Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 218079 times)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1200 on: August 31, 2006, 06:04:20 PM »

Axl makes an appearance at one of the biggest musical events of the year (yeah, the channel might suck, but the VMAs are big) and still you whine...

You'd rather be back in 1997? ?Roll Eyes

You're the ones hyping this. You're the ones building expectations. You're the ones who'll feel cheated if Axl does what MTV says he's supposed to. Present!

/jarmo

GnR stuff always gets hyped bro.......it's always fun....kinda....this is going to be a weird night people..

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1201 on: August 31, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »

jarmo, be honest. what did you expect from the fans? we are supposed to get CD this fall. well it's almost fall and no news yet. axl is showing up at the biggest music event in the world, of course we expect something to happen. not only because it's not something he often does, but also because it's about fucking time....

be honest.. you hope something will happen too..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Megaguns
« Reply #1202 on: August 31, 2006, 06:05:26 PM »

Axl will probably have mic problems when he goes up? hihi

I would piss myself laughing, if he gets up to a podium and before he talks he starts fucking with and earpiece, and says fuck this, and leaves.
That would be fucking hailarious. lol
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1203 on: August 31, 2006, 06:06:10 PM »

jarmo, be honest. what did you expect from the fans? we are supposed to get CD this fall. well it's almost fall and no news yet. axl is showing up at the biggest music event in the world, of course we expect something to happen. not only because it's not something he often does, but also because it's about fucking time....

I hope, yeah, but don't expect. I've been a fan too long for that...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1204 on: August 31, 2006, 06:08:33 PM »

You know theres always the possiblity that Axl offered to perform and got turned down, and told he could present. Or Vice Versa, but the way MTV is now I wouldn't be suprized if he offered and got dissed.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1205 on: August 31, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »

Axl: "And the winner is... Velvet Revolver!!!"

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #1206 on: August 31, 2006, 06:09:14 PM »

When people are on that show to present, it is usually to promote something, like a new movie, album, etc. ?Axl obviously has a reason for being there. ?Would I be disappointed is he says nothing of any significance? ?ABSOLUTELY! ?And everyone else should too. ?

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1207 on: August 31, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »

I hope, yeah, but don't expect. I've been a fan too long for that...

I don't expect or feel I am due anything......I am hoping....we will move on with our lives regardless....the conversations will be vastly different depending on the result of tonights show....that's all... peace

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1208 on: August 31, 2006, 06:09:53 PM »

If Axl would've got turned down, there was no way he would show up there. He'd rather say "fuck you then". And MTV would never turn down GN'R anyways..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1209 on: August 31, 2006, 06:10:29 PM »

You know theres always the possiblity that Axl offered to perform and got turned down, and told he could present. Or Vice Versa, but the way MTV is now I wouldn't be suprized if he offered and got dissed.? smoking

That would NEVER happen... no

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1210 on: August 31, 2006, 06:10:51 PM »

When people are on that show to present, it is usually to promote something, like a new movie, album, etc. ?Axl obviously has a reason for being there. ?Would I be disappointed is he says nothing of any significance? ?ABSOLUTELY! ?And everyone else should too. ?

I suspect a small mention of the upcoming tour by himself or someone will be mentioned.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
flickn
« Reply #1211 on: August 31, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »

You know theres always the possiblity that Axl offered to perform and got turned down, and told he could present. Or Vice Versa, but the way MTV is now I wouldn't be suprized if he offered and got dissed.? smoking

they counter offered a reality show based on the NA tour
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1212 on: August 31, 2006, 06:11:50 PM »

i hope kurt loder is behind axl's ass

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1213 on: August 31, 2006, 06:11:58 PM »

Yea axl never has and never will strike me as the kind to be like

ok peace ok guys we wont play  , mtv says so.

Axl goes places to make a statement , he will strike some kind of controversy tonight.
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1214 on: August 31, 2006, 06:12:32 PM »

Axl will probably have mic problems when he goes up  hihi

rofl

guys come on, your getting beside yourselves.
something has got to go down. he would not do this simply for pr, it's not axl.

You are going to be very disappointed tonight my friend.

I think it's cool that Axl is making an appearance tonight, but I would be shocked if anything happened other than the usual band introduction. If he made some sort of "announcement" it wouldn't be right before he introduced someone peforming, it would steal their thunder so to speak. MTV most likely wouldn't do that to someone performing on their awards show.

Hoping for an "announcement" of some sort really is the definition of wishful thinking. It's just not realistic at all.

The most that will happen is someone will interview him and he will not give any more of a specific statement about the album other than "it will be out this year". I doubt we will even get that.

Sorry to sound negative, i'm trying to use logic here.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #1215 on: August 31, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »

If Axl would've got turned down, there was no way he would show up there. He'd rather say "fuck you then". And MTV would never turn down GN'R anyways..

Maybe not, they could buttered him up by saying that the performer list is full, were really sorry but we would love for you to come out here and present, or somthing along those lines. And with the tour coming up, Axl know he needs all the exposure he can get to just let a mass U.S. television audience know hes still around. Because everyday people, at least that I run into, when I mention GN'R have no idea that their still around, in any incarnation of the band, trying to do something. ?smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
robinfinckfan
« Reply #1216 on: August 31, 2006, 06:14:09 PM »

Exactly

20 mins from pre-show and I've got a weird feeling in my gut. I'm wrecked with anticipation of not knowing. in 02' I had no idea they were gonna be there untill pink let it slip in the pre-show that she wanted to see buckethead and I was like OMG.
This is different, I know he's gonna be there and with everything thats gone down this year I feel like it's time and he's gonna do something

well i hope anyway
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1217 on: August 31, 2006, 06:14:44 PM »

Whos else is gonna get high while watching axl present an award?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #1218 on: August 31, 2006, 06:15:26 PM »

Whos gonna get high while watching axl present an award?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm..I wonder.. smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1219 on: August 31, 2006, 06:15:57 PM »

Another possibilty-
Maybe Axl is just presenting but the apperance will be tied in with commercials for Chinese Democracy? The VMAs always have been a big place for ads(usually ads for all the big christmas films and fall albums are shown).
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: