Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Perhaps 'the Blues' 2002 radio promo clip is just . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Perhaps 'the Blues' 2002 radio promo clip is just . .  (Read 11206 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 09:42:57 PM »

The Boston promo is not soundboard.
Heard the guitar tone on Cd, AXl voice on Madagascar etc.. this is dead horse.
u havent even heaard the HOB soundboard... wtf..
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »

Heard the guitar tone on Cd,

They just meddled with it, that is all.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 09:43:38 PM »

Hear that everybody? The great Kiko has spoken. HE has heard the guitar tone on CD. Therefore, it is not soundboard.. Duh! I mean, don't even bother making topics anymore. Just Ask Kiko (you know, like Jeeves). Away to dead horse, cast ye vermin! Be gone with all thine might before I hasten to unleash thine foot unto thy ass!
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 09:50:57 PM »

This is about the HOB soundboard or the Boston promo and the HOB audience ?!
I havent heard the HOB soundboard do you have heard ?!
WTF this topic is about .....................Hey forget about it just go back to INFERNO ... hihi

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 09:52:02 PM »

You don't have to hear the HOB soundboard to know that it doesn't sound anything like this. Hell, even if I never heard any bootleg, I could say that it's indeed a studio recording. This is indeed dead horse.

Considering the fact that I know for sure it is soundboard material collected from the 2002 tour I would have to say: "Hey, that's a soundboard recording." Just my two cents.
WTF are you talkin' about? You know that, beside any evidence of sounding like studio (follow my advice, ask a musician!), there is this Richard's outro solo playing, even when the promo was aired BEFORE the US 2002 tour, when he started to play it, right? So please, stop talkin out of your ass.

Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 10:06:30 PM »

WTF are you talkin' about? You know that, beside any evidence of sounding like studio (follow my advice, ask a musician!), there is this Richard's outro solo playing, even when the promo was aired BEFORE the US 2002 tour, when he started to play it, right? So please, stop talkin out of your ass.

I've been sayin' that since 2002 dude (you probably have as well). No one listens. RussianRoulette, just how is it that you know for sure it is soundboard material collected from the mini-tour in Europe? Please, if you've got info no one else does then share it. How did that guitar solo come to be on the clip before it was played live?

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 10:09:35 PM »

I've been sayin' that since 2002 dude (you probably have as well). No one listens. RussianRoulette, just how is it that you know for sure it is soundboard material collected from the mini-tour in Europe? Please, if you've got info no one else does then share it. How did that guitar solo come to be on the clip before it was played live?

The promotional spot was edited outside of the recording studio. It sounds like a studio cut because it was processed and "mastered" first - all radio material is. Listen to a Bon Jovi radio spot - they take soundboard songs, spice 'em up and slap them on. The songs were 2001 soundboard recordings that had been edited.

You think Axl would have let ANYONE have studio songs back in 2002?  hihi "Oh yeah, here Mr. Editor Guy, here's The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy; just make sure you don't let anyone else hear them."

"You got it, Guvn'uh!"
Steel_Angel
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 10:11:20 PM »

"You got it, Guvn'uh!"
HAHAH!!  rofl very nice.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 10:16:36 PM »

The promotional spot was edited outside of the recording studio. It sounds like a studio cut because it was processed and "mastered" first - all radio material is. Listen to a Bon Jovi radio spot - they take soundboard songs, spice 'em up and slap them on. The songs were 2001 soundboard recordings that had been edited.

You think Axl would have let ANYONE have studio songs back in 2002?? hihi "Oh yeah, here Mr. Editor Guy, here's The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy; just make sure you don't let anyone else hear them."

"You got it, Guvn'uh!"

Sorry, I am a bit dense. I don't think I understand what you mean by "edited outside of the recording studio". Do you mean the radio guy in Boston made it all himself by compiling different soundboards together and editing them? If that is the case then why did I see/hear a similar promo at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia? It had no Madagascar clip, but it had Chinese Democracy and the Blues (Patience and Sweet Child as well I think). They were the same audio clips of CD and The Blues. Did the Boston guy send his work to other cities and they then edited them as they saw fit? Sounds kinda strange to me.
 ? ? ? ?I don't think Axl gave venues full songs, but rather the tiny clips we hear in the promo. They were probably given the three clips for the purpose of a promo and each station/venue edited them as they saw fit.
 ? ? ? ?Also, you still didn't answer my question about the guitar solo Did some guy in Boston just invent it himself and then magically it is the same solo played by Richard a few weeks/months later? I just don't understand how you are explaining that guitar solo. And also, Axl's voice in Madagascar is really gravelly and studio sounding. He didn't sound that way in Madagascar in 2001, not really even in 2002. I think he only sounded that good in 2006 and perhaps the studio. Again, I am a little dense.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:20:42 PM by Ellroy » Logged

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 10:20:46 PM »

You think Axl would have let ANYONE have studio songs back in 2002?  hihi "Oh yeah, here Mr. Editor Guy, here's The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy; just make sure you don't let anyone else hear them."

"You got it, Guvn'uh!"

Sorry, I am a bit dense. I don't think I understand what you mean by "edited outside of the recording studio". Do you mean the radio guy in Boston made it all himself by compiling different sounboards together and editing them? If that is the case then why did I see/hear a similar promo at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. It had no Madagascar clip, but it had Chinese Democracy and the Blues (Patience and Sweet Child as well I think). They were the same audio clips of CD and The Blues. Did the Boston guy send his work to other cities and they then edited them as they saw fit? Sounds kinda strange to me.
        I don't think Axl gave venues full songs, but rather the tiny clips we hear in the promo. They were probably given the three clips for the purpose of a promo and each station/venue edited them as they saw fit.
        Also, you still didn't answer my question about the guitar solo? Did some guy in Boston just invent it himself and then magically it is the same solo played by Richard a few weeks/months later? I just don't understand how you are explaining that guitar solo. Again, I am a little dense.

2001 performance --> soundboard --> editor (outside of recording studio where songs are mastered) --> radio station

The radio station doesn't edit the songs, an editor does. He compiles promos using soundboard material. That's what they do with radio ads. They don't edit radio ads in the same studio as where the album itself is being recorded.

The Richard solo I'm not sure about, was the Boston ad put out after they had already played songs in 02? Cause that would explain it.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 10:22:32 PM »

Somebody very well could have added an outro solo, and not the guy from Boston. It's not that unfathamable. Those in the GNR camp probably passed it on.

Axl felt forced to tour so had this put in. The song itself dates back to at least as early as the Zakk Wyld Jam sessions. Maybe Axl or whoever threw his in there.

It seems hard to believe looking back at 02 that axl would do this. Would've seemed like the promotion might have been up to a DJ in Boston.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:24:44 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 10:29:07 PM »

2001 performance --> soundboard --> editor (outside of recording studio where songs are mastered) --> radio station

The radio station doesn't edit the songs, an editor does. He compiles promos using soundboard material. That's what they do with radio ads. They don't edit radio ads in the same studio as where the album itself is being recorded.

The Richard solo I'm not sure about, was the Boston ad put out after they had already played songs in 02? Cause that would explain it.

Okay, cool. Thanks for clearing it up. Two more points. I heard an ad in Philly (which I stated above). I swear that is not BS. I was at a Flyers game and they played a video promo for the upcoming concert on the screen in between periods. That video had the same audio clips of CD and The Blues as the Boston promo. Two different ads, two different cities. Does this mean that the original editor of the promo had several different versions or was there an editor in each city that independently made the clips from the same material?
          Point number 2, as I (and a few others) stated, the solo at the end of the Blues was not played live until 2002. There is no question about this. It is simply fact. The Boston promo surfaced after the Euro mini-tour but before the first North American show. Now, to the best of my recollection, the solo played by Richard at the end of the Blues was not played live until the first North American show, long after the Boston promo aired. Unless someone can prove otherwise (I can't as I no longer possess the Euro bootlegs), the solo at the end of the Blues was not played in Europe in 2002, only in North America. That means the clips in the promo are NOT from a live show. They are from somewhere else.

Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 10:32:24 PM »

Somebody very well could have added an outro solo, and not the guy from Boston. It's not that unfathamable. Those in the GNR camp probably passed it on.

Axl felt forced to tour so had this put in. The song itself dates back to at least as early as the Zakk Wyld Jam sessions. Maybe Axl or whoever threw his in there.

It seems hard to believe looking back at 02 that axl would do this. Would've seemed like the promotion might have been up to a DJ in Boston.

Sounds silly to me that they would have added a studio recorded guitar part over a live track. Why not just give them a studio clip of the song instead of combining the two? We know some studio songs existed back then (Oh My God and probably the version of Madagascar played at that Halloween party). Also, I doubt it is Zakk on the guitar. It sounds very much like Richard to me.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 10:34:12 PM »

Just got this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UeKTTk15Yhk

All the '02 clips on this sound like soundboard to me, I don't know, CD and Madagascar sound like live performances and they have crowd sounds in them, which means the editor - if they ARE studio tracks - purposely put audio clips of people in the background...which doesn't make sense...and they're not there on the old studio clips...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 10:37:59 PM »

Just got this...

All the '02 clips on this sound like soundboard to me, I don't know, CD and Madagascar sound like live performances and they have crowd sounds in them, which means the editor - if they ARE studio tracks - purposely put audio clips of people in the background...which doesn't make sense...and they're not there on the old studio clips...
the crowd noises are on you could be mine and paradise city, and its not present at the beginning of CD and i didn't notice it in madagascar.  Those are definitly studio clips.   

does someone have the one that had the blues in it?  i can't find it, i know i used to have it.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 10:39:58 PM »

Just got this...

No crowd sounds at the beginning of CD, only after the guitar intro. Also, sounds to me like crowd effects in Paradise City (roaring and a soft whistle at the end of the clip), but it is a little hard to hear. We need to find the full Boston clip. I swear it had crowd noise over Sweet Child. I'm not sure I even hear crowd noise on Madagascar on this one.
 ? ? ? On second thought, there really is no way to prove anything either way. I've got my opinion and you have yours. How about we agree to disagree? ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 10:49:30 PM »

Why the hell wouldn't make sense to add the crowd noise? It was a promo for a live performance!!

Really, it's unbelievable how some can deny it's a studio recording. It's just ridiculous.  no

Dude, you really don't know what are you talkin' about. Really.

1) they don't need to edit the thing in the same studio as where the album were being recorded. Period. They don't need the full recordings of the new songs just to make the ad.

2) the promoters edit the songs for the ads. Why they had the same clips of the new songs in different places? Why the same old songs?

3) why wouldn't Axl allow three samples of new songs for a promo ad to promote his own tour? It's not like he was give the whole album for no reason.

Like already said a gazillion times: the ad was aired BEFORE the US Tour 2002, when Richard started to play the solo.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 10:53:41 PM »

Why the hell wouldn't make sense to add the crowd noise? It was a promo for a live performance!!

Really, it's unbelievable how some can deny it's a studio recording. It's just ridiculous.  no

Dude, you really don't know what are you talkin' about. Really.

1) they don't need to edit the thing in the same studio as where the album were being recorded. Period. They don't need the full recordings of the new songs just to make the ad.

2) the promoters edit the songs for the ads. Why they had the same clips of the new songs in different places? Why the same old songs?

3) why wouldn't Axl allow three samples of new songs for a promo ad to promote his own tour? It's not like he was give the whole album for no reason.

Like already said a gazillion times: the ad was aired BEFORE the US Tour 2002, when Richard started to play the solo.

Judging from a majority of the posts of yours I've read on this forum, you seem to enjoy being the authority on all matters involving GN'R. The simple fact is no, we don't have proof, and just because you have experience editing videos on your computer doesn't mean anything. I worked at NBC in London as an editor - you don't see me tossing that around here, but I'm pretty sure I understand the editing process too. Don't tell me I "don't have a clue" what I'm talking about. I gave my two cents and that's all it is - my opinion. Judging from the history of this band and secrecy surrounding tracks I find it very hard to believe Axl would give three samples of new songs to editors for promotional material.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 11:10:35 PM »

Agreed. Goes to show that GNR fans can take anything and make it a big deal. Its CLEARLY studio. You can tell off the freaking bat.

gnrevolution.com
Steel_Angel
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 11:14:28 PM »

CD and Maddy are studio but the blues u have to wonder..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: