Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:51:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Prices To High?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Prices To High?  (Read 14621 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 02:03:43 AM »

Anyone else think GN'R is pushing it with these ticket prices?  The 02' tour wasn't exactly a success and still with no release date I don't know if people , in the US, will be jumping to see them.  Don't get me wrong if they come around Minneapolis I'll be there but I would feel alot more comfortable with lower prices and an album out. I don't think they should have tickets for $79.  I just went to Bob Dylan and his ticets were $50 and I thougt that was a little high and tha's Dylan.  What do you think?

Seems like all tickets are expensive these days...........at least in comparison to what I used to pay as a kid.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 02:08:47 AM »

hahahah! good one !  yeah there's always something to complain about it seems..

but i definitely don't think GNR is being way out of line price wise.  now mccartney and the stones, they are just ridiculous!

All you motherfuckers that keep complaining bout the prices you need to zip it man cuase if gnr weren't  touring you'd al be like man when are they gonna tour and now that they're touring ur compling bout the prices? If u wished so much about them touring and they tour your obviously gonna go and not care for the prices of the tickets if you where real fans you would not be complaining, your all just a bunch double talkin jive motherfuckers!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Judy Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 02:20:36 AM »

I'd pawn my soul if I could for some tickets! Do you not get it when you go buy tickets for The Stones who ur gonna fucken see?? Do you not get it that ur gonna be in the presence of living rock n' roll legends?? You can all just stay in ur house and sit on ur ass wishing you where there!

Chief
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 02:28:50 AM »

i've seen both of those bands already so personally i don't think its worth it to go again.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 03:24:13 AM »

ticket prices are in gernell too high. i remember paying approx. 30 dollars f?r die 1992 UYI-ticket. it was the most expensive one. but nowadays prices are way out.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 03:46:26 AM »

ticket prices are in gernell too high. i remember paying approx. 30 dollars f?r die 1992 UYI-ticket. it was the most expensive one. but nowadays prices are way out.
14 years ago... Roll Eyes

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 04:01:19 AM »

14 years ago... Roll Eyes
ha, seriously!   Aside from the vegas shows, all the shows look relatively inexpensive.  and the vegas shows are worth the face value of the ticket and then some.  yes
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 04:33:37 AM »

Anyone else think GN'R is pushing it with these ticket prices?  The 02' tour wasn't exactly a success and still with no release date I don't know if people , in the US, will be jumping to see them.  Don't get me wrong if they come around Minneapolis I'll be there but I would feel alot more comfortable with lower prices and an album out. I don't think they should have tickets for $79.  I just went to Bob Dylan and his ticets were $50 and I thougt that was a little high and tha's Dylan.  What do you think?

so what, you dont live in Australia, our prices r' fucked up, CD's n' shit too no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 05:34:40 AM »

I don't think ticket prices for GNR are high at all. $75 is the highest thus far...I paid $100 to sit on the floor for Bon Jovi.

And take a look at what bands like U2 charge for ticket prices, they're out of control.

Are ticket prices too high in general? Depends on who you like. Im a heavy metal fan and a lot of the bands I see charge less than $30. But I mean, if you like Elton John for instance, his floor tickets are up to $300.

It all depends on who you like

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 07:04:46 AM »

We go from "why is Axl just sitting at home and not touring like he should" to "the ticket prices are too high".  Roll Eyes

If you think the prices are too high, don't go. That's the easiest way you can protest.

You'll just regret it later.

They're scheduled to play a bunch of shows in California and Nevada as well as three shows in Florida. Who knows when those areas will get the same amount of dates again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 07:32:49 AM »

Anyone else think GN'R is pushing it with these ticket prices?? The 02' tour wasn't exactly a success and still with no release date I don't know if people , in the US, will be jumping to see them.? Don't get me wrong if they come around Minneapolis I'll be there but I would feel alot more comfortable with lower prices and an album out. I don't think they should have tickets for $79.? I just went to Bob Dylan and his ticets were $50 and I thougt that was a little high and tha's Dylan.? What do you think?

ticket prices got nothin to do with GNR. pearl jam filed lawsuit against ticketmaster to lower the ticket prices (dont remember what album they were supporting) and lost the case.

edit: Pearl Jam canceled their 1994 summer tour, claiming they could not keep ticket prices below 20 dollars because Ticketmaster was pressuring promoters to charge a higher price. The band took Ticketmaster to the Justice Department for unfair business practices. Pearl Jam continued to battle Ticketmaster in 1995, but the Justice Department eventually ruled in favor of the ticket agency.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:49:17 AM by Big Willie » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 07:33:08 AM »

So damn true jarmo!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 07:42:26 AM »

its not gnr charging that its ticketmaster

umm.. actually it is GNR charging that,

GNR rent out the venue, split the sale of alcohol with the venue and make a certain percentage of the gate (the total tickets sold is the gate)

they make 100% of there own merch.

So GNR probaly priced the tix that high so they could make they most maximum profit off the least number of tickets sold.

make sense?

the only thing ticketmaster charges is handling fess etc

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 07:43:13 AM »

Anyone else think GN'R is pushing it with these ticket prices?? The 02' tour wasn't exactly a success and still with no release date I don't know if people , in the US, will be jumping to see them.? Don't get me wrong if they come around Minneapolis I'll be there but I would feel alot more comfortable with lower prices and an album out. I don't think they should have tickets for $79.? I just went to Bob Dylan and his ticets were $50 and I thougt that was a little high and tha's Dylan.? What do you think?

ticket prices got nothin to do with GNR. pearl jam filed lawsuit against ticketmaster to lower the ticket prices (dont remember what album they were supporting) and lost the case.

The ticket prices have EVERYTHING to do with the band. Pearl Jam was protesting the monopoly that ticketmaster has on most venues.
As for my earlier statement I wasn't talking about album sales, but if you want to compare those, Pearl Jam since 91 has released several albums that have outsold GnR greatest hits including: VS. and Vitalogy.
As far as ticket sales go, Pearl Jam is a way bigger draw than Gn'R in 2006.
If GnR wanted to they could have set their top ticket price at a reasonable amount.
I can't stand Korn, but they made $10 lawn seats available so that their fans could see them , Deftones, Stone Sour etc, on Family Values 06.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 07:47:56 AM »

GNR rent out the venue, split the sale of alcohol with the venue and make a certain percentage of the gate (the total tickets sold is the gate)

What's the concert promoter's job then?

I assumed, the promoter rents the venue, pays the band and then get back their money from ticket sales. confused

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 07:58:36 AM »

i always assumede the concert promoter made ther money from the service charges? Huh

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
madagas
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 08:33:42 AM »

Promoters set the ticket price. ok
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 08:39:14 AM »

I dont mind the ticket prices, never did, what i hate is the damn sur charges, convience charges, and shipping.  But after all that I ll still buy them. 79+all the charges will be around 100, but its not like we go see GNR every weekend. 

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 08:42:15 AM »

Pearl Jam , who at the moment are a lot more popular than Gn't charge a top ticket price of about $40.
Pearl Jam's 'Greatest Hits' album, released in 2004 (sames year as GN'R's), went platinum in the U.S.A. while the Guns N' Roses 'Greatest Hits' album has gone triple platinum in the U.S. Your statement is not supported accurately. Clearly this is just your invalid opinion...
Huh Huh

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with this one??
sandman
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 08:43:56 AM »

i don't think these prices are too high. gnr is a big band. i believe these prices are in line with other acts. motley crue's tix were similarly prices when they toured last year. ?

i also like the tiered pricing. you can see gnr for $40! that's a pretty good deal. whereas the red hot chili peppers are playing the wachovia center in philly and ALL tix are $63.50.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: