Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:20:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 217020 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1820 on: August 31, 2006, 11:39:04 PM »

Well I was right about the Killers.

Told you so, it wasnt just piecing Mysterons post about them together, it just made sense for him to introduce that band.

Word,

Jimmer

Roll Eyes

(sorry Jarmo- I know you hate just emoticon responses, but after the shit I told you guys today, I thought it was appropriate to this post.
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1821 on: August 31, 2006, 11:39:20 PM »

He probably got the biggest reception of any presenter tonight, stop bitching. Everyone on the MTV post show said they were just standing around staring at him.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1822 on: August 31, 2006, 11:39:43 PM »

He expression seemed to me to say that he didn't get the reaction he wanted Sad

Axl Rose fuckin RULES, the idots there just don't know anything beyond rap? rant

are you kidding? It was a very warm reception.

He did get a good reception I thought. ?I saw a lot of people standing up when Axl came out.

Ali

He got a warm reception, yes, but not an overwhelming reception. ?

In all fairness, he wasn't performing, just presenting. ?The reception GN'R got in 2002, that was overwhelming. ?People were going ape-shit then because they were performing. ?People don't generally watch these shows for the presenters. ?They watch them for the performances and to see who wins the awards.

Ali
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #1823 on: August 31, 2006, 11:39:52 PM »

IT was awsome to see AXL, but I thought his scream was horrible., TOO high and off key. I cringed when i heard it. Nice to see axl again.. he should warm up b4 screaming again.

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #1824 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:01 PM »

Cheers Jarmo.

I came in here via boards and not the front. My bad.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1825 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:14 PM »

half those kids probly never heard of him...

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1826 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:21 PM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UMI2F88I

theres a vid I took for everyone, off my cam so it's not the greatest but it'll do for now! :-)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1827 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:27 PM »

Awesome stuff. ?Fuck the haters. ?I was watching the "back-stage internet feed," and after the show each of the 4 or 5 back-stage vj/hosts were asked what their highlight of the night was. ?The hot chick in the gold dress said it was easily Axl Rose..."He stole the show."
Hot chicks love GNR! ?

Axl's got a stage presence that the younger set just doesn't have. ?The wait is almost over. ?Real rock is almost back!!!

Yeah, my heart skipped a beat for a second with the scream. ?He ended it quickly...god damn I can't wait to see them live again in the Fall!!! ? drool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1828 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:32 PM »

IT was awsome to see AXL, but I thought his scream was horrible., TOO high and off key. I cringed when i heard it.

Same here.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1829 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:48 PM »

Stop all the negative garbage, what did you people expect. Axl did what he was supposed to do. Axl was great

Mtv is bascially BET.

I did not hear any good music the whole 3 hours I was tuned in except for the WTJ inro and when the guy from zz top jammed for 30 seconds

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1830 on: August 31, 2006, 11:41:15 PM »

IT was awsome to see AXL, but I thought his scream was horrible., TOO high and off key. I cringed when i heard it. Nice to see axl again.. he should warm up b4 screaming again.

yup...and i'm not a hater...seem them twice at hammerstein and he didn't sound like that.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1831 on: August 31, 2006, 11:41:28 PM »

Why are people bitching?? He said CD is coming out this year. Would you rather he used the same words he used in 2002. Probably. Then you could bitch some more. He said the tour doesn't start until Oct. 24th, which happens to be a tuesday. Very interesting comment. He didnt have to say any of this shit. He could have presented an award, and left. He didnt. Be grateful for once.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1832 on: August 31, 2006, 11:41:36 PM »

i think it could`ve been a lot worse than "it is this year" hihi

i`m ABSOLUTELY happy with that, because i know which CD will lead me into the new year ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1833 on: August 31, 2006, 11:42:57 PM »

Why are people bitching?? He said CD is coming out this year. Would you rather he used the same words he used in 2002. Probably. Then you could bitch some more. He said the tour doesn't start until Oct. 24th, which happens to be a tuesday. Very interesting comment. He didnt have to say any of this shit. He could have presented an award, and left. He didnt. Be grateful for once.

you don`t get the point james hihi

axl was supposed to reunite with bucket and perform there was a time, better, my michelle with bach and sweet child o`mine there. and well... he fucked up and just introduced the closing act...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1834 on: August 31, 2006, 11:43:01 PM »

Oh God. I was so busy watching the awful show that I missed the interview. ?Cry
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1835 on: August 31, 2006, 11:43:39 PM »

Just to clear up my stand on it....

I thought Axl was great, laid back, and his scream was awesome. ?He was the best damn presenter there!

I feel like that the audience wasn't as loud as they should or could have been.

I'm still an Axl lover ?love

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Onikeus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1836 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:04 PM »

Man I don't understand some of you guys. The moment he doesn't perform everyone feels let down. And for the record Axl got the BIGGEST applause of the night BY FAR. They wouldn't shut up. If you saw all the other celebs while he was walking to the presenting place they were all glued to him, quite a few stood on their feet. He's the real fucking deal. I think he handled it well. He didn't read off a teleprompter which made it natural. I think this was a chance for Axl to show himself to the public, his new look etc. As for his scream not getting a reception. He SCREAMED and didn't wait for an applause and just dove into presenting the Killers. He's a Rockstar, not an MTV tool like 50 cent or Snoop Dogg or Jared Leto, it wasn't a scripted event. He's the real deal. And btw if you looked while JLO was presenting you could see Axl in the background, top left (he was pacing back and forth), as he was standing by don't know if anyone caught that. Anyways this is good PR for the man, now its time his fans grew some balls and supported him.
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #1837 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:10 PM »

yeah wtf i missed the interview, is it online yet? im searching mtv right now but its hard to sift through all the shit on that site. ?hihi
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #1838 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »

Axl4Prez...looks like you owe your co-worker $.25 cents ? Grin ?Of all the things Axl could have said, he had to drop the 'F-bomb' in the most traditional of ways.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1839 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:44 PM »

yup...and i'm not a hater...seem them twice at hammerstein and he didn't sound like that.

This isn't his show, he wasn't wearing in ear monitors.....

Just some minor details. I'm sure it's nothing that makes any sense to you.

Axl is presenting and decides to have some fun by using the intro from Jungle, but that's not good. It's too high... He should've just stayed at home because you didn't get what you demanded from him. ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: