Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:01:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hoobastank and Phantom Planet are opening
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hoobastank and Phantom Planet are opening  (Read 11584 times)
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 12:34:42 AM »

The drummer for Phantom Planet was the star of the movie Rushmore

I don't think he is in the band anymore but the singer was the bully in Donnie Darko.
Cabe
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 01:51:09 AM »

It would be awesome if GNR had different opening acts at random concerts.  Kind of like what the Rolling Stones did on their last tour.  Sure some groups would open up several times but never for the whole tour.  Hoobastank and Phantom Planet are cool for a couple of shows but then change it up.  There are shitloads of bands that need to get the exposure that opening up for the almighty GNR would bring them.  Depending on the location Axl needs to look at the bands that are very popular there and put them onstage.  I'm from Arkansas and when I went to the Stones show earlier this year, their opener was Merle Haggard.  I actually watched some idiots leave after he left.  I payed $75+ for my seating (way up in the stands), and even though the tickets were expensive some people payed the high price just to see the opener for the Stones.  Personally I'd love to see Buckcherry open for GNR, but since that looks to be an impossibility I'd be happy if they used any and every group possible to help boost their ticket sales (not that I think they need help) in hopes of making this US tour as monumental as it should be, considering it will be their first complete US tour in over a decade (hopefully), and it will help sell CD, bringing in all sorts of new fans.  But I could care less if William Hung opens for you Axl, I'm just happy you're back!!!  It's a great time to be a Guns n' Roses fan!

Old at heart but I'm only 28
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 03:51:16 AM »

Phantom Planet ??..Hoobastank...i see GNR is joining the " OC - Generation "..Damn....I thank god they didn?t open when i saw e?m this summer

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 04:37:45 AM »

It's good.

I prefer that over A7X and BFMV because they were too "metal" for GN'R and they didn't fit with GN'R. They were way too extreme and hardcore.
I don't know Phantom Planet but Hoobastank are quite good, they even did a cover of "Civil War" and they like GN'R very much Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 08:53:58 AM »

....I'm not a perfect person.... ha ha ha- gay song that symbolizes everything that is wrong with this era in Rock. Hoobastank sucks.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 08:57:19 AM »

As said before hoobastank can be no worse then the shit known as bullet for my valentine.  I have never heard a thing from Phantom Planet, I guess I'll try to listen to them when I am working today  ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 10:16:58 AM »

didn't hoobastank open for vr?

Sure did! As a matter of fact, the first single of their newest album was written about Scott Weiland and how much Hoobastanks lead singer hated him.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 10:27:43 AM »

any inspiration is good inspiration for a song beer
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:11 AM »

Phantom Planet is the band that plays the opening song for The OC (the one that goes "Californiaaa here we comeee") LOL

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 10:59:55 AM »

i'd rather have Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine as opening acts, they are much better then PP and Hookerstink, at least i have not heard much good music from them but BFMV and a7x are good, i didnt thjink that they would be good but then i thought they can't be so big whitout good music so i downloaded som songs and they were good, maybe it will be the same with these new openers but i don't think so
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 11:00:12 AM »

anyone remember hoobastank doing a cover of 'civil war'? maybe they'll play it at these shows instead of guns n' roses. but then again, maybe axl won't allow them to do it.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 02:15:48 PM »

Beggers cant be choosers, it sure beats the hell out of Mix Master Mike, and CKY. Phantom Planet is actually a very good band, and Hoobastank has a name that at least should bring a crowd for the opening acts.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 02:18:34 PM »

Beggers cant be choosers, it sure beats the hell out of Mix Master Mike, and CKY. Phantom Planet is actually a very good band, and Hoobastank has a name that at least should bring a crowd for the opening acts.

Ha Ha very true.  Mix Master Mike  where did that ever come from.    rofl

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »

OK, this is irrelevent to the Vegas shows, sonce the openers have been announced, But, it has been confirmed that Avenged Sevenfold has cancelled their UK tour due to "Commitments here in the U.S."? Their current US run ends September 21st......Anyone thinkin what I'm thinkin?

http://www.93x.com/blog.asp?id=273182&SBID=4444
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:46:43 PM by axlrosegnr » Logged

Axl is God.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 02:47:15 PM »

OK, this is irrelevent to the Vegas shows, sonce the openers have been announced, But, it has been confirmed that Avenged Sevenfold has cancelled their UK tour due to "Commitments here in the U.S."? Their current US run ends September 21st......Anyone thinkin what I'm thinkin?

i hope it's the way you're thinking..
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 03:26:56 PM »

Sure did! As a matter of fact, the first single of their newest album was written about Scott Weiland and how much Hoobastanks lead singer hated him.

Is this really true? It sounds funny - can you provide a link or more backstory?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 03:42:36 PM »

Is this really true? It sounds funny - can you provide a link or more backstory?

Oh it's true... here ya go:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49093

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »

if hoobastank want to win over the crowd all he needs to do is bash scott  rofl beer
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 03:57:49 PM »

http://www.93x.com/blog.asp?id=273182&SBID=4444

they cancelled their UK tour to finish writing a new album & start recording

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 03:59:29 PM »

if hoobastank want to win over the crowd all he needs to do is bash scott? rofl beer
LMAO
that would be wicked cool  hihi

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: