Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Prices To High?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Prices To High?  (Read 14575 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »

how much were tickets in 2002 by the way?

The tickets I bought for the cancelled Greenville, SC. show were $40 face I think (before surcharges) but those were definitely on the lower end of prices for that tour.?
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2006, 02:39:41 PM »

they are expensive. I read some place that bands make more these days on ticket sales than they do on cd sales. Maybe Gn'R want to make as much as possible before CD hits the shops, just in case it fails to sell. Although i would imagine it will do pretty well? Wink

..sure hope CD is not released using various different covers, as VR did with their 3 different colour schemes. Talk about wanting to take cash from the fans.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2006, 02:51:23 PM »

sure hope CD is not released using various different covers, as VR did with their 3 different colour schemes. Talk about wanting to take cash from the fans.

i bought only the black one and it wasn`t worth the 15 euro or so i payed for it....

with CD, i guess i`d have to buy even 10 versions if they decide to release it in 10 colours hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2006, 03:22:21 PM »

sure hope CD is not released using various different covers, as VR did with their 3 different colour schemes. Talk about wanting to take cash from the fans.

i bought only the black one and it wasn`t worth the 15 euro or so i payed for it....

with CD, i guess i`d have to buy even 10 versions if they decide to release it in 10 colours hihi

i almost pick up the red cover, then decided to download the album instead. I didn't like. If i had of liked it, i would have brought the red cover. Hope VR's 2nd album is better  Smiley

as for Gn'R, they could release a different CD with a different band member on the cover, crap idea, but could pull in the cash  hihi if they did that i think the Axl cover would sell the most  Grin with Robin taking 2nd place.
axlslover
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2006, 03:25:50 PM »

All you motherfuckers that keep complaining bout the prices you need to zip it man cuase if gnr weren't? touring you'd al be like man when are they gonna tour and now that they're touring ur compling bout the prices? If u wished so much about them touring and they tour your obviously gonna go and not care for the prices of the tickets if you where real fans you would not be complaining, your all just a bunch double talkin jive motherfuckers!

what the fuck ever, there still too high
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2006, 03:26:30 PM »

i bought the red one...i like Contraband...but I didn't by more than one copy....and i won't buy more than one if GnR does it as well

fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2006, 04:56:47 PM »

prices are steep, but it depends on whos playing with them. if it's a7x they are a headlining band also, so it makes the blow on the price a little easier!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2006, 06:21:50 PM »

Fuck yea to that,, and like when I met ya atr mustangs, Ill say again, , man just have a fuckng good time.

THis bitching and whining about tix prices is really old you either go or you dont. You have a good time or just stfu, whining will not change a damn thing!.  IF you are a kid relying on your parents to go to a show, god bless and I hope your parents are cool, if your someone who works and earns a living , well all i can say is if ya wanna see the band make the conccessions you need to,to suit it.
Otherwise its fucking pointless talkin bout pricing.

Yep. Unless you're just looking for something whine about (and alot of people are) then there's no point in asking if the ticket prices are too high. It's more of a personal matter then anything.

Are you guys serious?  Its simply an OBSERVATION.  Its something for people to discuss.  Give your opinion on the subject and move on instead of telling people to 'stfu' all the time. 

It wasn't an "OBSERVATION" it was a question / complaint about the ticket prices being too high. I was simply giving you an easy option to go with if you think so.  ok

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »

have you looked at Madonna and Paul Mc Cartney ticket prices?... the prices start around 150/200 dollars for the less expensive tickets.
I don't think the GN'R ticket prices are too high. Sure it's expensive, but when you compare with other artists, it's not.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »

Yeah, seriosuly, also look at the prices for the "legendary band' Supernova which will start a (debut if I am not mistaken) tour in Jan. The front row for the long beach show is being sold for $1400 a ticket at the auction
http://www.ticketmaster.com/auction/0B003D13854D29DB/1/
 Can you believe this?
Guns ticket prices are cheap. And be grateful, there are no ticketmaster auctions for them.
Where else can you see a show for $80 where you have a good chance of getting 5 feet from the stage (if you don't mind the waiting)?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:43:42 PM by leatherebel » Logged

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
robinfinckfan
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2006, 09:14:04 PM »

Yeah, seriosuly, also look at the prices for the "legendary band' Supernova which will start a (debut if I am not mistaken) tour in Jan. The front row for the long beach show is being sold for $1400 a ticket at the auction
http://www.ticketmaster.com/auction/0B003D13854D29DB/1/
 Can you believe this?
Guns ticket prices are cheap. And be grateful, there are no ticketmaster auctions for them.
Where else can you see a show for $80 where you have a good chance of getting 5 feet from the stage (if you don't mind the waiting)?

It's all in what you want. I don't want to be fucking crushed from the crowd surge and have crowd surfers fuckin up my show like @ hammerstein,( i think i'm getting old) i want to enjoy the show and a fuckin mile away @ 150.-200.00 is a little high( and so am i)  smoking and i'll bitch..oh yeah i'll bitch. But i'm going to as many as i can and i gotta buy for two cuz my woman says so ok
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2006, 10:37:40 PM »

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Here's your answer, everybody.

Would you pay the current price to see GNR?  No. They're not too high.

Would you not?  Yes. They're too high for you.  Quit whining while the rest of the tickets sell out to fans like me.

END OF DISCUSSION.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: