Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 217040 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1800 on: August 31, 2006, 11:34:24 PM »

he was asked to present an award and he did.....

people, think first, before you start the bashing. it`s not cool to announce the release date for a CD while introducing a different band. the problem is that lots of fans on this board are so desperated, that any time axl ever says anything and doesn`t ANNOUNCE the release date, they?re dissapointed....... but what the hell....

i think his way of introducing them was really cool. he was himself, which is a rarely seen thing at shows like that. and i appreciate that.... he even looked a bit shy imo hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1801 on: August 31, 2006, 11:34:47 PM »

He expression seemed to me to say that he didn't get the reaction he wanted Sad

Axl Rose fuckin RULES, the idots there just don't know anything beyond rap? rant

are you kidding? It was a very warm reception.

He did get a good reception I thought. ?I saw a lot of people standing up when Axl came out.

Ali
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1802 on: August 31, 2006, 11:34:58 PM »

I hope 100 pages later you folks are satisfied lol
ben9785
« Reply #1803 on: August 31, 2006, 11:35:09 PM »

I know many of you expected a lot more, but that "do you know where the fuck you are?" was priceless, in my opinion.  Great job Axl!

you know what the honest truth is that i kind of imagined for a second if he just belted out 'do you know where the fuck you are' before presenting the award or something like that....i swear i had a vision of that.. thats funny

anyway thanks for the updates. unless there's something in the post show, that's probably it, but we're lucky there was the small backstage interview..
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #1804 on: August 31, 2006, 11:35:30 PM »

Well I was right about the Killers.

Told you so, it wasnt just piecing Mysterons post about them together, it just made sense for him to introduce that band.

Word,

Jimmer

Fuck All Y'all
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1805 on: August 31, 2006, 11:35:35 PM »

Axl Rose fuckin RULES, the idots there just don't know anything beyond rap ?rant

I thought the reaction was fine. There were no boos or anything. He looked great. I'm still hoping for more on the post show.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #1806 on: August 31, 2006, 11:35:48 PM »

Biggest letdown in GNR history?? Pretty close.

I can't for the life of me, figure out this kind of attitude. ?That was fun for Axl, and very cool. ?They will play live next year, when they win an award. ?Actually, Axl is just being himself, and enjoying being a musician again.

Cool. ?Maybe they will show the interview on TV
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1807 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:12 PM »

You call that a let down?....it was better than I expected because I expected him to just introduce the band....but when he walked on he stood there for quite a time (not ages but never mind) before the crowd quitened down. Then he let rip with "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE?!?!?!"....that made me sit up in my seat!....that was freakin awesome!...and it show's that Axl's still got the voice for all those doubters in the audience....shame it was full of RnB/Hip Hop lovers who wouldn't know good music if the were standing infront of the speakers at a GnR concert...

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #1808 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:22 PM »

Axl:

"Do you know where the fuck you are??!!

I don't think I'm really much of a presenter, I was asked to do this and I really wasn't sure about it, but then I met these guys this weekend and they were such great guys that, I decided to get off my butt and get out here and do this ... So without wasting any more time ... the Killers!"

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1809 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:27 PM »

Axl Rose fuckin RULES, the idots there just don't know anything beyond rap? rant

are you kidding? It was a very warm reception.

He did get a good reception I thought. ?I saw a lot of people standing up when Axl came out.

Ali

He got a warm reception, yes, but not an overwhelming reception. ?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1810 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:35 PM »

I was watching it on the internet on the back stage pass so I couldn't really tell the reaction by the fans. ?To someone who was watching it, was the crowd loud at all?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #1811 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »

I think it was awesome. He came out, did the scream, and then explained how he doesn't usually do these sort of things. You saw him transition from rockstar to presenter. It was great. He said what he wanted to say backstage, and did what he was there to do. I think it was just fine.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1812 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:55 PM »

to a crowd who was about 5 or 6 in his prime it was an amazing reaction ,standing ovation. Axl rules , he used the priceless scream and got to the point. Changed man he is  beer
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #1813 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:57 PM »

What was said in the interview?

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1814 on: August 31, 2006, 11:37:21 PM »

Somebody hurry up and youtube it! I wanna see!
jthunders13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1815 on: August 31, 2006, 11:37:25 PM »

for those who didn't see

jack black: and ?a man who welcomed us to the jungle...axl rose

axl enters from side of stage...wearing one of the open dress shirts and jeans like on the tour...gets to center stage...screams "do you know where the fuck you are!"...then says "im not realling good at introducing people, but MTV asked me to do it, so i thought id get off my butt and come, ? i got to meet the band this week and they are really cool guys, so i wont waste any of your time...the killers"
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1816 on: August 31, 2006, 11:37:46 PM »

to a crowd who was about 5 or 6 in his prime it was an amazing reaction ,standing ovation.

Axl did not get a standing ovation.

A few people stood up, but that was it.
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #1817 on: August 31, 2006, 11:37:53 PM »

Axl's appearance was fine. ?I'm not disappointed. ?I wasn't expected anything special. ?In fact, I was glad that they played Jungle as he walked to the stage, and Axl belted out his trademark scream. ?That, plus the backstage interview was enough for me. ?(good to know Axl is sticking by his story that CD is coming out this year still). ?I didn't like the VMAs, but I can't say that I'm disappointed. ?

Regarding the crowd's reaction, I didn't hear a lot of screaming, but that doesn't necessarily mean the crowd was cold. ?I think Axl may predate many of the people in the audience. ?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 11:39:44 PM by gnr1967 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1818 on: August 31, 2006, 11:38:20 PM »

What was said in the interview?

Axl at the 2006 MTV VMAs [updated!]

Axl was just shown on the online stream showing the backstage action from the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards.

Update #1 [4:40am CET]: Axl was just interviewed by John Norris on MTV's online stream from the 2006 MTV VMAs. The things Axl said were:

The tour starts on October 24th, but the band will play some shows before that.

Axl described the 2002 VMA performance as a "catastrophy" because it was a new band and everything. But he thought it was fun, and the crowd was great.

Axl will be presenting The Killers. He didn't think presenting was his thing at first, but then he met them in Los Angeles the past weekend and thought they were great guys.

Also Axl was asked about Chinese Democracy's release and he said "it is this year".

Update #2 [5:22am CET]: Axl just introduced The Killers live on MTV. He started the introduction with his trade mark "Do you know where the fuck you are?!?" scream.

Source(s): http://www.mtv.com

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1819 on: August 31, 2006, 11:38:45 PM »

Yeah the reception was quite warm. ?I mean there wasn't a standing ovation, but quite a hearty welcome. ?I'm pleased.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: