Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 216840 times)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1920 on: September 01, 2006, 12:17:58 AM »

Better, perhaps he was showing up for the Killers and not the board members
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #1921 on: September 01, 2006, 12:18:10 AM »

I wasn't expecting them to play.  Axl himself said the last time they appeared it was a catastrophe.  I doubt Axl would want to go back on MTV and risk it again before the album is out.  The mere fact that he confirmed CD's release this year is good news.  If it is released in the next few months, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the VMA's next year...as performers. 
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1922 on: September 01, 2006, 12:18:20 AM »

www.vma.mtv.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1923 on: September 01, 2006, 12:18:53 AM »

honestly, why did he have to be there???

he presented a fucking band and screamed. anyone could do that.

id rather he hadnt shown up at all then do next to nothing

Well you're in the vast minority there my man. ?Too bad you wasted your time. ?I'm pleased on the other hand. ?You people expected way too much and I really can't believe it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1924 on: September 01, 2006, 12:19:03 AM »

I watched the VMA's prerecorded on my Tivo-like device. ?I fast forwarded through most of the bullshit. ?There was a a few good moments (Jack White and his band). ?I saw Axl. ?It was cool to see him up there.

Axl didn't and doesn't need the VMAs for Chinese Democracy. ?It was only a waste for those who find comfort in the "Fergie" and "Diddy." ? ?I, for myself, feel great about his interview, and his few simple words, and that alone is enough to keep the excitement and hope high.

No bullshitter on this board, negative as always, can keep me down. ? ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1925 on: September 01, 2006, 12:19:36 AM »

Axl made a lot of new fans tonight. ?I got some stories to tell you guys tomorrow!!!
« Reply #1926 on: September 01, 2006, 12:20:13 AM »

He didn't have to be there. He chose to be there. Because he felt like it.
Maybe he should run all of his decisions by you in the future, god knows
he wouldn't want to live his own life and upset some messageboard troll.
ben9785
« Reply #1927 on: September 01, 2006, 12:20:34 AM »

he presented a fucking band and screamed. anyone could do that.

id rather he hadnt shown up at all then do next to nothing

Because he was invited to go, and he wanted to
Didn't you see / hear about the backstage interview? We didn't get a exact release date, but before anything else, he spoke
He was not obliged to do that at all, but he chose to talk about it. If it was advertised as Guns N Roses coming on, then its a different story. I was hoping for something special too, but I'm happy cus I got what I was hoping for at least, a short interview
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1928 on: September 01, 2006, 12:20:40 AM »

You guys are ridiculous to expect Axl to show up to a fucking awards show for the entire music industry and take his 1 minute to enlighten the crowd with his plans for the future. ?Keep dreaming. ?There's a time, and a place. ?And neither were even close to being tonight AT the VMA's.

why the hell not? besides the diehards, noone even knows who gnr are anymore. this is evident that they havent sold out in the states yet. this was the most exposure he possibly could get, and he squanders it.

If he comes out and says "CD will be here November 13!" or something, then everyone remembers that this band exists and that he means business. this show is the most publicized music show on the planet. it was a great time for exposure.

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1929 on: September 01, 2006, 12:21:03 AM »

Anyone who was genuinely expecting anything more that him presenting was setting themselves up for disappointment. Obviously we all wanted something, but I'm glad he showed up and screamed and acted really awesome. He seemed relaxed and glad to be there. It could have been worse...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #1930 on: September 01, 2006, 12:21:53 AM »

Axl made a lot of new fans tonight.  I got some stories to tell you guys tomorrow!!!
Hook us up with what ya got. You can't leave us hangin man    hihi
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1931 on: September 01, 2006, 12:22:22 AM »

how long in 2 it?Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1932 on: September 01, 2006, 12:23:29 AM »

Axl made a lot of new fans tonight.? I got some stories to tell you guys tomorrow!!!
Hook us up with what ya got. You can't leave us hangin man? ? hihi

The night is still young!!!   beer
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #1933 on: September 01, 2006, 12:23:57 AM »

well i didn't waste my time watching the whole VMAs... but on the other hand i did read this whole thread.

to me the point is that axl said this year... and sure we've been disappointed in the past, but that at least means that Axl himself has reason to believe the album will be out some time in the next 4 months - and thats a good sign. Axl believes its coming out - thats good.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1934 on: September 01, 2006, 12:24:31 AM »

who the fuck is parker??

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #1935 on: September 01, 2006, 12:24:57 AM »

Axl made a lot of new fans tonight.  I got some stories to tell you guys tomorrow!!!
Hook us up with what ya got. You can't leave us hangin man    hihi

The night is still young!!!   beer
Am I reading too much into this, or do I think I know what you're getting at?  hmmm
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1936 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:01 AM »

Axl made a lot of new fans tonight.? I got some stories to tell you guys tomorrow!!!

The night is still young!!!? ?beer

Atleast make a new thread about it tomorrow.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1937 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:18 AM »

Anyone who was genuinely expecting anything more that him presenting was setting themselves up for disappointment. Obviously we all wanted something, but I'm glad he showed up and screamed and acted really awesome. He seemed relaxed and glad to be there. It could have been worse...

I was hoping for a POSSIBLE performance, BUT certainly wasn't expecting a release date or anything of the sort. ?I'm amazed at the number of people who thought they'd find that out tonight. ?It really makes no sense.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1938 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:50 AM »

The night is still young!!!? ?beer

Atleast make a new thread about it tomorrow.

Give us a hint

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
ben9785
« Reply #1939 on: September 01, 2006, 12:26:35 AM »

You guys are ridiculous to expect Axl to show up to a fucking awards show for the entire music industry and take his 1 minute to enlighten the crowd with his plans for the future.  Keep dreaming.  There's a time, and a place.  And neither were even close to being tonight AT the VMA's.

why the hell not? besides the diehards, noone even knows who gnr are anymore. this is evident that they havent sold out in the states yet. this was the most exposure he possibly could get, and he squanders it.

If he comes out and says "CD will be here November 13!" or something, then everyone remembers that this band exists and that he means business. this show is the most publicized music show on the planet. it was a great time for exposure.

Bud you need to take it easy, don't get wound up over it. Remember, he was interviewed. He spoke for us. He wasn't even obliged to do that like I said before. He wasn't advertised as coming on with specific GNR intentions, he was just a guest.

See now if those posters or whatever with his picture saying all will be revealed blah blah blah weren't fake, it would be a different story because if that was the case the only thing that was revealed was that Axl likes the Killers
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: