Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:21:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Schools no longer letting kids wear Guns N' Roses t-shirts
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Schools no longer letting kids wear Guns N' Roses t-shirts  (Read 11435 times)
redlespaul
The Original Lunchbox?
Headliner

(not a redlespaul)

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 12:43:57 AM »

If school kicks me out for wearing it i can sue, hey its a persons name

Unfortunately, you really can't sue.  If clothing, dyed hair, extreme piercings, etc. cause a disruption to the learning environment (in the eyes of administrators at the school), they can make you change or, if you refuse, suspend you for being disruptive.  It all depends on the local standards in the community that your school is in.  If something like this is written into the school rules or policies, you really don't have anything legally you can do about it.

(As long as my taxes pay the school boards salary, then kids will wear what ever the hell they want). Freedom of Choice all the way!!!

Your school board actually gets paid for the position?  Wow!  In most towns in my area of the state, it's a volunteered, yet elected, position.  If a policy against certain clothing is in place in your district, and  if you want kids in your district to get to wear whatever, about the only way around it is to get elected to the board, or go to meetings and speak out against it and try to sway opinion.

I'm not saying these policies are fair, but they are usually in place because someone has pushed the limit before (like, for example, an elementary school kid wearing a shirt that says "Fuck" all over it).

red
les
paul
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 12:57:35 AM »

some americans are idiots. nobody gives a fuck here in so-called eastern europe hihi

JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 01:40:55 AM »

O well, this kind of publicity makes Guns popular amongst the youngsters, hehe....   It's what's not allowed that attracts the most  beer

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 01:41:26 AM »

That's fine, nobody said you had to care in Eastern Europe. ?And I'm not saying I completely agree with kids not being able to wear Guns N' Roses shirts, but if people that are elected vote and say these shirts are distracting or suggest violence, then you have to take it for what it is and deal with it. ?It's not that big of a deal. ?You don't have to call us idiots because you disagree. ?Thank you.
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 01:47:43 AM »

It's a pretty sad sign of the times when kids can't wear T-shirts of their favorite bands... Yet, I can understand why some shirts cause controversy.  I don't think wearing a shirt that has the word "Guns" on it will promote a kid to go out and get a gun, but maybe that kind of shirt doesn't have a place in a school.  I've got mixed feelings about the whole issue...

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 02:00:32 AM »

if someone said something about my bad apples shirt i would shit kick them right there and then...

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 03:37:08 AM »

American Democracy....starts now Grin

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Burton
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 04:01:37 AM »

Only in America...Hypocrites  Sad
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 04:01:48 AM »

we had a uniform at out school.
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 04:03:10 AM »

It's a pretty sad sign of the times when kids can't wear T-shirts of their favorite bands... Yet, I can understand why some shirts cause controversy. I don't think wearing a shirt that has the word "Guns" on it will promote a kid to go out and get a gun, but maybe that kind of shirt doesn't have a place in a school. I've got mixed feelings about the whole issue...

What's even more fucked up is the fact that the word "guns" in GNR originates from a last name, not from a fire arm. I'd accept the no pictures of guns policy, but just as text in a band's name....  I mean, c'mon, what if the GNR logo never depicted a revolver? What if you wore a Tracii Guns t-shirt?

American Democracy....starts now Grin

Grin
anythinggoes
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 04:12:40 AM »

i had my GNR tshirt on last week in school and i got kicked out.there again,im 26 and shouldnt be hangin around schools (so my restraining order says)? rofl

Ha ha great i loved that one

shit when i was at school it was uniforms White shirt Black Trousers and i tie which everyone the wrong way round so the thin part was front facing and the kipper tucked in the shirt.

How cool to go school in Gnr tops
Bono
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 04:34:22 AM »

Good. Now let's follow that up with banning all Anthrax t-shirts. rofl
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 04:48:25 AM »

i had my GNR tshirt on last week in school and i got kicked out.there again,im 26 and shouldnt be hangin around schools (so my restraining order says)? rofl

that one was hillarius  hihi

USA is a strange place to be anyway - you can drive a car at your 16, but you cant drink till your 21.... you cant wear a GnR t-shirt cause it has guns on it , but you can buy a gun in every other street corner....

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Death Cube K
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 05:23:39 AM »

Maybe actually take the problem by it's roots and start looking into why the hell USA are so obsessed with selling guns on street corners instead of denying kids the right to show appreciation of the band that they love.

Oh wait..it's not guns that kill it's people..my bad.  Roll Eyes
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »

i have heard this and thou I think its total bullshit. It isn't going to go away. My sugestion to the band  is. Print up tee's that say GNR and have no guns. there is nothing they can do with that!! Fight the system!
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 06:25:21 AM »

oh dear......... Roll Eyes

What kind of country is that.

As if a bands t-shirt has something to do with massmurder.....
Honestly, the US -goverment is very succesful in what they are doing (meaning to fool the people and sell them "their" truth...)

Get rid of that motherfucker George Bush, re-think what you are doing globally and concentrate on what is happening inside your country a little more often. Maybe you would see the developement. = That would be an advice to the politics in the US.

ah yeah.. and before somebody tells me me to shut up because the US is so great and the savior of the world blah blah...  i can tell you something. I have been to the US many times in the past. I love the country and the people i met were great and full of warmth B U T what the politics are doing is  (sometimes) dangerous to the world and especially to the american people.

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 06:39:54 AM »

I wear a velvet revolver shirt to school, i saw this one  teacher looking at me suspiciously, i lahged to myself and walked on by, she probably thought it was a sexual metaphor.

It is a sexual metaphor.   Wink Cool peace
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

Well this sucks. Altough I don't have to change my clothening as I live in Finland.. and in my school you can wear anything you want without anyone saying anything about it. Or you don't have to wear anything at all hihi

Next week every US citizen with a tattoo including A GUN(!!!) has to cover it up, or make a new tattoo over the GUN(!!!) tattoo.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »

fuck that fascist bullshit!!  the kids should sue the school.  that kind of bullshit is vilolating their freedom of speech.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 07:07:18 AM »

the US sounds more pathetic by the day. what they should do is ban owning guns, theres really no need for it  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: