Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 217149 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #2060 on: September 01, 2006, 05:13:14 AM »

great to see this! ?thanks to all who put up links etc and helped out those of us without mtv coverage!

Axl looked great - a little nervous, but he did great. ?good on him for doing that - nice bit of exposure. ?i liked the scream.

i guess the killers must be really nice guys for him to want to do that, as their music BITES!!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2061 on: September 01, 2006, 05:23:48 AM »

my sister has a friend who works for a guy who's wife is married to a bloke who works in a record shop. The guy who works at the record shops says "CD is coming this year.."  hihi
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #2062 on: September 01, 2006, 05:59:38 AM »

I haven't slept at all to see 3 hours of asswholes except 1. What the fuck is going on with today's music? If MTV understands music I know everything about how rice is picked up. I feel so damn angry about the Red Hot Chili Peppers. This was the best song during the whole year and they gave the award to some morons that think themselves as cool. The only person that deserves his award was James Blaunt! And what're all these shits with being bad? LL Cool J, the stupid Snoop Dog, Black Eyed and all the fucking people acted like frauds. The music is definitely not affecting the world anymore. Jesus fucking Christ! I'm really shocked and pissed off. 90% of the show was "Make some noise" and "What's up MTV?" It would be funny if it wasn't sad. I bet noone except Jack Black knew who Axl Rose was. And I'm glad seeing him like that because he still kicks asses. And YES, if I was waiting one more hour with all that crap I would totally jump out from the window. Fuckin' shit!

I couldn't agree more. The show was beyond awful, and music is in a serious state of jeopardy. I watched the show from beginning to end just to see Axl, and to wake up this morning and find out that the only info we got was "this year" and I would have had to watch the internet stream to find that out?!?

I'm glad that a full blown tour is in effect, but today is September 1st and that gives Guns and Roses exactly 4 months to get this album out. You'd think a date would surface, but it hasn't. 4 months isn't a long period of time, especially when everyone will be pushing their products for holiday releases.

I for one am starting to get nervous.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #2063 on: September 01, 2006, 06:00:41 AM »

When axl came up it was around 7am.Iwas gonna throw up for watching all those rap crap. Thething that really got on my nerves was there was two presenters left, j lo and axl.I thought axl was going to present the best video award.I said yeah good publicity.So the killers thing was a dissapointment 4 me.But the worst was yet to come.wtf was that scream.It was like mickey mouse with a bad throat.I've read a couple of your post guys, and i guess i am the only person who thinks axl shouldn't have associated with this vma crap. He clearly didn't fit (thank god!)

Axl:When did you see me overreact
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2064 on: September 01, 2006, 06:13:11 AM »

Anyone got an audio clip of Axl's scream?
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2065 on: September 01, 2006, 06:16:42 AM »

http://www.menocu.com/debonbon/axl_mtv.flv

Right click and save. youll need a flash video player like VLC. Google it. Also I cant keep this up long. Get it while you can.

well i have the file, now how to play it. So far no luck, flv players are not easy to find. Many sites claim to have such a player, no far none have delivered? peace

with these kind files, YouTube is the way to go. Over on AFCollection someone has shared out on Megaupload, again, download exceeded? peace

FLV player (and it downloads and works and is easy to use)? beer
http://www.wimpyplayer.com/products/wimpy_standalone_flv_player.html

unzip the file and click on the icon (no install required) and drag the axl_mtv.flv clip into the window? Smiley

Thank you so much for the link i tried to see the show, but after an hour my brain just started to melt i couldn't stand another minute, fergi's london bridge and that MCR thing with a corus of children dressed as skeltons was just to much. I'm just gone wait for the 300 reruns of the show see it 30 minutes before the end and hear the infamous screem you're all talking about.
CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS COMING, maybe next year there will be acctually a good reason to watch the F**king VMA'S.
Origen
« Reply #2066 on: September 01, 2006, 06:17:34 AM »

Anyone got an audio clip of Axl's scream?

It's in the Appetite for collection section
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2067 on: September 01, 2006, 06:18:11 AM »

http://bk5.free.fr/snow/BR_source.html

Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #2068 on: September 01, 2006, 06:19:48 AM »

my sister has a friend who works for a guy who's wife is married to a bloke who works in a record shop. The guy who works at the record shops says "CD is coming this year.."? hihi

if this is a joke, it's not even remotely funny, it's been done to death here. Find your way to mygnrforum, please!!!

Behold, the evil that men do...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2069 on: September 01, 2006, 06:42:58 AM »

The place went dead after Axl's scream. I think he thought everyone would start cheering etc but it just fell silent.
Death Cube K
« Reply #2070 on: September 01, 2006, 06:50:04 AM »

Well, I dont think the scream was very successfull...didnt work the way he wanted it too I guess. Besides that it rocked.
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #2071 on: September 01, 2006, 06:53:30 AM »

Here's it on youtube
assuming no one posted it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsV5Mrd8E08

Axl:When did you see me overreact
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2072 on: September 01, 2006, 07:02:20 AM »

Well, I dont think the scream was very successfull...didnt work the way he wanted it too I guess. Besides that it rocked.

It all seemed awkward and forced to me, and Axl came off as more than a little uncomfortable.  That said, the appearance still served its purpose - reminding everyone that Axl and GnR are out there as we approach the CD release date...
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2073 on: September 01, 2006, 07:05:42 AM »

Here's it on youtube
assuming no one posted it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsV5Mrd8E08

..that must have felt weird, doing the Jungle thing without the band being there. It was ok. I had pictured Axl walking onto a stage and handing the Killers and award and then having to stand around behind them while they (the Killers) take the lime light. I guess it wasn't like that at all? peace
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 07:13:54 AM by codenameninja » Logged
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2074 on: September 01, 2006, 07:07:57 AM »

my sister has a friend who works for a guy who's wife is married to a bloke who works in a record shop. The guy who works at the record shops says "CD is coming this year.."? hihi

if this is a joke, it's not even remotely funny, it's been done to death here. Find your way to mygnrforum, please!!!

it was a joke..
it was not supposed to be funny..
it was my level of sarcasm aimed at all those whole write this type of BS over and over  Grin
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #2075 on: September 01, 2006, 07:08:30 AM »

I can't belive people are happy about what went down tonight. He didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2076 on: September 01, 2006, 07:11:17 AM »

I can't belive people are happy about what went down tonight. He didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

He confirmed the plan still is to release Chinede Democracy this year. How many were wondering about the release date until last night?

He mentioned the tour starting on October 24th. I bet you didn't know that date.

Now you don't need to come up with your theories about what might happen. Now you got to hear it from Axl himself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #2077 on: September 01, 2006, 07:13:44 AM »

Absolutaly Jarmo.

Atleast he made an appearance, atleast we know hes well and when the tours starts. Some people expect to much!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #2078 on: September 01, 2006, 07:22:15 AM »

Ya the tour start date was a bit of a suprise.so we did get a date just not one some wanted.

You could see after he did the scream,he was kind of waiting and the response wasn't what he hoped.He looked really uncomfortable.

So now we can take it the shows before hand are warm-ups,Arco arena in sacramento is a big gaff to have a warm up show. 
Origen
« Reply #2079 on: September 01, 2006, 07:22:28 AM »

It will be interesting to see if the album is here before the main tour kicks off (24th Oct)
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: