Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 216919 times)
Onikeus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1900 on: September 01, 2006, 12:07:22 AM »

Man I don't understand some of you guys. The moment he doesn't perform everyone feels let down. And for the record Axl got the BIGGEST applause of the night BY FAR. They wouldn't shut up. If you saw all the other celebs while he was walking to the presenting place they were all glued to him, quite a few stood on their feet and some people were chanting Axl, he was the ONLY guy to get that. He's the real fucking deal. I think he handled it well. He didn't read off a teleprompter which made it natural. I think this was a chance for Axl to show himself to the public, his new look etc. As for his scream not getting a reception. He SCREAMED and didn't wait for an applause and just dove into presenting the Killers. He's a Rockstar, not an MTV tool like 50 cent or Snoop Dogg or Jared Leto, it wasn't a scripted event. He's the real deal. And btw if you looked while JLO was presenting you could see Axl in the background, top left (he was pacing back and forth), as he was standing by don't know if anyone caught that. Anyways this is good PR for the man, now its time his fans grew some balls and supported him.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #1901 on: September 01, 2006, 12:07:55 AM »

First off I think some of you should at least lost some Karma or at least be let go from this community for the way some of you were acting, or treating the Mods tonight. This is Here Today Gone to Hell, not another community where you can run around and act like kindergardners.

I am very surprised Axl showed up to the VMA's, I was doubting this from the announcement, and I need to realize the ball is rolling, and anything can happen.
Look what we found out tonight: Chinese will be THIS YEAR the man said it himself. I feel as if he could at least gave us the offical date, but hell we all know its gonna happen this year so now between Sept 1 and Dec 31 we can look forward to finally getting some music.
The US tour offically kicks off October 24th!!! This is great news for us in the states ready to jam with this band.

We got more than what we could of asked for tonight from Axl. He spoke! Just everyone please calm down and respect this place. Things are going to be very crazy over the next months but Please lets keep this a safe and fun place to hang around.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #1902 on: September 01, 2006, 12:08:49 AM »

Axl got one of the best ovations tonight, I am not sure what some of ?you were watching. At first people were quiet because they were in shock here was there.

I was watching...the reaction was fine, but it wasn't crazy. ?It was a "warm" reception imo. ?

Well most of the crowd is into rap and R and B what do you expect?

True. ?I wasn't expecting the crowd to go wild. ?Overall, it was a good appearance by Axl given the circumstances. ?Also, the interview with Norris was the most positive thing to happen in a long time. ?Now we finally hear from the horse's mouth that the album is supposed to be out this year. ?That's a lot better than saying "soon isn't the word." ?
robinfinckfan
« Reply #1903 on: September 01, 2006, 12:09:07 AM »

how does this work?
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #1904 on: September 01, 2006, 12:09:28 AM »

We should be happy. Axl was on national TV for the first time in 4 years, right? And we bitch. Yet, we still claim to be the band's biggest fans. Axl can't win around here. Everything he does isn't good enough for most. So, we've waited a decade for CD; I think we can wait another month or two.

TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #1905 on: September 01, 2006, 12:09:36 AM »

I think this whole thing's awesome.  Axl is so fucking great.  He was genuine and real and didn't fucking read off some teleprompter.  Probably the only one all night that was real.   It was great. peace
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #1906 on: September 01, 2006, 12:09:48 AM »

When did Jordan Catalano start wearing make-up?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #1907 on: September 01, 2006, 12:10:22 AM »

Tonight accomplished nothing, and anyone who thinks it did is fooling themselves.

I don't care if he said the album will be out this year.. when Buckethead quit the band Axl said we'd get a release date within 3 months.. two years later and I'm still waiting on that.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1908 on: September 01, 2006, 12:11:06 AM »

Tonight accomplished nothing, and anyone who thinks it did is fooling themselves.

I don't care if he said the album will be out this year.. when Buckethead quit the band Axl said we'd get a release date within 3 months.. two years later and I'm still waiting on that.

Nobody wants to remember that!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1909 on: September 01, 2006, 12:11:45 AM »

I don't know about you guys but I think I lost 20 IQ points by watching the VMA's. ?Thank God Axl showed up or I would have lost it. ?
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1910 on: September 01, 2006, 12:12:40 AM »

I complete agree.

"OMG! Axl screamed! On MTV! He's a genius!"

No hes not. he didnt do shit. tonight was a huge waste.

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1911 on: September 01, 2006, 12:13:09 AM »

Yeah, it seemed there were two groups predicting what would happen. One side said exactly nothing (which was how it was advertised) and the other side ran with all kinds of wild speculation from Axl announcing the date to a reunion with Slash. (Around page 40 of the other thread I said nothing would happen. Heck I'm just surprised he showed up.) People should just enjoy the fact that nothing went wrong and he did about the best you can introducing someone.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1912 on: September 01, 2006, 12:13:17 AM »

Me too, do you have to register? Cant someone put it on YOUTUBE? Please!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #1913 on: September 01, 2006, 12:14:22 AM »

I complete agree.

Some of you people are scary as hell!  Who cares man!!!  Take your medications.
« Reply #1914 on: September 01, 2006, 12:14:35 AM »

he didnt do shit. tonight was a huge waste.
What a pity that he didn't take over the show, present a four-hour GNR retrospective, announce a release date, reunite with the old line-up and perform a set of entirely new songs, just for you.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1915 on: September 01, 2006, 12:14:57 AM »

Not scary, just stupid. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1916 on: September 01, 2006, 12:15:32 AM »

I complete agree.

You guys are ridiculous to expect Axl to show up to a fucking awards show for the entire music industry and take his 1 minute to enlighten the crowd with his plans for the future. ?Keep dreaming. ?There's a time, and a place. ?And neither were even close to being tonight AT the VMA's.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1917 on: September 01, 2006, 12:16:16 AM »

we is the link on VMA???

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1918 on: September 01, 2006, 12:16:23 AM »

honestly, why did he have to be there???

he presented a fucking band and screamed. anyone could do that.

id rather he hadnt shown up at all then do next to nothing

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1919 on: September 01, 2006, 12:17:20 AM »

So can anyone can tell me when does Axl do his presentation i dont want to waste my time watching stupid bands.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: