Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:35:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Nintendo Wii Console
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Console  (Read 12345 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 10:44:36 AM »

I was fortunate enough to get my name down on the launch day reserve liost for both the Wii and PS3 at GameStop.  I will be a happy camper indeed. smoking

Gamestop is Evil.  Trust me, I used to work (oh so long ago) in management at EB's.  Both those companies (well, now ONE company) are Evil incarnate.  Not that BB and CC are any better, I'm sure...but my exposure to those companies has been ONLY as a customer and not as inside....so while I can vouch for the pure evil that is/was Gamestop/EB's from the "inside", I can't do the same for CC and BB.  Thus, I tend to actually BUY things from CC and BB.....easier to delude myself that I might not be contributing to the downfall of mankind I guess.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 11:27:28 AM »

I worked at GameStop (well Babbage's before that) for 6 years while I was in High School and College.  I know the company all too well.
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 07:05:55 PM »

I worked at GameStop (well Babbage's before that) for 6 years while I was in High School and College.? I know the company all too well.

idont like the service they have at my gamestop. I asked the guy at the couunter if he had a GBA game i wanted and he just said " never heard of it " AND DIDENT EVEN LOOK!
then another time, i bought area51 and counter strike there and the guys all like These games have blood and gore you should play these! prick.  dont sell your games there they'll buy em for like 2 bucks!

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 07:18:44 PM »

I think the name is really stupid and the controller looks too much like a remote control. But i have always liked nintendo the zelda games alone make them worth it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 09:59:17 AM »

I think the name is really stupid and the controller looks too much like a remote control. But i have always liked nintendo the zelda games alone make them worth it.

Yeah, we were having a conversation the other night (my wife and I) and this phrase left my mouth:

"Jesus, I can't wait to play with my wii"

and the moment I said it I realized, once again, just how awful the name is.

Together again,
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

I worked at GameStop (well Babbage's before that) for 6 years while I was in High School and College.? I know the company all too well.

idont like the service they have at my gamestop. I asked the guy at the couunter if he had a GBA game i wanted and he just said " never heard of it " AND DIDENT EVEN LOOK!
then another time, i bought area51 and counter strike there and the guys all like These games have blood and gore you should play these! prick.? dont sell your games there they'll buy em for like 2 bucks!

When you trade in 4 year old games or last years sports title what do you expect?  if you don't want the game anymore, what makes you think others will be quick to snatch it up.  If you could sell it for more than what EB/GS offers you would right?  The point of EB/GS is that they always take your game, no matter if people want it or not.  Supply and demand my friend.  They're not doing you a favor or being your friend buying your used games.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 10:31:52 AM »

When you trade in 4 year old games or last years sports title what do you expect?? if you don't want the game anymore, what makes you think others will be quick to snatch it up.? If you could sell it for more than what EB/GS offers you would right?? The point of EB/GS is that they always take your game, no matter if people want it or not.? Supply and demand my friend.? They're not doing you a favor or being your friend buying your used games.

Yeah, you gotta admit though...markup was (and still is) insane.  Take into account the fact they're not paying developer fees/cuts on those games, and their profit margin on used games bordered on the criminal (figurtively, not literally).  I mean, hey..people do it and it sure makes them more profitable so you can't fault them for it, but....yee gods I'd never trade in a game there unless they were running one of their "trade x# of games get one free" deals. 

I know our local FYE pays more for used games, and actually charges less than anyone (including Walmart) on most new releases.  Of course, they're literally in the same plaza as the local EB's, so...that may have something to do with it.

Gamestop and EB have pushed used games to drive up their margins, to be sure, but have ticked off some of their regulars in the way they've handled things.  It was one of the things that pushed me out the door.  That and the turn to VERY aggressive sales tactics and pushing of those stinking game warrenties.  The system warrenties I could understand, to some extent (but even then I'd only push 'em on systems we knew needed 'em like the Gameboys and original playstations)....but even the agressiveness we were told to use with those wasn't my cup of tea.  And the way they pushed us (management) to make "quotas", the selling of shelf space to sub par products......

And don't even get me started on how, in the early days, we were "encouraged" to repackage "mint" used games as new and sell them.

Evil, evil, evil, evil....Smiley

Together again,
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »

Ive actually just did some research and i am impressed witht he console... one of my biggest pros on the thing is its ompatibility with other games from the cube ect... the controller does have me worried but i think it will work out... but im not sure on the price does anyon know at least a estimate of what it will be priced? AND  when its coming out in the states ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »

250$.  November 19th.  Good luck getting one on launch, they're gonna be hard to come by, but at least feasible.  Anyone wanting a PS3 who isn't on a launch day reserve list won't be getting one before xmas.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 05:40:15 PM »

250$.? November 19th.? Good luck getting one on launch, they're gonna be hard to come by, but at least feasible.? Anyone wanting a PS3 who isn't on a launch day reserve list won't be getting one before xmas.

I'm happy with my Xbox 360, but I have to admit, the Wii has got me curious...I'm anxious to hear what people say once they hit the shelves...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 05:09:21 AM »

sony sony sony ....

http://lik-sang.com/

assholes.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 07:31:07 AM »

Yeah, we were having a conversation the other night (my wife and I) and this phrase left my mouth:

"Jesus, I can't wait to play with my wii"

and the moment I said it I realized, once again, just how awful the name is.

Haha thats classic. Glad they didn't name it twice.. can you imagine Wii Wii?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 07:45:18 AM »

250$.? November 19th.? Good luck getting one on launch, they're gonna be hard to come by, but at least feasible.? Anyone wanting a PS3 who isn't on a launch day reserve list won't be getting one before xmas.

The rumor is that Best Buys (and I'll confirm this weekend) will be getting anywhere from 40 to 80 consoles at each store for launch.? If you get there VERY early, or camp out, you'll probably be able to get one on launch day.  But Randall is right...I wouldn't expect to walk into a store at noon on launch day and be able to grab one.? In addition to that, it looks like there will be a steady, and relativley abundant (compared to PS3's or Xbox360's last year) supply going out between launch and January 1.

Together again,
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 06:58:38 PM »

I plan on getting a Wii on launch day at midnight. I think it will be a very fun console to add to my collection. I have a 360 and love it, November is gonna be a bitch on the wallet.  I cant justify spending an arm and leg for the PS3 when the 360 is by far the better system right now. The 360 will offer something different and fun and enjoyable games. I have always had a Nintendo for the fun-factor.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

Christ, guys. Check this out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAhR1N5oJNA&eurl=

... Bwaaaaaahahahahaha.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2006, 06:42:35 PM »

Christ, guys. Check this out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAhR1N5oJNA&eurl=

... Bwaaaaaahahahahaha.

Is that pilferk they are interviewing ?  hihi
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:49:49 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2006, 08:02:44 AM »

Well, I can't say for sure since I can't get to youtube at work (damn blocking software!!), but I doubt it.

Which vid is it?  The one from the guy who shattered his TV?

Together again,
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 10:03:13 AM »

No man, it's this uber geek waiting in line for the Wii. Heeeeeeeeell no is he getting a PS3 on launch, he's been up for five days because he couldn't sleep and he plays Halo 2...

... Which he RULES at!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:44 AM »

that dude was funny.  Not sure who is more dorky hard core gamers or super nerd GNR fans  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 10:35:24 AM »

No man, it's this uber geek waiting in line for the Wii. Heeeeeeeeell no is he getting a PS3 on launch, he's been up for five days because he couldn't sleep and he plays Halo 2...

... Which he RULES at!

Well, to my knowledge no one filmed, or interviewed, me during my 20 hour wait in line for the Wii on launch day.

And I wasn't even first in line....the guy who was first WAS interviewed.  Which is sorta funny, actually, as he'd ditched work that day to go wait in line.  His boss was quite interested and called his cell around 11:20 PM (about 10 min after the story aired on the 11 PM news).......

Surprisingly, he didn't get fired...but he did have to work on the next day.......

Together again,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: