Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:48:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What cities/states will GNR skip on tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What cities/states will GNR skip on tour?  (Read 5090 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 12:39:52 PM »

Axl is not banned in Atlanta. They wanted to come in 2002 but could not work out a deal with the promoter-Peter Conlon. They wanted too much money and Conlon didn't think he could sell enough tix to cover it. ?Tongue

that's good to know.

atlanta is one hour from me via Delta
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 12:43:08 PM »

well it seems like they are doing the southeast first.

i wonder how long it'll be until they are back at new york or if the 4 warmups at hammerstein were it?

if i booked GNR, i'd go by the weather and play the warm states in the winter that way you don't have any snow storms to worry about.

Some sensible logic there.? Why not play the notheast in the fall, when the weather is brisk, yet still manageable?? I missed MSG in '02 due to a snowstorm, and with the way this looks like it's panning out thus far, I can only hope that that frustration is not re-lived again.

Us florida women freak if the weather gets below 85  Grin
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 01:12:39 PM »

I dont know about that, but he can still 'Fuck St. Louis' and perform in Missouri. Kansas City an obvious choice, and there is a small arena in Joplin that GNR could easily sell out. Although known for being a country town, if GNR were to play in Branson it would get LOTS of attention in the Ozark area.

GnR is currently scheduling a show in KC at Kemper Area, and I would bet my last dollar they plays St. Louis.? As far as Joplin goes, I heard it is only behind San Fransico for the most gay people per capita so I doubt they would play there.? I think Springfeild would be a better option in the Ozark area.?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:14:44 PM by Ineverlearn000022 » Logged

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 01:15:29 PM »

better come to Vancouver! Shocked

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 01:19:35 PM »

Is Axl allowed in St. Louis or is he barred from there?

I had heard too he was barred from Atlanta.

Anyone know or care to speculate?

With my luck, we wont see him in Philly? Sad

i doubt they will play philly, hopefully instead they play the wachovia arena in wilkes barre, much closer to my house hihi

if memory serves me right, in 2002..didn't GNR have to shows in Philly? Or was one scheduled for wilkes barre and cancelled?

Yeah, they were SCHEDULED.? If you follow the band, you'll know that the first night in Philly was the end of the tour.

but wasn't there a show where they were selling tickets for 10 bucks in 02?  Was that for wilkes barre show?

that apperently was for the 2nd philly show. they sold these at the night of the first show

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 02:16:17 PM »

well it seems like they are doing the southeast first.

i wonder how long it'll be until they are back at new york or if the 4 warmups at hammerstein were it?

if i booked GNR, i'd go by the weather and play the warm states in the winter that way you don't have any snow storms to worry about.

Some sensible logic there.  Why not play the notheast in the fall, when the weather is brisk, yet still manageable?  I missed MSG in '02 due to a snowstorm, and with the way this looks like it's panning out thus far, I can only hope that that frustration is not re-lived again.

Us florida women freak if the weather gets below 85  Grin

Hopefully the Mrs. and I will be making our way down there within the next few years.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 02:18:03 PM »

SLC without a doubt............. hihi

(watch me be wrong.)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 03:17:20 PM »

I dont know about that, but he can still 'Fuck St. Louis' and perform in Missouri. Kansas City an obvious choice, and there is a small arena in Joplin that GNR could easily sell out. Although known for being a country town, if GNR were to play in Branson it would get LOTS of attention in the Ozark area.

GnR is currently scheduling a show in KC at Kemper Area, and I would bet my last dollar they plays St. Louis.  As far as Joplin goes, I heard it is only behind San Fransico for the most gay people per capita so I doubt they would play there.  I think Springfeild would be a better option in the Ozark area. 
When did Joplin become a city full of gay people?? nervous I lived there back in the mid 90's and Joplin had no such stigma attached to it. Where did you get that info?

GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 03:57:52 PM »

that apperently was for the 2nd philly show. they sold these at the night of the first show

here is a link to the flyer http://www.gnrontour.com/sets2002/20021208flyer.jpg from gnrontour.com

i wish they would announce the whole tour instead of certain dates at a time. i cant wait to see them again, the NYC warmup shows were amazing. i dont think they will play philly. maybe they will play some place close like camden, nj.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 04:05:59 PM »

here is a link to the flyer http://www.gnrontour.com/sets2002/20021208flyer.jpg from gnrontour.com

i wish they would announce the whole tour instead of certain dates at a time. i cant wait to see them again, the NYC warmup shows were amazing. i dont think they will play philly. maybe they will play some place close like camden, nj.

Assuming they 'skip' Philly and play Camden I will NOT go to that show even though it is less than 2 hours to get there.  I have been to that city three times and I have never felt safe.  My friend went to a Phish show there and got carjacked.  I think that sums up Camden in a nutshell.

With that being said I do not think they will skip Philly.  They will be in that city.  I wouldn't be surprised if they skip some of those venues in the south which were selling poorly during the 2002 tour.  Like play Atlanta and skip the Carolinas. 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »

^^^See you motherfuckers in Philly!!!  Trust me, they'll be there.  So will I.  I'll see you folks in the front of the line!  We'll get some good "Fuck Pierre Roberre" chants going.  hihi   Cool

One state they won't perform in?  Unfortunately for me, Delaware.  Cry 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
strattao
Opening Act

World Tour 2000Something

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »

SLC without a doubt............. hihi

(watch me be wrong.)

Totally - really doubt they'll be playing in Utah.
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »

Well, while I REALLY hope not...once again...Indiana will be skipped.

Its been over ten years since he played here. Sure wish he would have a homecoming show. But no matter...I'll drive the three hours to Ohio. I do hope he plays Columbus and Cincy this tour tho. Just wish Axl would realize we would embrace him with open arms....Hoosiers aren't ALL bad...

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 08:27:14 PM »

I have this feeling he doesn't really like indiana much anymore these days.  but that may have changed....

Well, while I REALLY hope not...once again...Indiana will be skipped.

Its been over ten years since he played here. Sure wish he would have a homecoming show. But no matter...I'll drive the three hours to Ohio. I do hope he plays Columbus and Cincy this tour tho. Just wish Axl would realize we would embrace him with open arms....Hoosiers aren't ALL bad...

AylaRose

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 08:32:36 PM »

I have this feeling he doesn't really like indiana much anymore these days.? but that may have changed....

These days? I think he's hated us since he left...lol....ahhh the rants we heard at the Indiana dates in the past!

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 08:36:54 PM »

^^^See you motherfuckers in Philly!!!? Trust me, they'll be there.? So will I.? I'll see you folks in the front of the line!? We'll get some good "Fuck Pierre Roberre" chants going.? hihi? ?Cool

One state they won't perform in?? Unfortunately for me, Delaware.? Cry?

I can't stand that asshole either.  I'll be there chanting with ya  hihi

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 09:32:34 PM »

I am thinking Delaware....... peace

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 05:55:12 AM »

I have this feeling he doesn't really like indiana much anymore these days.? but that may have changed....

These days? I think he's hated us since he left...lol....ahhh the rants we heard at the Indiana dates in the past!

I remember when he introduced Izzy in Birmingham, UK in July: "From the same cesspool I was spawn from, Laf-a-lot [Laugh a lot, instead of Lafayette] Indiana, Mr. Izzy Stradlin".

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 09:53:13 AM »

Is Axl allowed in St. Louis or is he barred from there?

I had heard too he was barred from Atlanta.

Anyone know or care to speculate?

With my luck, we wont see him in Philly  Sad
cmon, all these people are concerned about them coming to philly, us philly people must remember that we are on the east coast and theres like at least 10 different venues within 2 hours of us.  Unless U have no cars, friends or money, you should be in pretty good shape.
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 09:55:30 AM »

^^^See you motherfuckers in Philly!!!  Trust me, they'll be there.  So will I.  I'll see you folks in the front of the line!  We'll get some good "Fuck Pierre Roberre" chants going.  hihi   Cool

One state they won't perform in?  Unfortunately for me, Delaware.  Cry 
amen with the fuck pierre, shit ill chant that if im in chattanooga at an arts and crafts fair!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: