Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Moby Influences?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moby Influences?  (Read 3000 times)
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 14, 2006, 02:33:08 PM »

After listening to alot of the Gnr leaks over the last few months , and this week listening to Moby's Play album .. alot of the beats sound simular to someof the songs like twat... CIAR  , etc ... did axl work with moby fora little while ?

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Origen
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:35:46 PM »

Moby was involved with the album at one point.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »

I didn't think Moby was ever involved with CD. I thought he was contacted at one point and possibly met Axl, although Moby decided he was too busy with other projects to get involved with CD.
Origen
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

I didn't think Moby was ever involved with CD. I thought he was contacted at one point and possibly met Axl, although Moby decided he was too busy with other projects to get involved with CD.

I thought he came in for a few months in the late 90s to help produce the album. I'm not a big Moby fan so you might be right I just thought he was.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 02:49:52 PM »

I thought he came in for a few months in the late 90s to help produce the album. I'm not a big Moby fan so you might be right I just thought he was.

Your are correct sir. At one point, Moby told Axl that the album was ready for the public. Moby was later fired.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 02:50:38 PM »

Your are correct sir. At one point, Moby told Axl that the album was ready for the public. Moby was later fired.

Thats pretty much the case for everyone thats ever worked on the album.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 02:54:10 PM »

Is it true that when Moby was fired Axl told him "nobody listens to techno"?lol  rofl

Raven
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 02:54:32 PM »

god i hate moby...he fucking blows

KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »

Moby influence? No. Not living 10 years waiting for a new W.A.S.P album and saying 'music is no good these days'? Yes.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 03:47:01 PM »

moby was involved.
he worked in the studio for a while.
google for interviews.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 04:03:42 PM »

he did a try out and hang with the band for like 3 weeks..
but he didnt produce or write or anything..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 04:08:54 PM »

Wasn't Moby brought in to help Axl with ideas on how to introduce GNR fans to the new millenium? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:10:34 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 04:40:17 PM »

i have to admit, i do own 2 Moby albums, Play and 18, both are really quite good  Smiley
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »

im sure he did produce at one point, not 100%

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »

my recollection is that Axl played a bunch of samples and fragments to Moby, and Moby later commented about how GnR was doing the best samples he had heard in a while, etc.. (to the point at which Axl,much later in time, said something like "thanks, but shut up already about it.")  Moby's main comment seems to be that he recommended the band write and complete songs, since it didn't seem like there was much that was completed at that point in time (which I think was in the 1997-98 time frame).
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 05:05:55 PM »

go browse HTGTH archive!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »

Yeah, I hear the Moby influences too.  I don't know what you call it, ambient or something?  I'm not good with subgenres, but I do hear that light electronic vibe.

Moby is a phenomenal live act, best show I've ever been to
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 05:16:12 PM »

He was in the studio, briefly. Never producer. Guns were only playing with ideas at that moment and I believe he said something about no vocals being done and attempting to encourage Axl to sing. This is a small footnote in the page of minor footnotes, and I'm sure, had no lasting effect on 'the sound'. Yes there are hip-hop, dance beats and synth on Moby records... but he hardly pioneered a revolution in that respect. I'm sure Axl and the band were listening to and being influenced by lots of things that would disgust many of you a long time before chrome dome entered the fold! As were most people. Life after 80's metal? Shockingly... yes. The very old Rolling Stone description of Chinese Democracy sounding like Physical Graffiti mixed by Beck is a good one. A classic rock sound created with a love of everything that has happened since. Fantastic. An opportunity for Guns to be special again instead of slipping into a repetitive cycle of aging clich?'s.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 06:00:41 AM »

can't really see the conection between moby and new gnr, but anyway don't think he got much of an influence on cd.
badapple81
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 06:07:19 AM »

Some of you need to do some research before posting what you think happened with Moby and Axl.

Moby is a very talented musician and as he worked with Axl for a short time, it is possible that one or two beats could have been sourced from his work with the band. Although I think the band may have headed away from the direction they were originally going with.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: