Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:25:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 217503 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1540 on: August 31, 2006, 09:18:24 PM »

wow the vmas once again suck,gnr could easily close the vmas ever year

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #1541 on: August 31, 2006, 09:18:50 PM »

anyone knows when the killers gonna perform?so i know about when axl will be on stage..

is Axl a fan of The Killers or something?

people are saying that he is probably gonna present them..so i just wanted to know..

shit happens when you party naked
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #1542 on: August 31, 2006, 09:19:44 PM »

This show needs a Loder interview. I wish Gn'R were playing, but I have a feeling that we are getting our hopes up over nothing. To everyone saying that Axl shouldn't show, I hate to break it to you, but Axl/Gn'R needs the promotion that this show brings.

I hate to break it to you, but the whole world tuned out from this show after fifteen minutes. ?Axl should use this as an "opportunity" for publicity.

He should bail, and send a press release out stating that he had to leave the show because it was so pitiful and that it did not represent what he believes is the best music and artists on the scene today, or the MTV he once knew. ?That would be a headline, and remind people Axl is not a part of this "fake" fest, and a REAL FUCKIN ROCKER!! ?

Get away from this shit fest Axl--run for the exit!!
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #1543 on: August 31, 2006, 09:21:20 PM »

Amen to that!!!!!!!!! Then I could stop watching this garbage.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1544 on: August 31, 2006, 09:21:24 PM »

This show needs a Loder interview. I wish Gn'R were playing, but I have a feeling that we are getting our hopes up over nothing. To everyone saying that Axl shouldn't show, I hate to break it to you, but Axl/Gn'R needs the promotion that this show brings.

needs? nah.

Umm... outside of us fanatics the casual fan isn't up to date on the latest Gn'R happenings. For the success of CD , Gn'R needs a video in heavy MTV rotation. So, I would say that they do in fact need it, or at the very least shouldn't pass up the chance to promote the album in frontof a worldwide audience. If Axl releases the date, all the headlines tomorrow about this show, will have CD's release date not the actual video award winners. Gn'R can afford to pass that up Roll Eyes

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1545 on: August 31, 2006, 09:21:25 PM »

I hate to break it to you, but the whole world tuned out from this show after fifteen minutes. ?Axl should use this as an "opportunity" for publicity.

He should bail, and send a press release out stating that he had to leave the show because it was so pitiful and that it did not represent what he believes is the best music and artists on the scene today, or the MTV he once knew. ?That would be a headline, and remind people Axl is not a part of this "fake" fest, and a REAL FUCKIN ROCKER!! ?

Or better yet....if Axl stays and does present, he sees what you said and he says it on stage!!!
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #1546 on: August 31, 2006, 09:22:29 PM »

that'be a smart thing to do  peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1547 on: August 31, 2006, 09:22:37 PM »

I can't really fault Axl for coming on the show--yeah it's a piece of absolute shit, but a lot of young people watch it, and CD is going to need to sell many millions of copies at this point to be considered a success, so an opportunity to expose himself to a lot of young people is a good idea.

Wow, that last sentence might be the most poorly worded sentence I've ever written.
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1548 on: August 31, 2006, 09:23:19 PM »

I'm watching the online backstage thing. Its pretty cool, cause you get to see alot of that fine chick vanessa love
« Reply #1549 on: August 31, 2006, 09:23:30 PM »

He should bail, and send a press release out stating that he had to leave the show because it was so pitiful

Press Release on behalf of Axl Rose - September 1st, 2006

Headline: Guns N' Roses frontman suffering from exhaustion after attempting to sit through 3 hours of the Video Music Awards on backstage feed.

Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1550 on: August 31, 2006, 09:23:39 PM »

I really hope that Axl doesn't introduce The Killers. That would not be cool. The only people at this event that are worthy for Axl to give an award to are the Chillis. I hope if Axl's not going to perform or announce the album release date, he no shows this fucking shit parade.?
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1551 on: August 31, 2006, 09:24:04 PM »

Did Pink do the Axl "Serpentine" dance on her way on the stage, or is it just me?
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #1552 on: August 31, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »

As much as I would love to see that happen, it might actually make things worse. ?People would just write Axl off as some washed up rocker who is behind the times. ?But he would definitely earn some respect among people who share his opinion! ?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1553 on: August 31, 2006, 09:24:44 PM »

needs? nah.

Umm... outside of us fanatics the casual fan isn't up to date on the latest Gn'R happenings. For the success of CD , Gn'R needs a video in heavy MTV rotation. So, I would say that they do in fact need it, or at the very least shouldn't pass up the chance to promote the album in frontof a worldwide audience. If Axl releases the date, all the headlines tomorrow about this show, will have CD's release date not the actual video award winners. Gn'R can afford to pass that up Roll Eyes

they dont need it. to say they need it means that can not succeed without it.

a release date on the vma's isnt the only way for gn'r to succeed.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1554 on: August 31, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »

I really hope that Axl doesn't introduce The Killers. That would not be cool. The only people at this event that are worthy for Axl to give an award to are the Chillis. I hope if Axl's not going to perform or announce the album release date, he no shows this fucking shit parade.?

I'm with you on that. ?It just wouldn't seem right having Axl give an award to some "flavor of the moment" hip-hop or rock act...like having Mick Jagger give a trophy to the All-American Rejects. ?Given what I've seen of the show so far, I can't imagine Axl presenting at this point....it just seems below him somehow.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1555 on: August 31, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »

If GN'R were performing, it would have leaked by now! Who gives a shit if the music sucks, this is FREE WORLDWIDE PUBLICITY for ChiDem.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1556 on: August 31, 2006, 09:27:03 PM »

Prostitute might be a good song to play tonight?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1557 on: August 31, 2006, 09:27:41 PM »

I long for 80's early 90's hair metal, metal, rock days.

All you who say Axl has to become current, fit in with what's hot today, gain acceptance fromtodays crowd, etc.

Look what you people want him to fit in with. no

Shame.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1558 on: August 31, 2006, 09:28:08 PM »

What time is the show supposedly gonna be over?  Im about to start a long night of beer pong with my buddies, but I wanna come in and watch Axl real quick.  Can someone gimmie a heads up?
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1559 on: August 31, 2006, 09:28:17 PM »

Prostitute might be a good song to play tonight?

Maybe it's a shitty song and we just don't know yet?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: