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How long will VR last?  (Read 16998 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: September 19, 2006, 01:45:36 PM »

How long do you think VR will last?

If the next album does well, i guess we'll see a 3rd album, if the album flops,do you think the band will split or go ahead and continue and make a 3rd album? peace

If VR were to split, i think Slash would continue to do slots on other artists albums and possibly even form a new band or bring back Slash's Snake-pit. As for the others, i have no idea? peace

Since Slash and Adler are friends, it would be good to see them back in a band together? beer

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:06:22 PM by codenameninja » Logged
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 02:22:47 PM »

That's a good question. Honestly I think the next album will be their last. Unless it's a phenomenal album. For that to happen Weiland & Slash both have to be great. Better than Contraband.? I just don't see it happening though. I find it strange it's taken this long for their second album.

I think they'll tour & be thru sometime in early 2008. I think Slash, Duff, & Matt might either get back with Gilby &/or Izzy (to play guitar and sing), or Slash will join another band/supergroup.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »

Slash back with Steven Adler? I don't really think so.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 02:43:20 PM »

That's a good question. Honestly I think the next album will be their last. Unless it's a phenomenal album. For that to happen Weiland & Slash both have to be great. Better than Contraband.? I just don't see it happening though. I find it strange it's taken this long for their second album.

I think they'll tour & be thru sometime in early 2008. I think Slash, Duff, & Matt might either get back with Gilby &/or Izzy (to play guitar and sing), or Slash will join another band/supergroup.

I don't think it will be a phenomenal album. I kind of get the impression that VR just get together and work on a few songs and hope for the best. Matt Sorum and his blogs give me that impression. I don't sense a band working hard on something great. I sense a band working on some new material that may or may not work out well. If if does work out well then great. Time will tell i guess? peace
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:45:46 PM »

i think the next album is the last one, they will tour and who knows....

maybe another shot at solo stuff

maybe a few guest touring with friends

maybe a call from axl )slash/duff/matt) hihi (someone had to say it)

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 04:16:14 PM »

i hope that duff, slash and matt sorum stays together to the death!

GREAT team!

IF VR is to die i would love a reunion of Neurotic Outsiders! maybe with slash on  guitar istead of duff and duff taking the bass!

LOVE the NO's!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »

Hmmm... I think they will release the 2nd album and tour a whole bunch, then take some time off.  Scott will probably go ahead and release his next solo album during the break and they will probably hook up awhile after that and work on a 3rd album.  That may be it, but who really knows?  I'm just hoping for the best from the band and enjoying it while they are together (although if it wasn't for all the recent GN'R news, the band's silence would be killing me).
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 05:04:06 PM »

People will always woory about them splitting up-a lot of groups go through this-look at Audioslave-they are not ever going to tour for this record

libertad
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 05:11:11 PM »

Who knows.... I assume STP will get back together someday and I am hoping Gn'R will too.... I think VR's album will be much better than Contrabnd but may not be as successful..  One never knows... I just want a new album and some more live shows....

Origen
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 05:16:15 PM »

In 10 years time I can see a GnR and STP reunion will have happened.

As for now, I think VR have at least a few more good years in them, and I have good hopes for Libertad.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »

there rich famous, they have worked and got what they need.

Why do they need to put effort into albums, they just want an excuse to play infront of decent crowds.

Your not gonna get an amazing album because they simply dont have the drive to do it.

html sucks
Origen
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 05:39:43 PM »

Why do they need to put effort into albums, they just want an excuse to play infront of decent crowds.

Your not gonna get an amazing album because they simply dont have the drive to do it.

So that means every artist/musician are useless at writing songs/album just because they've "made it", no way.

A example is Slash's solo in Street Child he did a few years ago, a beautiful solo. I'm sure he didn't get paid over alot of money to write it yet it's still one of his best solos.
darkmonth
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 06:05:29 PM »

That's a good question. Honestly I think the next album will be their last. Unless it's a phenomenal album. For that to happen Weiland & Slash both have to be great. Better than Contraband.  I just don't see it happening though. I find it strange it's taken this long for their second album.

You have nothing to base this on.  VR have been an amazing success!!!  They've sold more albums than most bands could ever hope for... Your opinion seems to be based on nothing.  I'd like to see you elaborate on why you think these things?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 06:21:49 PM »

So that means every artist/musician are useless at writing songs/album just because they've "made it", no way.

A example is Slash's solo in Street Child he did a few years ago, a beautiful solo. I'm sure he didn't get paid over alot of money to write it yet it's still one of his best solos.

no not at all.

it means the majority of them wont put as much effort into the albums.

hence usually alot of bands best albums are there earlier ones.

examples being.

oasis 1st 2 albums amazing, 3rd is ok, shoulder of giants varies...then after that....well.
metallica 80s albums are amazing, black album is alright. then they suck.

html sucks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 07:06:55 PM »

i've litened to the ongs on this site http://www.intothesupernova.com/ and supernova is pretty good, but after this tour, its most likely  over for 6 months. Same with VR, they'll release the album, tour, and then take a long break. Its hard to say really, depends on how good the album is, or if its a rehash of contraband.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »

rofl dude, your saying that, your on a GnR forum for god sake! and if you followed VR you'd know that they only finished touring near the end of last year so really a year isnt much, compaired to 10 years is it?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 11:20:05 PM »

rofl dude, your saying that, your on a GnR forum for god sake! and if you followed VR you'd know that they only finished touring near the end of last year so really a year isnt much, compaired to 10 years is it?

Exactly!

And from Matt has posted in his blogs, it seems as though they really wanna work on this t make something great, not just rush it out.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 04:07:00 AM »

Thats a good point. I see Slash as someone who just likes to add a little something to other artists tracks here and there, maybe thats all he is good for these days. Maybe the full blown motivation required to work on 30+ tracks to pick out 10 good tracks to make a great album simply isn't there at the moment? peace
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 04:36:59 AM »

wow...such negativity about Slash and VR!

Slash is a true master at what he does....i'm sure we won't have heard the last from him.

Hopefully VR will be back with another album. Theres not really any reason to expect they wont. They've always appeared very close in interviews etc. They're prob just taking a break after that massive tour.

In the event they did split up, well then maybe GNR and STP could reunite...lol...but i cant see that happening unless the new GNR folks also had some kind of split.....

Anyway...i have hopes for the next VR album. I mean we KNOW that slash/duff/matt are capiable of amazing stuff - we just need them to make it a little more gnr like and slightly less stp like (although i dug VR anyway)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 07:23:24 AM »

wow...such negativity about Slash and VR!

Slash is a true master at what he does....i'm sure we won't have heard the last from him.

Hopefully VR will be back with another album. Theres not really any reason to expect they wont. They've always appeared very close in interviews etc. They're prob just taking a break after that massive tour.

In the event they did split up, well then maybe GNR and STP could reunite...lol...but i cant see that happening unless the new GNR folks also had some kind of split.....

Anyway...i have hopes for the next VR album. I mean we KNOW that slash/duff/matt are capiable of amazing stuff - we just need them to make it a little more gnr like and slightly less stp like (although i dug VR anyway)

Sure VR will be back with their 2nd album, it just remains to be seen how good it will be. As for Slash, i think he is great, although there is a part of me that feels that while Slash is in VR we're not going to hear anything good from him. The 1st VR album did little if nothing for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: