Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  how about them EAGLES?!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how about them EAGLES?!  (Read 30138 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2007, 12:01:39 AM »

baltimore -4.
philly +5.
chicago -8.5.
NE +5.

my lock of the week is baltimore -4. actually, it's my lock of the year! every year people jump on the peyton bandwagon ("this is the year"). he's a choke artist. this is the easiest money i'll ever make in my life.

i like philly to win, or at least cover.

i don't feel too strongly about the sunday games.

Im not a colts fan to say the least, I hate the colts. But Peyton Manning is one of the best QB's in the Leauge and to call any team facing his offense a lock, is not a smart move. Baltimore may win but with his talent and the talent around him I would never count out the Colts. I hope they win so New England can face them in the playoffs again after we take out the chargers on Sunday!! smoking

i'm exaggerating/joking a little. but come on, peyton chokes EVERY YEAR. he didn't even play well last week. the ravens are gonna eat him up.

and for the record, not that 4 points is a ton, but i'd bet the money line IF i was a gambler.? hihi

As I am joking/ribbing a little as well. All in good fun.? hihi

Well The Colts won, so your lock wasn't so right was it??? I may have been wrong on one thing, as were you, and thats that Manning would win or lose the game, apparently thats not the case as the defense stepped up yet again and well the Colts won. Do I need to say more?? Well only that your lucky your not a gambler otherwise your "lock" would have been a loss. Though as I said before it doesn't matter cuz the Pats will take them out after we take out the chargers tomorrow!? hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2007, 08:03:19 AM »

WOW Andy Reid is horrible.

First off, down 27-21, 3rd and 1 from the 3 yard line, Run the ball with Westbrook two straight if u have to, he will get 1 yard or he shouldnt be in the league. Reid calls for that horrible swing pass, They kick that FG and are down 3.

Then why in the hell do u punt with under 2 minutes to go, 2 timeouts and a defense that cannot stop New Orleans? Ignorant decision by Andy Reid.

I hate Philly anyway though, so im glad to see them out.

Peyton Manning is such a choker in big games. The Indy D is ironically 2-0 in the playoffs, they are refusing to let Mannnig choke it away even though he is trying his best to do so.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2007, 09:04:18 AM »

Good points D.  I thought the decision to punt was crazy.  Deuce McAlister looked like Jim Brown running on the Eagles all day long, and they called Deuce out...well, Deuce delivered.  It was a fun game.  I hesitate to call it a great game because honestly, alot of the game featured piss-poor tackling and several drops by Westbrook, overpursuits by Saints defensive ends, etc.

So far I'm 2 for 2 with straight-up winners, and the Eagles actually covered, so I'm 1-1 against the spread.  Not bad.  I'm glad I don't gamble.  Okay, honestly, I have $1 riding on the Bolts-Pats...I have the Bolts without giving any points.   beer 

I won't be rooting for any team in particular, just for good games.  Although, if the Bears and Colts make it to the big dance, my pre-season Super Bowl pick would happen!   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »

Good points D.  I thought the decision to punt was crazy.  Deuce McAlister looked like Jim Brown running on the Eagles all day long, and they called Deuce out...well, Deuce delivered.  It was a fun game.  I hesitate to call it a great game because honestly, alot of the game featured piss-poor tackling and several drops by Westbrook, overpursuits by Saints defensive ends, etc.

So far I'm 2 for 2 with straight-up winners, and the Eagles actually covered, so I'm 1-1 against the spread.  Not bad.  I'm glad I don't gamble.  Okay, honestly, I have $1 riding on the Bolts-Pats...I have the Bolts without giving any points.   beer 

I won't be rooting for any team in particular, just for good games.  Although, if the Bears and Colts make it to the big dance, my pre-season Super Bowl pick would happen!   Wink

And the Eagles choke again.  ok

<--Cowboys fan. Allowed to say it.  Grin

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »

WOW Andy Reid is horrible.

Then why in the hell do u punt with under 2 minutes to go, 2 timeouts and a defense that cannot stop New Orleans? Ignorant decision by Andy Reid.

I think your a little Hard on Andy. A guy that's gotten his teams to 4 NFC championships and a Superbowl and got his entire team to rally after losing their star quarterback. He's a good coach.

I think in hindsight its easy to say Andy Reids decisicion to punt with 2 time outs left is easy to criticize. In that type of situation even though his defense may have not been playing the best, he had faith his defense and his players on a defense that has done nothing but stepped up the last 6 weeks when their under pressure. I think it was a good decision to punt there. 4th and 15 is a long way to go, they had the first down if it wasn't a false start on a 4th and 10. If their defense would have done what they have done the last 6 weeks, stepped up at the end of the game, everyone would be saying what a great decision to punt there. All Andy did was show faith in his players. Here's a stat for you: In the ENTIRE NFL teams were 1-19 on 4th and 15 this year.

First off, down 27-21, 3rd and 1 from the 3 yard line, Run the ball with Westbrook two straight if u have to, he will get 1 yard or he shouldnt be in the league. Reid calls for that horrible swing pass, They kick that FG and are down 3.

Though I thought the punt was smart, I agree with that.

Peyton Manning is such a choker in big games. The Indy D is ironically 2-0 in the playoffs, they are refusing to let Mannnig choke it away even though he is trying his best to do so.

Give credit where credit's do, Baltimore's defense played great.? smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »

^

Explain the last few years then and the 4 years against Florida before that?

Tee Martin won a National Title and Peyton didnt cause he couldnt beat FLorida.

After awhile u have to examine that and realize that there has to be something wrong with Manning's psyche.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2007, 12:25:59 PM »

Thanksgiving Day 2006:

Cowboys win, and are headed toward the division championship.

Big game coming up on Dec. 3 with the Giants. I'll take the Boys by 10.

Eagles: wait for next? year.?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

where are all you haters at?

hiding, that's where. you'll come out of the woodwork if and when the birds get eliminated.

and what about all the cowboy fans?

you guys scared of the seahawks? go buy a dog to keep you safe.? rofl
that's what the cowboys are anyway, a bunch of dogs.

just as i said, everyone hides until they have something to brag about. so typical of cowboy fans.

yes, i was wrong on the ravens game. and it cost me. luckily the eagles at least hooked me up with a cover.

but manning is in pure january form. he's just lucky his D and K are bailing him out this time.

and the eagles did not "choke". they lost to a good team on the road. they were 5 point underdogs and it was a great game. the saints moved the ball a little bit better today.

losing our best OL to injury hurt big time. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2007, 12:39:06 PM »

^

Explain the last few years then and the 4 years against Florida before that?

Tee Martin won a National Title and Peyton didnt cause he couldnt beat FLorida.

After awhile u have to examine that and realize that there has to be something wrong with Manning's psyche.

Calling him a choker is way too easy. Give credit to a team like Baltimore, who did have a great defensive game plan for the colts. Everyone says Peyton didnt do this, or Peyton has done this. Why is it when the Colts lose or don't play well its always Peyton choked, or Peyton lost them the game. But when they win its wow the Colts played great, what a great way to win. Alot of teams were having trouble over the years beating Spurrier's Gators, not just manning. I do agree that Manning hasn't shown he can play his best football in big games, and yes may "choke under the pressure". But too say the reason Baltimore stopped their offense is because Manning choked is the wrong thing to do. The Patriots beat the colts in AFC Championship and Divisional Playoff games because we were hands down the better team. They took one hell of a defensive game plan in and exploited Manning and the entire colts offense. Not only because he "choked under the pressure." smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »

Your argument works for most Quarterbacks in the NFL but Peyton Manning is gonna be a top 5 all time NFL QB when he retires, so he d oesnt get the free pass that? a lot of QBs get.

Just check the numbers in big games he loses.

If he went? 22-30? 300 yards 3 tds and 1 pick and they lose, that isnt his fault

but check out his numbers in games they lose.

Manning has 1TD and 5 Picks so far in this postseason....... That is on Rex Grossman's level not a top 5 all time QB.

Even in Games this year when the D played horrible, The COlts still were not scoring. So yeah the D was horrible but Peyton wasnt putting any points on the board either.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2007, 12:54:38 PM »

Your argument works for most Quarterbacks in the NFL but Peyton Manning is gonna be a top 5 all time NFL QB when he retires, so he d oesnt get the free pass that? a lot of QBs get.

Just check the numbers in big games he loses.

If he went? 22-30? 300 yards 3 tds and 1 pick and they lose, that isnt his fault

but check out his numbers in games they lose.

Manning has 1TD and 5 Picks so far in this postseason....... That is on Rex Grossman's level not a top 5 all time QB.

Even in Games this year when the D played horrible, The COlts still were not scoring. So yeah the D was horrible but Peyton wasnt putting any points on the board either.

Ya its Manning that controls how teams play against him. The Patriots, Steelers, Jets, Miami, and Tennessee had nothing to do with any of his playoff losses. I forget if Manning "shows up" and does what he's supose to do it doesn't matter if the other teams there. I guess these teams didn't beat the colts, Manning just choked and they all won because Manning can't beat the pressure.

Specificlly watch the two games agains New England and the game against Pittsburg last year and you'll see a defensive formula for beating Manning that all teams now try to exploit but few are able too. When you say a team only loses because this player keeps choking it takes away from what the the teams against said player did to win. Manning is one of the best qb's in the leauge. No question. Does he fail to play great football under pressure, does he "choke"Huh You could say that. But thats not the only reason these Colts get beat year in and year out.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2007, 02:33:35 PM »

Check all those picks he throws in crit ical situations against NE...........

True if Nick Harper cuts to the sideline last year, Indy are in the Super Bowl but Manning if I recall, didnt play overwhelmingly great in that game either.

He has a HUGE cont ract that limits the talent around him Plus he gets hurt cause Tom Brady wins with less..

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2007, 02:48:53 PM »

Check all those picks he throws in crit ical situations against NE...........

True if Nick Harper cuts to the sideline last year, Indy are in the Super Bowl but Manning if I recall, didnt play overwhelmingly great in that game either.

He has a HUGE cont ract that limits the talent around him Plus he gets hurt cause Tom Brady wins with less..

I can't argue the last part of that last sentence being a patriots fan! hihi

Thats the Colts GM fault for not letting Manning take the pay cut he wanted and asked to take to allow for more salary cap room.

Manning didn't play well last year against the Steelers and hasn't played well against NE in the playoffs either. He has played great against some teams like the Cheifs 2 years ago and Denver a couple years ago as well. I chalk his loses to a little of the "Choke factor" but I put alot more on the fact that Belichick and his great coaching staff found a "way" to disrupt Manning. I think in a way Manning's problem and his greatness are the same, he's given too much control of the offense at the line of scrimmage and NE exploited that twice in play-off games by confusing Manning (and many other times in the regular season, though Manning and Tom Moore seem to be making good adjustments to New England's tactics). The same thing Pittsburg did last year. And San Diego during the regular season last year. Some scoff that there is a "blueprint" to beat Peyton Manning and the Colts offense. But I don't. I think there is a blue-print and its become more evident this year than years past. I feel Tom Moore and Peyton will work on that, and have been making strides to improve the "weaknesses" of that offense and I also feel for any team anywhere its tough to play Peyton Manning as he is one of the best.? smoking
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:50:55 PM by High_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2007, 10:49:26 PM »

Someone typed this.  Wasn't that the swing pass that Westbrook dropped???  That was a sure touchdown if that's the play I'm remembering correctly.  You can hardly criticize Reid for that.  But 3rd and 1 and rushing Westbrook twice?  In case you haven't been watching the birds all season, Westbrook did not have a good year converting 3rd and shorts, trust me.  Here in Delaware we get all the Philly games. 

Also, I wasn't paying attention closely.  4th and 15, unfortunately he had to punt.  I forgot there was a false start penalty. 

I think Reid gets criticized far too much.  He's a good coach, in fact well above average.  He proved it with the t eam he had this season.

On the Manning front, look for the Colts to win big over the Patsies this time.  Brady is a goddamn magician though.

I went 2-2 against the spread, and 3-1 with just winners...all in all that should be an education for folks out there considering gambling.  Nobody would have won except for the bookies.   Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2007, 01:52:37 AM »

I guess this kind of turned into the play-off all nfl talk thread.? hihi

How bout my pats??!! Beat what people besides myself call the best team in the NFL and still can't get no respect. People already saying they gonna get killed by the colts? WTF mate, WTF?

I'm kinda pissed at LT for saying New England has no class for mocking Merriman's celebration. I mean what the fuck, its ok for him celebrate with "his" dance when he sacks a quaterback. But when he does almost absolutely nothing in a game, held to no sacks and the Chargers lose its not ok to mock "his" dance. Come on man thats just plain stupid. If your gonna say its ok for him to rub it in, but not ok for another team to do it to him thats just hipocracy. If you don't want people to mock the dance, than don't do it in the first place.

Perdictions: Patriots 21 Colts 10. Saints 24 Bears 28.

Superbowl Pats vs. Bears. Bout damn time we get revenge for the ass kicking we took 22 years ago!? smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2007, 06:23:55 AM »

Someone typed this.? Wasn't that the swing pass that Westbrook dropped?Huh That was a sure touchdown if that's the play I'm remembering correctly.? You can hardly criticize Reid for that.? But 3rd and 1 and rushing Westbrook twice?? In case you haven't been watching the birds all season, Westbrook did not have a good year converting 3rd and shorts, trust me.? Here in Delaware we get all the Philly games.?

Also, I wasn't paying attention closely.? 4th and 15, unfortunately he had to punt.? I forgot there was a false start penalty.?

I think Reid gets criticized far too much.? He's a good coach, in fact well above average.? He proved it with the t eam he had this season.

On the Manning front, look for the Colts to win big over the Patsies this time.? Brady is a goddamn magician though.

I went 2-2 against the spread, and 3-1 with just winners...all in all that should be an education for folks out there considering gambling.? Nobody would have won except for the bookies.? ?Wink

no, the swing pass was to tapeh. and it was a ridiculously dumb call. it LOST 3 yards.

AND you're wrong about westbrook not picking up short yardage. did you see him dive into the end zone on his second TD? that's almost unstoppable.

reid obviously forgot that the eagles converted a 4th and 26 a few years ago to keep a drive alive when they were down in a playoff game. this game was filled with big play after big play. the eagles needed one more and reid didn't even give the team a chance.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2007, 11:41:26 AM »

Someone typed this.? Wasn't that the swing pass that Westbrook dropped?Huh That was a sure touchdown if that's the play I'm remembering correctly.? You can hardly criticize Reid for that.? But 3rd and 1 and rushing Westbrook twice?? In case you haven't been watching the birds all season, Westbrook did not have a good year converting 3rd and shorts, trust me.? Here in Delaware we get all the Philly games.?

Also, I wasn't paying attention closely.? 4th and 15, unfortunately he had to punt.? I forgot there was a false start penalty.?

I think Reid gets criticized far too much.? He's a good coach, in fact well above average.? He proved it with the t eam he had this season.

On the Manning front, look for the Colts to win big over the Patsies this time.? Brady is a goddamn magician though.

I went 2-2 against the spread, and 3-1 with just winners...all in all that should be an education for folks out there considering gambling.? Nobody would have won except for the bookies.? ?Wink

no, the swing pass was to tapeh. and it was a ridiculously dumb call. it LOST 3 yards.

AND you're wrong about westbrook not picking up short yardage. did you see him dive into the end zone on his second TD? that's almost unstoppable.

reid obviously forgot that the eagles converted a 4th and 26 a few years ago to keep a drive alive when they were down in a playoff game. this game was filled with big play after big play. the eagles needed one more and reid didn't even give the team a chance.

Ya Andy Reid did give his team a chance and gave his defense the oppurtunity to make a big play. He had faith in his defense to step up at the right time and come up with a big stop. That 4th and 26 was a fluke play and if you don't belive that than your just plain stupid. Reality is the Eagles picked up the first down on 4th and 10 but it didn't stand because of the false start. I belive there was just under 2 minutes left and the Eagles had two timeouts left. Even if your defense isn't makin plays the entire game, you must have faith in your players. It was not an impossible task to ask that defense to make another big play at the end of the game and just stop the saints from gaining 10 yards. It was however very unlikley that the Eagles were gonna pick up the first down twice in a row on 4th down.?Everybody second guesses and thats fine but nobody would be complaining if the Eagle's defense just made one stop. smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2007, 11:44:40 AM »

all damn close games this weekend...they year ended up being pretty positive for you Eagles fans....after McNabb went down who woulda thought they woulda made 2nd round.

and my pats pulled out a nail biter....all i can say is WOW Shocked

next week Colts/Pats game will be a classic beer I think the bears may be in trouble, they got shit lucky against Seattle

sandman
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2007, 12:46:49 PM »

Ya Andy Reid did give his team a chance and gave his defense the oppurtunity to make a big play. He had faith in his defense to step up at the right time and come up with a big stop. That 4th and 26 was a fluke play and if you don't belive that than your just plain stupid. Reality is the Eagles picked up the first down on 4th and 10 but it didn't stand because of the false start. I belive there was just under 2 minutes left and the Eagles had two timeouts left. Even if your defense isn't makin plays the entire game, you must have faith in your players. It was not an impossible task to ask that defense to make another big play at the end of the game and just stop the saints from gaining 10 yards. It was however very unlikley that the Eagles were gonna pick up the first down twice in a row on 4th down.?Everybody second guesses and thats fine but nobody would be complaining if the Eagle's defense just made one stop. smoking

reid pretty much admitted he made a mistake.

what did the D do in that game that would give anyone confidence that they could stop the run???

he went for it on 4th and 10!! and it worked - they picked up 15. so reid obviously didn't have too much faith in his D before that play!!

reid is a good coach, not great. he routinely makes alot of gameday mistakes.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »

Reid is a very good coach who always takes responsibility for the loss.  Did he call out Westbrook, who while he had some dazzling plays, dropped at least 3 passes? (1 a sure touchdown)

I'm telling you now it's easy to Monday morning quarterback.  But let's face it, Jeff Garcia is an over-the-hill journeyman quarterback who can only play well in one offensive system.  Philly should be happy as hell they got what they did out of this season.  McNabb's twice the quarterback Garcia is and the Eagles will be fine when Donovan's healthy. 

Also, anyone here who calls the play to run Westbrook on 3rd and 1 has not watched the Eagles play this year.  I'd love to see Westbrook's stats over the year on 3rd and short, I guarantee they are much lower than the league average.  Once the line in front of him makes contact he folds like a cheap tent.  Westbrook thrives on making defenders miss and he is particularly nasty when the offense spreads it out.   

I apologize for mixing up tapeh's play with westbrook's drop...mistakes happen.  But let's face it, each team's defense needs major improvement.  The Bears will roll and the Colts will exorcise their demons.   Wink 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2007, 07:50:44 PM »

it is incredible what Brady is doing with that pretty much "no-name" offense. i mean besides cory dillon who they didnt even use that much last game, they have no one. no big superstar receivers or anything. Brady is fucking incredible.

i think belchick has manning pretty much figured out but i think it will still be a fun game to watch as it usually is.

Brady is 12-1 in 13 playoff games now, the guy simply never loses his cool no matter what. i think this is the year of the Patriots. i think the superbowl will be Patriots/Saints and the Pats will win by a touchdown.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:55:45 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: