Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:33:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228479 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Prices To High?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Prices To High?  (Read 14664 times)
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 09:02:45 AM »

ok this is not high...
high is steven adler playing in a club in mexico for 110 bucks..! THAT'S EXPENSIVE!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 09:23:49 AM »

I don't think ticket prices for GNR are high at all. $75 is the highest thus far...I paid $100 to sit on the floor for Bon Jovi.

And take a look at what bands like U2 charge for ticket prices, they're out of control.

Are ticket prices too high in general? Depends on who you like. Im a heavy metal fan and a lot of the bands I see charge less than $30. But I mean, if you like Elton John for instance, his floor tickets are up to $300.

It all depends on who you like

I agree. The ticket prices seem perfectly normal to me. If you can't pay that then grab the tickets that are $30-40. But personally, I'll be glad to drop down $75 to be up close.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 09:30:38 AM »

its pretty standard really. they can't realistically charge much less than the normal going rate otherwise they are gonna lose a lot of cash.

the cheapest tickets btw are in the $35 range.

i just saw Tool and the prices they charged were comparable to GNR.

Chief, you went to the Staples shows?? Thursday or Friday?? Cheesy

By the way, GN'R tix are dirt cheap compared to other bands.? $450 will get you on the floor at a Rolling Stones show, while $75 will get you on the floor for a GN'R gig. ok

The Stones are a much bigger band than GN'R and have been around for 40yrs. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 10:03:54 AM »

If anyone thinks the ticket prices are too high, then don't go.  There will be plenty of people who will think its reasonable and will pay.  It supply and demand folks....if there are more people willing to pay top dollar then those that aren't, then prices on anything will be higher.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
madagas
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2006, 10:06:01 AM »

Don't speak too soon..........we'll see what ticket sales are....still no album or single. Angry Prices may be too high for current demand. We don't know. Huh
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2006, 10:38:39 AM »

We go from "why is Axl just sitting at home and not touring like he should" to "the ticket prices are too high".? Roll Eyes

If you think the prices are too high, don't go. That's the easiest way you can protest.

You'll just regret it later.

They're scheduled to play a bunch of shows in California and Nevada as well as three shows in Florida. Who knows when those areas will get the same amount of dates again.

/jarmo

don't get me wrong, but you miss the point. it's not a whining about the high ticket prices, we (as i think am not alone with this) are just of the opinion that we fans get milked (first by the record comapnies, secondly by the bands). of course we are paying because we want to see the band, but i can't attend all the concerts i'd like to see. it's just a fact that tickets are more expensive that 10/15 years ago (more than the inflation).
i only wanted to state it as a fact. it's a generell problem. that's all.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2006, 10:41:13 AM »

Higher than I'd like but not TOO high....Rolling Stones, U2, Madonna....they have prices that are too high hihi

pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2006, 11:13:03 AM »

prices for all concerts around the world are way too high! and why should they lower their prices when everybody is buying the tickets!! don't blame the band, but the promotors or everybody else who organises concerts! start the revolution right now!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »

prices for all concerts around the world are way too high! and why should they lower their prices when everybody is buying the tickets!! don't blame the band, but the promotors or everybody else who organises concerts! start the revolution right now!!!

well fans download instead of buying albums=less revenue from albums sales=higher rates for bands to play concerts=more money for promoters to shell out=higher ticket prices

don't blame the promoters....blame everybody who wants to save $15 and decides to DL albums instead of supporting the bands they like...i mean everybody downloads shit, but when a band I like releases something, i buy it

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2006, 11:25:31 AM »

From an average fans perspective (which I am not), an unknown / unheard lineup of the band (to most people), no new album for fifteen years, and a history of cancellations, riots, stormoffs and late arrivals, ticket prices are fairly expensive : aren't the most expensive Vegas tickets something like $177? Axl's market standing has plummeted as a result of his absence and whilst there is a lot of good faith for the band, this puts them selling - in some markets - less than a tenth of the amount of tickets they were on the UYI tour. 

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2006, 11:33:29 AM »

GNR has to cover the $13 million CD tab somehow.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »

Pearl Jam , who at the moment are a lot more popular than Gn't charge a top ticket price of about $40.
Pearl Jam's 'Greatest Hits' album, released in 2004 (sames year as GN'R's), went platinum in the U.S.A. while the Guns N' Roses 'Greatest Hits' album has gone triple platinum in the U.S. Your statement is not supported accurately. Clearly this is just your invalid opinion...

Hahaha. That is fucking awesome. I love when someone gets so completely owned. Man first good laugh of the day.

...oh and I am seeing GNR in 4 days bitches!!!! ...and to keep this on topic. I spent 300 for 2 tickets.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
misfitx77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2006, 11:44:31 AM »

Die hard fans will pay $75, the general public probably won't.  That being said, the venues will be half full just like in 2002.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »

Die hard fans will pay $75, the general public probably won't.? That being said, the venues will be half full just like in 2002.

My show is sold out grandma.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2006, 11:47:43 AM »

Die hard fans will pay $75, the general public probably won't.  That being said, the venues will be half full just like in 2002.

great point.  People you dont follow GNR like the way we do, probably figure theyre not going to pay 75 + to see GNR.  They should continue to do what they did in NYC, small venue great view from anywhere at $63

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2006, 11:53:54 AM »

well fans download instead of buying albums=less revenue from albums sales=higher rates for bands to play concerts=more money for promoters to shell out=higher ticket prices

don't blame the promoters....blame everybody who wants to save $15 and decides to DL albums instead of supporting the bands they like...i mean everybody downloads shit, but when a band I like releases something, i buy it
You couldn't be more right!!        The music industry suffers so much due to the downloaders, why do you think Axl hates them so much.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2006, 11:55:20 AM »

I believe ticket prices are "too high" to sell out arena sized venues. ?I am willing to pay $75 for a good floor seat and I assume most people here are, but you need a lot more buyers than us hardcore fans to fill arenas. ?If the album comes out near the beginning of the tour I can see the shows selling well, but with no new album I think there will be a LOT of empty seats.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2006, 11:57:44 AM »

lets hope that the VMA appearance will remind the less die-hards than us of our lovely Axl and how great he looked and they will get enthusiastic at the chance to see the great Guns n' Roses rock their town, regardless of the price. ?Am guessing a lot of general fans wouldnt have heard just how mind-blowing the euro/UK tour was here - spread the word guys!

ticket prices are too high for every fkr who puts out just one album these days. ?Indeed, thank god it aint madonna or U2 - they seriously take the piss.
back in early 90's , I would have cheerfully sold a family member to get to Wembley or milton Keynes Guns gigs (in fact, I think tried to...). ?if you wanna go, then you find a way.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2006, 12:12:59 PM »

This line-up is not worth that much money unless they plan on playing more new material than any old.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2006, 12:35:09 PM »

First time I saw VR I paid $25 and was in the second row. On the other hand, I recently paid $77 to see Tom Petty. So in comparison GNR tickets are reasonably priced for a big name. I see washed up has beens charge way more.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: