Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:44:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Prices To High?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Prices To High?  (Read 14610 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2006, 12:39:06 PM »

Bottom line, its all about what its worth to you.  To me I dont really mind spending 75 for a GNR ticket.  If you look at a sporting event, if you want to go to a football game its like 75 for nosebleed seats.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »

The Rolling Stones and Madonna charge up to $400 a ticket.  That in my eyes is highway robbery and I certainly would not pay it because they charge that for virtually every show to be on the floor.

GNR is my favorite band and I guess that puts my blinders on because I had no issue plunking down $670 for 4 tickets to see them both nights in Vegas.

But even the regular arena shows they are playing, the highest ticket is about $75-that really is the going rate these days.  If you are going to complain about it, my guess is that you don't go to concerts very often.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »

But even the regular arena shows they are playing, the highest ticket is about $75-that really is the going rate these days.? If you are going to complain about it, my guess is that you don't go to concerts very often.

I'd like them to be at about $55-60 for general admission that would be ideal IMO and that's about what i paid to see megadeth and VR last year

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2006, 01:05:38 PM »

The Rolling Stones and Madonna charge up to $400 a ticket.? That in my eyes is highway robbery and I certainly would not pay it because they charge that for virtually every show to be on the floor.

GNR is my favorite band and I guess that puts my blinders on because I had no issue plunking down $670 for 4 tickets to see them both nights in Vegas.

But even the regular arena shows they are playing, the highest ticket is about $75-that really is the going rate these days.? If you are going to complain about it, my guess is that you don't go to concerts very often.

I dropped around $767 for a trip to Sacramento and San Diego.

each gnr ticket with tax and printing it off TM came to about $98.

Hotels and airfare totaled it to $767.

I don't care about spending the money because to me...it's a VACATION.

And my philosophy is you work your ass off to take a VACACTION. ?So spending the money isn't an issue for me either.

I wish I was in Vegas this Sat. ?It's my bday..but I have to work.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2006, 01:10:41 PM »

I wouldn't mind paying $75 for a ticket if it was in a 6-7000 seat venue that I knew was going to sell out but I hate showing up to these huge venues that are barely half full.?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 01:12:33 PM by JDA » Logged
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2006, 01:11:38 PM »

The Rolling Stones and Madonna charge up to $400 a ticket.? That in my eyes is highway robbery and I certainly would not pay it because they charge that for virtually every show to be on the floor.

And my philosophy is you work your ass off to take a VACACTION. ?So spending the money isn't an issue for me either.

AMEN. If they come to minneapolis and ?have reserved floor seating, I will be giving a scalper my business if I cannot get front row seats on my own. ? I'd spend way more than $100 bucks on a ticket so I am not going to complain. To a casual fan however, I could see how $75 not including service charges would be too much. But thats what the upper level seats are for. I want to feeeeeel the pyro! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2006, 01:13:31 PM »

AMEN. If they come to minneapolis and ?have reserved floor seating, I will be giving a scalper my business if I cannot get front row seats on my own. ? I'd spend way more than $100 bucks on a ticket so I am not going to complain. To a casual fan however, I could see how $75 not including service charges would be too much. But thats what the upper level seats are for. I want to feeeeeel the pyro! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you will feel the pyro anywhere you sit.

at least i did in ny at hammerstein ballroom.

i was on the floor for one show and then sat in mezz 2 the next show and you could still feel it.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2006, 01:13:49 PM »

I'd like them to be at about $55-60 for general admission that would be ideal IMO and that's about what i paid to see megadeth and VR last year

Hell, I would like them to be $20 which is about what I paid to see them in 1988 but that is just a dream gone far away. ?

But I agree with you they should lower the GA price a tad, because technically without seats on the floor I think that increases the capacity the floor can handle. ?

Dolphin, I totally agree with you, I made a vacation out of Vegas-For the 2 of us going from NY besides the tickets the airfare+hotel is about $900 making the trip for 2 almost $1600 but we are staying from Thurs-Mon ok

Not only did I feel the pyro at Hammerstein but when I got home and undressed I had confetti coming out of everywhere! Shocked
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 01:16:13 PM by Bandita » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »

Quote from: neemo

Hell, I would like them to be $20 which is about what I paid to see them in 1988 but that is just a dream gone far away. ?

But I agree with you they should lower the GA price a tad, because technically without seats on the floor I think that increases the capacity the floor can handle. ?

hihi at least my price is reasonable hihi peace I wouldn't be happy about spending $60 but i would....I'd LIKE it to be a free show...i saw Vince Neil for free a couple weeks ago...and he played mostly Crue stuff and he also took an O2 break every couple tunes ....gnr is doing pretty much the same thing aren't they? And Vince sounded amazing and his guitarist is prolly better than Robin too Wink nervous peace
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 01:21:37 PM by Neemo » Logged

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »

Why isn't gnronline updated with the new florida shows??

Huh
Chief
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2006, 01:25:07 PM »

well, they're a little... slow.

Huh

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2006, 01:29:57 PM »

well, they're a little... slow.

Huh

Same reason the site still sports the 2002 World Tour Logo Wink
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »

you will feel the pyro anywhere you sit.

at least i did in ny at hammerstein ballroom.

i was on the floor for one show and then sat in mezz 2 the next show and you could still feel it.

Then I want to feel the heat from the November Rainsparks. Getting in the front row was my point. However I am too old and impatience though to deal with a GA floor. Lower level front row may be the case if all the shows are GA on the floor (and its looking like it so far, Reno is the only show that is reserved). 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2006, 03:09:39 PM »

ok this is not high...
high is steven adler playing in a club in mexico for 110 bucks..! THAT'S EXPENSIVE!

are you from Mexico? do you think Guns will play here?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2006, 03:35:47 PM »

I believe they will eventually.  It makes sense if they are also going to south america.

ok this is not high...
high is steven adler playing in a club in mexico for 110 bucks..! THAT'S EXPENSIVE!

are you from Mexico? do you think Guns will play here?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2006, 04:01:16 PM »

All you motherfuckers that keep complaining bout the prices you need to zip it man cuase if gnr weren't? touring you'd al be like man when are they gonna tour and now that they're touring ur compling bout the prices? If u wished so much about them touring and they tour your obviously gonna go and not care for the prices of the tickets if you where real fans you would not be complaining, your all just a bunch double talkin jive motherfuckers!

Axl?

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2006, 04:17:09 PM »

$75?

That works out to ?40.

That's how much tickets for the U.K tour were.

Quit whining.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2006, 04:22:33 PM »

Hell, I would like them to be $20 which is about what I paid to see them in 1988 but that is just a dream gone far away. 

But I agree with you they should lower the GA price a tad, because technically without seats on the floor I think that increases the capacity the floor can handle. 

hihi at least my price is reasonable hihi peace I wouldn't be happy about spending $60 but i would....I'd LIKE it to be a free show...i saw Vince Neil for free a couple weeks ago...and he played mostly Crue stuff and he also took an O2 break every couple tunes ....gnr is doing pretty much the same thing aren't they? And Vince sounded amazing and his guitarist is prolly better than Robin too Wink nervous peace

dude i guarantee you this is way bigger and better than the Vince Neil show.  ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »

Hell, I would like them to be $20 which is about what I paid to see them in 1988 but that is just a dream gone far away.?

But I agree with you they should lower the GA price a tad, because technically without seats on the floor I think that increases the capacity the floor can handle.?

dude i guarantee you this is way bigger and better than the Vince Neil show.? ok

Grin well duh, Vince only had 3 other guys with him hihi and you can't beat free...leaves more $$$ for beer Wink

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2006, 04:39:38 PM »

has anyone seen the prices to see Supernova........................last I saw they were over 220$ for the radio city music hall show. THIS is GNR we are talking about, the prices are mild compared to whats goin out there right now!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: