Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  how about them EAGLES?!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how about them EAGLES?!  (Read 30184 times)
gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »

ok....this is how it is....when the eagles start to win a game, they get real lazy and take it as a laydown....if they start to play like its their last game...they will stay at the top of the division....byt he way what are the division standings?

immigrants and faggots, they make no sense to me, they come to our country, and think theyll do as they please
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2006, 12:19:14 AM »

what are the division standings?
N.Y. Giants   5-2   
Dallas   4-3   
Philadelphia   4-4   
Washington   2-5

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2006, 09:27:20 AM »

N.Y. Giants   6-2   
Dallas   ? ? ? ?4-4   
Philadelphia   4-4   
Washington   3-5

updated from week 9 Wink

GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2006, 11:47:18 AM »

The division is still up for grabs - hopefully the Eagles can go on a little RUN here.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2006, 09:37:38 AM »

aaaaannnnnnddddd game over....poor donovan

sorry eagles fans Undecided

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »

Sad, yes it's over. It's been a bad year, and with Garcia as backup it looks like it'll get stinky real quick. Obviously the won't make/do anything in the playoffs, but if they play Garcia he'll be worse than Mike McMahon was last year. They'll finish 1-5 & Andy will take ALOT of heat from fans. No matter what, Andy won't be? fired, however, I do have to question him & consider next year being a do or die season for his job. Miss the playoffs once, ok fine. Twice, well a string of bad luck. 3 times? Nope, not in this town.

Also, was it just me or did Garcia seem like he was complaining in the press conference afterwards?? For those out of town he said things like 'Well, in most cities the backups get some reps during the week, but here in this city McNabb takes all the reps in practice. So I really had to loosen up since I hadn't played in a while'. He also slipped and said he was just hanging out on the sideline when McNabb got hurt and "Something good came and happened to me... uhhh, well, bad actually, something bad happened, but it was good to try and come in and still help contribute to the team" or something.

I have a feeling AJ Feeley will finish out the season (our 3rd string). Why not, we suck with Garcia, might as well suck with AJ instead.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2006, 11:41:17 PM »

EAGLES LOSE..AGAIN beer
SAY HELLO TO 2007-08.
AIN'T IT FUN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2006, 06:18:45 AM »

aj Feely plays for SD now doesnt he?

U guys traded him to Miami a couple seasons ago.

I think u are stuck with Garcia or a Detmer

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2006, 11:37:57 AM »

tough season for the birdz. i honestly don't know what to think of this team. they handed away a couple wins and could easily have been 6-1. but they were still getting beat by an awful titans team even before mcnabb got hurt.

the only thing i know is that they are inconsistent. at times they looked like a legitimate contender, other times we looked like a last place team.

reid announced on wednesday that garcia is starting. morningweg (offensive coordinator) coached garcia for years in san fran, so i'm sure that factored into the decision.

he's probably on a short leash though - feeley has more upside.

koy detmer was released before the season and never got picked up. somewhat controversial release since he was the longtime holder for akers. dork johnson now holds akers' balls.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2006, 09:39:07 PM »

Thanksgiving Day 2006:
Cowboys win, and are headed toward the division championship.
Big game coming up on Dec. 3 with the Giants. I'll take the Boys by 10.
Eagles: wait for next  year. 
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2006, 12:28:36 AM »

dork johnson now holds akers' balls.

Is this some kind of joke?   rofl

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2006, 02:11:28 AM »

the eagles kicked the cowboys ass!!!!!!!

with the division on the line!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2006, 09:25:10 AM »

damn what a yo yo season this has been....congrats eagles fans beer

sandman
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2006, 10:45:05 AM »

damn what a yo yo season this has been....congrats eagles fans beer

thanks. crazy season indeed.

the birds are a dangerous team right now. they're gonna be a tough out in the playoffs.

cowboy nation is hurtin this week. maybe romo should worry more about winning football games than hittin on carrie underwood just before kickoff.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »

Garcia is a better quaterback than McNabb.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2006, 12:34:04 AM »

I agree 100%. Only quarterback more overrated than McNabb is Michael Vick.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2006, 12:50:58 AM »

Racist.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2006, 05:41:57 AM »

Racist.
My nickname isn't Rush Limbaugh for nothing.... hihi

sandman
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2006, 08:45:11 AM »

i'm not a big mcnabb fan, but i don't think you can say garcia is better.

reid has totally changed the offensive gameplan. if he did that for mcnabb, the offense may look as good as it does now.

we'll see what garcia does in the playoffs.

and the most overrated QB in the NFL is eli manning. he sucks. he's a total waste. and he gets talked about like he's some elite QB. total bust. san diego raped NY in that trade. and i love it.

the Garden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2007, 12:58:10 AM »

Garcia is not necessarily as talented as McNabb but he has and shows more emotion than McNabb ever has. The reason Garcia is loved is because he plays to win. I am not saying that McNabb does not but what you clearly see from Garcia is a fire and a passion to win week in and week out by the way he plays and his constant side line cheering and emotions during a game. McNabb is a little too white collar for the town that prides itself in its blue collard individuals. Garcia is the living embodiment of Rocky Balboa on the field and that?s why people love him. For God's sakes we booed him when he got back up after taking a nasty hit in the Carolina game because we all wanted Feely to come in and take over because we had some small amount of pre-established faith in him from the last time he played for us. What did Garcia do, he bore down and won the three toughest football games of the season, the same games that so many analysts had pegged as the end of Phillies chances at the playoffs. Garcia's energy helped turn the team around midseason and he fought for our respect and earned it. All we ever got with McNabb was a "my bad" gesture and he would lay up and just take over a "lets go home and regroup attitude" with a quarter and a half of football to play. Now, McNabb has had his good moments with 4th and 26th and a few other glimmers of hope but the majority of the time it does not work out for him and the team at the end.

This is the kind of thing that separates quarterbacks like McNabb from quarterbacks like Tom Brady. Now I hate Tom Brady for beating us but I will give him this, the man does nothing but win football games. Look at this year for instance, most people cant even name a single wideout for the Pats but Brady still leads the team to the playoffs and has impressive stats. When the chips are down somehow it just works out and while many people don't believe in "clutch" players it is obvious that there is something. It may be luck, it may just be repeated coincidence, it may be as simple as cracking under pressure or calling the wrong play but for some reason some players have an aura that commands victory and helps them take victory when it matters the most. Take Vince Young, now I am not a fan of qbs that run that much but the kid has done nothing but come in and make sure the team wins games. Considering all the comebacks he has made in his rookie season it?s obvious he can push himself to the point that he won?t be stopped by anyone.

Now, all of this being said I have to say that I am not sure that McNabb can do this, he has not proven it yet and I am willing to give him the chance to but in all honesty, if Jeff Garcia can someway, somehow win this team a Superbowl this year the coaching staff better be danm sure to let him fight for the starting qb job because anything less is favoritism for McNabb because he is their franchise guy and that is bull shit. If the Sixers are going to dump off A.I. then the birds better be ready for the fact that Garcia may be a better qb for this town than McNabb. All of this is just a Philly fans opinion but I wanted to throw in my two cents. Reid is supposed to be a qb guy and at this point with a qb that is injured 3 of the last 5 years and just cant seem to be able to get over the playoff hump i would rather just be done with him and try and find the qb that can help lead this team to a championship before I die.

Donavan is a classy guy and a great role model but there is a difference between guys like Dan Marino, Donavan McNabb and even Peyton Manning from guys like Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, and Tom Brady. While Superbowls have been won with not much help from a quarterback the best teams have always been lead by great quarterbacks and when it comes down to it the reason Garcia is liked so much right now is his heart and his show ability to comeback when all hope is lost (I am referring to a comeback win against the giants in which Garcia lead the 49ers to the second biggest comeback in NFL history). Garcia has had his problems with the law as well and in general he seems like a more human quarterback because he has not let success get to his head. In closing all I have to say is that Garcia I a much better backup then Mike McMahon was and having Feely back only adds to the depth. This season every one of our qbs has played and all have played much better than Koy Detmer or McMahon played last year at all. So while we in Philly are in familiar territory with McNabb going down we have had much better success in his absence this time around. O yea and GO BIRDS!!!!

"So bittersweat this tragedy, won't ask for absoloution. This melody inside of me still searches for a soloution."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: