Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 218426 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #1040 on: August 31, 2006, 12:12:25 PM »

I can see Axl going up an doing a suprise duet ur guesting on another artists track..

Then 1) Axl and ultimately Guns N' Roses gets a mention.
2) The compare or whoever can make the announcement of the CD release date.

Keep em under your wheels.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1041 on: August 31, 2006, 12:13:18 PM »

I'd like to think something is gonna happen...anything regarding CD. Cause I just cannot believe he'll be there only to present, it doesn't make sense
same here. I know Axl has been more in the public eye lately but t go just to present? Idk bout that. I really dont want to sit thru that dumb show and not have them perform. 2002 was so exciting.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #1042 on: August 31, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »

He will probably not do anything during the show other than present some award. Maybe an interview in the pre or post show?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1043 on: August 31, 2006, 12:17:32 PM »

Sirius octane 20 is reporting from awards. Coverage on all day between songs. Celebs already showing up stone sour mentioned.
The dj mentioned they will be giving updates all day who is there and talk to who they can.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #1044 on: August 31, 2006, 12:27:59 PM »

erh don't really want to read trough 53 pages, so does anyone know where to watch the vma's online? I've been looking around on the mtv site but that site is a mess can't find a link to the live feed anywhere? ?Undecided
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1045 on: August 31, 2006, 12:39:18 PM »

Id like to see the ratings figures for this years VMAs compared to the last 10 years.? Considering every crazed GNR fan on all these message boards will be watching from the pre show to the post show, you gotta figure theres gonna be a spike.? MTV must know the rabidness of the GNR fans.? Anyone here do any kind of Nielsen ratings research? might be an interesting thing to look into

I could possibly check them... I wont get to look at them until Tuesday at the earliest, but I doubt I could do it on Tuesday as it will be catchup day.? Also, its proprietary data and if I get caught leaking out numbers that aren't supposed to be leaked I could be... well fired.? I will see what I can do.?

Ratings are published in major newspapers everyday

What?? ?Show me a newspaper that has specific demographical ratings that are published everyday. ?If any ratings are provided in a major newspaper everyday then they are ratings provided by whoever aired them. ?Believe it or not most networks do not want some one from another network posting their ratings (especially if they did poorly) around the internet for anybody to see. ?It is considered proprietary information. ?Ratings are used for internal decisions and are not meant for the public to see unless if marketing does some bullshit "we are the #1 most watched network in america" which usually isnt true anyways. ?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #1046 on: August 31, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »

I don't think there is a live feed online

Well that would explain it.... Wink that's probably?why I could only find those crappy backstage live feeds
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1047 on: August 31, 2006, 12:43:05 PM »

erh don't really want to read trough 53 pages, so does anyone know where to watch the vma's online? I've been looking around on the mtv site but that site is a mess can't find a link to the live feed anywhere? ?Undecided

I think they have the uncensored backstage footage on live feed not the actual awards show.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/#/ontv/vma/2006/live.jhtml

This site is almost impossible to navigate and they play the worst music ever on every page you click!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1048 on: August 31, 2006, 12:43:55 PM »

At leat this is in New York, so us in Cali will find out if some sweet shit went down during the show. I remember in 2002 when the rumors were flying of GNR performing, and I kept logging into this place, and new they were performing way before it came on the air. I also started reading the crap about his voice too...so I was already prepared. I will tune in just to see the man present an award. But, I don't want to waste my precious time on fucking MTV and the fucking timberlakes and fitties that will be everywhere. MTV always is such a high killer these days.

But if I read that some shit went down...oh baby, I will be glued. If not...I will be dvr'ing this and will probably zip through 98% of it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1049 on: August 31, 2006, 12:45:35 PM »

At leat this is in New York, so us in Cali will find out if some sweet shit went down during the show. I remember in 2002 when the rumors were flying of GNR performing, and I kept logging into this place, and new they were performing way before it came on the air. I also started reading the crap about his voice too...so I was already prepared. I will tune in just to see the man present an award. But, I don't want to waste my precious time on fucking MTV and the fucking timberlakes and fitties that will be everywhere. MTV always is such a high killer these days.

But if I read that some shit went down...oh baby, I will be glued. If not...I will be dvr'ing this and will probably zip through 98% of it.

I am purposely DVDR-ing it so I don't have to watch 3 hours of nonsense.  That and the fact I will be 30,000 feet in the air when it initially airs.
ExileOnMassSt
Opening Act

It's never too late

« Reply #1050 on: August 31, 2006, 12:47:50 PM »

Alright, just had a couple weird dreams about the VMAs.

The first:
Axl and Vin Diesel come out to present an award.  Axl is shifting his feet and looking very nervous.
Vin:  Axl, what's the matter?
Axl:  Nothing man, nothing.
Vin:  No, you look nervous
Axl:  No, don't worry about it
Vin:  You look like you have something to say...

Axl pulls a rolled-up banner thing out of his pocket and starts to unroll it.  The first visible thing is a chinese symbol.  The crowd cheers.....then the date says "11-52-06".  Everyone laughs, then they cut to a video that features Axl revealing the real date of Sept. 10th.

The second involved Robin Williams and Starr Jones introducing another weird video involving Axl fighting some cowboys or some shit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that neither of these scenarios is going to happen.

"I could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating"
- Mike Tyson
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1051 on: August 31, 2006, 12:49:14 PM »

I am purposely DVDR-ing it so I don't have to watch 3 hours of nonsense.? That and the fact I will be 30,000 feet in the air when it initially airs.

Damn...someones getting to Vegas a little early...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #1052 on: August 31, 2006, 01:09:08 PM »

I had a very realistic dream last night that Axl played at the VMAs. They introduced him by mentioning a new guitarist and then they started to play Better.

It's weird, because the dream was very "real" to me, and usually my dreams aren't.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1053 on: August 31, 2006, 01:11:18 PM »

wow, that must mean something... :-P

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #1054 on: August 31, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »

wow, that must mean something... :-P

Not necessarily, I'm just saying I thought it was strange and kind of cool.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1055 on: August 31, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »

You dream people are going to be getting more out of tonight than the rest of us  Angry

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1056 on: August 31, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »

6 hours 18 mins to go Cheesy

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1057 on: August 31, 2006, 01:42:51 PM »

6 hours and 17 minutes... Grin

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1058 on: August 31, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »

just went outside a half hour ago to check things out down there.  Its pretty wild.  The second I stepped outside I was told that I could not stand still and had to keep walking.  The fact that I worked in the building apparently didnt matter.  There are already some kids lined up against the metal rails to see everyone.  A hummer drove by with an R&B star's picture on it (Beyonce maybe, who knows) and a bunch of girls went crazy.  It was quite amusing. 
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1059 on: August 31, 2006, 01:48:17 PM »

I am purposely DVDR-ing it so I don't have to watch 3 hours of nonsense.? That and the fact I will be 30,000 feet in the air when it initially airs.

Damn...someones getting to Vegas a little early...

Ha, no, I already had a trip to FL planned 1st-they just happen to be close together.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: