Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Las Vegas - Sep 16 update thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Las Vegas - Sep 16 update thread  (Read 172728 times)
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2006, 03:55:28 AM »

Does anyone else think the band has got to be tired of these same setlists over and over?

yeah I now wot u mean!!!

however we sould be god damn happy that they r playing the god damn shows!!

ok

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2006, 03:55:34 AM »

yeah but if the hoarders get anything forget ?it all like all uk shit we know is out there hidden cause of people like that

Yeah, I have a feeling that the Appetite for Collection section is going to be crowded as hell for the next 6 months

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Karri
Opening Act

Iltaa.

« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2006, 03:56:12 AM »

Does anyone else think the band has got to be tired of these same setlists over and over?

Yea, same shit since 2001, well, almost. Bring on some new stuff for gods sake.

You just kind of keep meshing, messing it, mushing it around, throwing it against the wall, beating it with a baseball bat, whatever, until it finally turns into the done song. - Tommy Stinson
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2006, 03:56:19 AM »

Who knows ? Maybe they prefer training new songs that we haven't even heard yet that they keep for when CD is coming out. It could be a reason why they keep the same setlist.

But I think this setlist is a very good setlist for a GNR show, for people who like GNR but aren't hard core fans Wink

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2006, 03:57:19 AM »

I think Axl wants the band to get all these songs down to the "T" and be able to bust them out whenever. I am sure in October we'll get 4-5 new additions to the set, with 4-5 of these songs being dropped.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #445 on: September 17, 2006, 03:57:51 AM »

Probably, but I think they know in October Axl is going to revamp it. So these last 6-7 warm up shows will be easy for them to get through.

Wouldn't these "warm-ups" be the time to throw in a "civil war" or "dead horse" or ANYTHING from spaghetti , just to see how they go over, instead of the same songs they have played hundreds of times?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #446 on: September 17, 2006, 03:57:53 AM »

Who knows ? Maybe they prefer training new songs that we haven't even heard yet that they keep for when CD is coming out. It could be a reason why they keep the same setlist.

But I think this setlist is a very good setlist for a GNR show, for people who like GNR but aren't hard core fans Wink

It is pretty much the Rock AM Ring setlist. GnR are fairly predictable despite the claims that Axl keeps the band guessing.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #447 on: September 17, 2006, 03:58:07 AM »

Judas Priest do the exact same thing....drives me crazy!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #448 on: September 17, 2006, 03:58:25 AM »

Yeah,

This setlist satisfys 70% of the crowd, gives them all the classics with 5 tastes of new material.

The only people who complain about the setlist is the message board warriors.
EFISH
« Reply #449 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:10 AM »

PARADISE CITY ON NOW

« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 04:00:44 AM by EFISH » Logged
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #450 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:15 AM »

like axl said, i believe that there will be a few more songs thrown in very soon, for example, TWAT. also, songs we are hearing now will not by "alternative" songs, they will become the actual setlist. more specifically, i would bet that the 23rd will be the rist reall new guns show, with a shitload of new material(for non-fans, for us it will be what we have heard as well as one or two more songs.)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #451 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:19 AM »

Judas Priest do the exact same thing....drives me crazy!

As long as he plays Painkiller and Hellrider. ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #452 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:24 AM »

I think Axl wants the band to get all these songs down to the "T" and be able to bust them out whenever. I am sure in October we'll get 4-5 new additions to the set, with 4-5 of these songs being dropped.

I think we will get a single added at some point but I doubt very highly they will add new unreleased songs on top of the ones that we have heard already. It really appears that the band wants to keep the rest of the album under wraps until it is released.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #453 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:41 AM »

Wouldn't better for some of you to just enjoy a show rather than keep bitching about the setlist?

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #454 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:52 AM »

Probably, but I think they know in October Axl is going to revamp it. So these last 6-7 warm up shows will be easy for them to get through.

Wouldn't these "warm-ups" be the time to throw in a "civil war" or "dead horse" or ANYTHING from spaghetti , just to see how they go over, instead of the same songs they have played hundreds of times?

I'm willing to bet we'll never hear anything from TSI and I'm not complaining... The old band didn't even play much of it live

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #455 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:59 AM »

Yeah,

This setlist satisfys 70% of the crowd, gives them all the classics with 5 tastes of new material.

The only people who complain about the setlist is the message board warriors.

GNR should make an "online show" for people from message board. Playing all the song we'd like to hear Grin It'd rule !!

EFISH, thanks a lot for all the updates man, you rule !!!

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #456 on: September 17, 2006, 04:00:26 AM »

I think we will get a single added at some point but I doubt very highly they will add new unreleased songs on top of the ones that we have heard already. It really appears that the band wants to keep the rest of the album under wraps until it is released.

I can't blame them either, we might have heard 7 songs already.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #457 on: September 17, 2006, 04:00:42 AM »

LOL! What songs out of this set could they not have down by now? Again, this is not a complaint, but more of an observation.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #458 on: September 17, 2006, 04:01:09 AM »

Wouldn't better for some of you to just enjoy a show rather than keep bitching about the setlist?
no offense man, but i wanna hear the new band play their songs. i dont wann pay to hear 90% of the entire appetite album. if i want that, i will listen to some old bootlegs. thankg god that we may finally hear the new band soon
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #459 on: September 17, 2006, 04:01:21 AM »

Im not complaining about it, just discussing it.

In fact I stated that I believe the setlist satisfys at least 70% of the crowd.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: