Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Perhaps 'the Blues' 2002 radio promo clip is just . .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Perhaps 'the Blues' 2002 radio promo clip is just . .  (Read 11203 times)
Steel_Angel
« on: September 12, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »

. . .? The Blues (HOB 01) soundboard?Huh some say its the studio version but if you hear both of them they kinda sound a lot alike. yall compare:

http://media.putfile.com/The-Blues-HOB-01clip

http://media.putfile.com/the-blues-Boston-Radio-Promo-Spot
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 12:34:51 AM by frozen inferno » Logged
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 07:49:13 PM »

You are right indeed. But remember that HOB was the first show where The Blues was performed EVER. So, my guess is that he had been practicing the song to sound exactly like the one he had alraedy recorded. Both possibilties are believable tough...
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 07:54:10 PM »

hmm yeh sounds like theyre pretty much the same thing

CJ
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »

hmm yeh sounds like theyre pretty much the same thing

CJ

They are completely different...the first was the vegas show.....and the 2nd is ABSOLUTELY a studio clip of The Blues used for promoting the 2002 tour....On the ENTIRE clip there is a part of Chinese Democracy and Madagascar as well....both sound incredible....I have had the ENTIRE clip for 4 years now. peace
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 08:01:50 PM by Skinflick » Logged

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 08:44:28 PM »

I don't think anything on those promo spots was studio material, just cleaned-up soundboards that aren't available to us.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 09:11:21 PM »

I don't think anything on those promo spots was studio material, just cleaned-up soundboards that aren't available to us.

I agree , starting now.  ok

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 09:14:13 PM »

The Blues at HOB didn't have Richards outro solo (or any outro solo) on it.

So, no. I doubt it.

Im surprised people think those are soundboard clips... if you listen to the intro to Chinese Democracy on the promo it's pretty apparent that its studio.

gnrevolution.com
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 09:16:29 PM »

It could be either.  but if you heard the live version 50 times then the studio version ain't going to be that much different. So.... Tongue

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
darkmonth
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 09:18:37 PM »

Whoever says it's Soundboard is deaf.  Tone and detail deaf.

It's BLATANTLY studio cuts.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 09:19:02 PM »

Dude, your links don't work for me, but I listened to the recording of HOB that I have and the Boston clip and the HOB version is considerably faster and missing the guitar parts. Can you post your HOB on yousendit or something so I can listen, because mine is way faster and minus the solo. I didn't know there were multiple recordings of HOB.

Edit: Okay your links work now. What the hell are you talking about??!! Dude, you have better ears than that, I know it. As I said above, HOB is MUCH SLOWER than the boston clip and also MINUS the guitar solo. Do you think A) Axl and the gang took the soundboard from HOB, slowed it down to fit the tempo of the 2002 version of the song, and added a Fortus guitar solo or B) Used a studio clip of the song? Which makes more sense?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:22:59 PM by Ellroy » Logged

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Steel_Angel
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »

Dude, your links don't work for me, but I listened to the recording of HOB that I have and the Boston clip and the HOB version is considerably faster and missing the guitar parts. Can you post your HOB on yousendit or something so I can listen, because mine is way faster and minus the solo. I didn't know there were multiple recordings of HOB.

Edit: Okay your links work now. What the hell are you talking about??!! Dude, you have better ears than that, I know it. As I said above, HOB is MUCH SLOWER than the boston clip and also MINUS the guitar solo. Do you think A) Axl and the gang took the soundboard from HOB, slowed it down to fit the tempo of the 2002 version of the song, and added a Fortus guitar solo or B) Used a studio clip of the song? Which makes more sense?
its the same one u have.  its an audience recording.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 09:26:25 PM »

Whoever says it's Soundboard is deaf.  Tone and detail deaf.

It's BLATANTLY studio cuts.
Agree. Ask to any musician - they will know for sure that its def a studio clip.

I have no doubt about this at all. Also, like people already said, there's no Richard's outro solo before the US tour in 2002, so why would they put an overdub in the soundboard recording?

And Axl's voice, the guitar tone and everything in the Chinese Democracy clip sounds studio recordings.

I have a really hard time trying to figure out why so many doubt such an obvious thing.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 09:28:15 PM »

Cuz CD wasnt finished in 2002... i think.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »

^^ Don' forget the speed of the Blues! The slow version started on the 2002 tour, thus ruling out that the clip is from a live 2001 show. Add the guitars that weren't added until after the clip appeard and it equals studio.

in reply to frozen's last post: A few songs were probably more or less done (probably have been changed since then). Oh My God for example. Didn't that girl that got invited to Axl's Halloween party way back in the day hear a recording of Madagscar that Axl played for a few people? Am I remembering that right?

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 09:31:37 PM »

Well, considering the fact that it's soundboard, I think it may just be soundboard.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »

Well, considering the fact that it's soundboard, I think it may just be soundboard.
O RLY?  rofl
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 09:35:24 PM »

O RLY?  rofl

Yes.

Considering the fact that I know for sure it is soundboard material collected from the 2002 tour I would have to say: "Hey, that's a soundboard recording." Just my two cents.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 09:38:18 PM »

Okay, let's settle this. Someone dig out the European 2002 bootlegs (I lost all mine when my old computer crashed). We'll listen to The Blues from all of them. If we don't hear Fortus' guitar solo played in that exact way (I don't even think he was playing that solo yet in Europe) on any of them then can we agree that the clips are studio?
       RR, could you PM me or something with the Euro 2002 bootlegs so I can give them a listen?

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 09:41:02 PM »

The Boston promo is not soundboard.
Heard the guitar tone on Cd, AXl voice on Madagascar etc.. this is dead horse.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 09:41:41 PM »

....I have had the ENTIRE clip for 4 years now. peace

Maybe a radio station will air a new 20 second commercial promoting a show with a polished 9 second soundboard clip of IRS to keep you content for another few years. ?hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: