Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:16:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  chinese democracy on LP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: chinese democracy on LP  (Read 18257 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2006, 01:20:31 PM »

kinda wrong section don't you think?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »

That Gemm place I found is great for used stuff, but not so much for new vinyl. Anyone have any ideas where to get new vinyl online?

Someone answered and recommended that I try a local "mom and pop" record store. That won't work because here in Detroit (thanks to shitholes like Best Buy) they're all closed.

Any help?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »

dude, do you even have a turntable?  i would think that anyone with a turntable would know where to find records.....

i have a very large vinyl collection (800+), and I go to record stores whenever I travel.  I've NEVER been to a city without at least a couple of good, indie record stores.  i'm positive you've got 'mom and pop' records stores in Detroit that are still open...  the city has a big music scene, and places like best buy really don't target the same market as these types of places.  plus, minneapolis (where i was born/raised) is very similar to detroit, and we have LOTS of large, 'famous' mom and pop record storescheck your phone book. 

Here, a quick google search for "detroit record stores" found this raview of record stores in detroit: http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=4875

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2006, 06:20:44 PM »

dude, do you even have a turntable?  i would think that anyone with a turntable would know where to find records.....

i have a very large vinyl collection (800+), and I go to record stores whenever I travel.  I've NEVER been to a city without at least a couple of good, indie record stores.  i'm positive you've got 'mom and pop' records stores in Detroit that are still open...  the city has a big music scene, and places like best buy really don't target the same market as these types of places.  plus, minneapolis (where i was born/raised) is very similar to detroit, and we have LOTS of large, 'famous' mom and pop record storescheck your phone book. 

Here, a quick google search for "detroit record stores" found this raview of record stores in detroit: http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=4875

Yes, I have a turntable. Not that size of album collection matters, but I've got about 250 or so LPs. Also, yes all of the Detroit stores with vinyl have closed and yes it was because of Best Buy and stores like that. The only stores in Detroit that stocked brand new, new releases on vinyl were the Harmony House chain which closed because of places like Best Buy.

What I asked for was a suggestion to buy new release vinyl on the internet, not a speech about what I can find where in a city I've lived in for over 30 years.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2006, 07:48:34 PM »

dude, waht are you talking about, i sent you a link talking about 34983275984375984375 stores in detroit that sell vinyl.  and in the pics, it appears that they have new vinyl.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:51:55 PM by nonlinear » Logged

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2006, 07:52:33 PM »

and if you want to buy vinyl on the internet, one place you can try is eBay.  amazon.com will also carry it.

ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2006, 09:26:14 PM »

Easy Street Records in Seattle has a really good online store, with GREAT prices, and cheap shipping. Plus, everything is new.

I think the address is www.buymusichere.net

Chinese Democracy will definitely come out on vinyl. Pretty much everything does. And I'll definitely buy a copy. And a CD. And a cassette if its made. I have all the other albums on the 3 formats, might as well continue the trend.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2006, 07:34:31 AM »

dude, waht are you talking about, i sent you a link talking about 34983275984375984375 stores in detroit that sell vinyl.  and in the pics, it appears that they have new vinyl.

Please stop replying to me. You obviously missed the point which was where can I buy NEW vinyl. There are no stores in the Detroit area that sell NEW vinyl except for 12" DJ remix wax.

Almost everything on eBay is used and Amazon sells almost no vinyl at all.

What I was looking for is a good place on the net to buy NEW RELEASE, BRAND NEW vinyl. You've missed the point like 3 seperate times now, so please stop replying.

If anyone else got the point and has some suggestions, please share.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »

Please stop replying to me. You obviously missed the point which was where can I buy NEW vinyl. There are no stores in the Detroit area that sell NEW vinyl except for 12" DJ remix wax.

What I was looking for is a good place on the net to buy NEW RELEASE, BRAND NEW vinyl. You've missed the point like 3 seperate times now, so please stop replying.

Try Ebay.  hihi

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2006, 11:28:47 AM »

Try Ebay.  hihi

Hahaha.... thanks!  ok

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »

Friend, there is no need to get testy, i'm just trying to help you... did I not suggest eBay in my third reply?

it seems like you have a problem with being wrong, and if you think for a second that hip hop/dance stores are the only ones that carry new vinyl, you are very wrong.  I can guarentee this, but i'm not about to start calling detroit area record stores just to prove my point.

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2006, 01:02:09 PM »

I have them all on vunyl except for Live Like A Suicide.  Record labels typically release 10,000 records and only for major names.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »

Do you guys think that there's any chance that cd will be avalible on LP?

That would be very cool, and from what I know most bands put out a limited edition of LP:s

Chinese Democracy will be available on vinyl
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2006, 01:51:46 PM »

That would be very cool, and from what I know most bands put out a limited edition of LP:s

YES!? beer ..but when?? Grin
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2006, 01:53:59 PM »

When it is released  Grin
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2006, 01:58:38 PM »

ok kool with that then.

the one an only horsey !
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2006, 01:59:25 PM »

When it is released? Grin

Fair enough. Have you seen the cover art work?  Smiley
anythinggoes
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »

you have just made my day that is fucking excellent news thanks
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2006, 02:23:21 PM »

you have just made my day that is fucking excellent news thanks

Second that beer Vinyls are back, finally. Now we just need the release date for CD..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2006, 02:38:40 PM »

All this talk of LP, i wonder if Gn'R have future proofed the raw material of CD. While compact disc uses a sample rate that is fairly low, future disc types, DVD, HI-Def and Blu-Ray could offer far higher playback rates.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: