Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 08:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 218503 times)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1020 on: August 31, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »

I will record the show because i have something better to do tonight.
It might seem to appear odd but tonight I'm gonna watch the US Open (Tennis) :
Not that we're playing "Can you top this" and the category is "odd" but I'm taping the first hours of the VMAs because I'll be watching Big Brother 7 All-Stars. ?It's eviction night on the show. ? hihi

On topic: ?Hope Axl doesn't show up until after 9 P.M. ?Tongue

Go Chill Town & Axl!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1021 on: August 31, 2006, 10:51:48 AM »

I'm wondering this.... Is MTV advertising any band as being the finale yet?? If not, then maybe we have a chance.

I thought I read somewhere in this huge thread that The Killers were closing and Axl was going to introduce them.

That was from me. and that IS what's happening.?

You're not the guy that posted the "email" from Merck about how "your friends need to stop blowing everything to do with GNR out of purportion" are ya?

Hopefully someone has more confrimation then that email.

Nah, that wasn't me. ?I've never posted a "rumor" on here in my life about anything. ?OK, so here's the deal. ?Yes, I do work for MTV networks. ?My "contacts" (which are more than just acquaintances) work directly with the show. ?Axl is only out there to present the Killers. ?Those people were at the rehearsal yesterday. ?Now, like I told someone else who PM'd me yesterday, what he says besides that is up to him, but as of now, he is NOT performing. ?That is 100%, as of right now. ?

I can't say that it definitely, 100% won't change, but the time for a performance is NOT built into the show. ?

As for 2002, YES, it was planned the whole time. ?Even the day before the show. ?Those rehearsals were closed-off to most of the workers, but they knew it was happening. ?(Much the way a couple of the performances were this year.)

So anyway, I hope this clears up a lot of speculation. ?Although I'll "never say never," it is HIGHLY unlikely that Axl is doing anything else but an introduction. ?No video, no commercial, no November Rain, no duet with Rod Stewart, no comparing wallets with Justin Timberlake, or walking out with Tommy Hilfiger.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #1022 on: August 31, 2006, 10:59:25 AM »

I am just happy Axl will be on live TV.  I am not expecting anything else.  I hope he has fun and that's it.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #1023 on: August 31, 2006, 11:05:31 AM »

Sorry to say this, but I hope you're wrong BKinNYC  no
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1024 on: August 31, 2006, 11:06:58 AM »

Sorry to say this, but I hope you're wrong BKinNYC  no

I think BKinNYC hopes that he is wrong himself...
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1025 on: August 31, 2006, 11:11:05 AM »

If Axl doesn't mention CD or the tour then wht the hell is the point of doing this?  I'm sure he isn't such a diehard Killers fan that he just had to be the one to introduce them.  There has to be some motivation behind him doing this.  I think there is no chance he'll perform, but he needs to say soemthing about the tour or CD I would think.  Even if it is pre-show or post-show.
Origen
« Reply #1026 on: August 31, 2006, 11:12:59 AM »

It's starting already, people are getting upset that Axl isn't scheduled to perform. Well he wasn't ment to be performing in the first place it's just what some people have made up in this thread, it isn't anyones fault apart from your own for concluding more then anything was ever written.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1027 on: August 31, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »

It's starting already, people are getting upset that Axl isn't scheduled to perform. Well he wasn't ment to be performing in the first place it's just what some people have made up in this thread, it isn't anyones fault apart from your own for concluding more then anything was ever written.

Exactly.? ?Jarmo and I  both posted this yesterday. This thread got to 52 pages due to people creating their own little case scenarios when all we had as fact was that Axl is ONLY presenting.

Therefore, NO AXL BASHING rant

It's not his fault people speculated bullshit.

Just wait until the show is OVER with to discuss what he did and be HAPPY with that.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1028 on: August 31, 2006, 11:16:38 AM »

Its really funny that people are upset because their crazy ideas arent going to come true. ?What is wrong with people? ?The guy was probably contacted and asked if he wanted to do something for the show. ?He probably said he would be interested in presenting. ?He gets a free trip to NYC, all expenses paid, and he gets to party with all of the stars after the show. ?Is that motivation enough for doing it? ?
jkruk88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1029 on: August 31, 2006, 11:18:55 AM »

Id like to see the ratings figures for this years VMAs compared to the last 10 years.  Considering every crazed GNR fan on all these message boards will be watching from the pre show to the post show, you gotta figure theres gonna be a spike.  MTV must know the rabidness of the GNR fans.  Anyone here do any kind of Nielsen ratings research? might be an interesting thing to look into
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1030 on: August 31, 2006, 11:22:12 AM »

Id like to see the ratings figures for this years VMAs compared to the last 10 years.? Considering every crazed GNR fan on all these message boards will be watching from the pre show to the post show, you gotta figure theres gonna be a spike.? MTV must know the rabidness of the GNR fans.? Anyone here do any kind of Nielsen ratings research? might be an interesting thing to look into

I could possibly check them... I wont get to look at them until Tuesday at the earliest, but I doubt I could do it on Tuesday as it will be catchup day.  Also, its proprietary data and if I get caught leaking out numbers that aren't supposed to be leaked I could be... well fired.  I will see what I can do. 
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1031 on: August 31, 2006, 11:29:02 AM »

I think for sanity's sake we should all just expect for Axl to walk on stage present an award or performer and walk back off stage...(he will crack a joke for sure...he's a funny guy!)  That way if he does do more, it will be a nice surprise...but one thing I will guarantee: he will say something funny!  Take that to the bank!  Grin

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1032 on: August 31, 2006, 11:33:14 AM »

I can't recall if ever, a presenter also performed on the VMAs.?
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1033 on: August 31, 2006, 11:37:11 AM »

Id like to see the ratings figures for this years VMAs compared to the last 10 years.? Considering every crazed GNR fan on all these message boards will be watching from the pre show to the post show, you gotta figure theres gonna be a spike.? MTV must know the rabidness of the GNR fans.? Anyone here do any kind of Nielsen ratings research? might be an interesting thing to look into

I could possibly check them... I wont get to look at them until Tuesday at the earliest, but I doubt I could do it on Tuesday as it will be catchup day.? Also, its proprietary data and if I get caught leaking out numbers that aren't supposed to be leaked I could be... well fired.? I will see what I can do.?

Ratings are published in major newspapers everyday

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1034 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »

I can't recall if ever, a presenter also performed on the VMAs.?

I don't think they have either, but you never know with that award show, people have been known to do some crazy things, including things that caused an arrest.  But I am not going to get my hopes up.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1035 on: August 31, 2006, 11:40:59 AM »

the vma's is tonight right?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1036 on: August 31, 2006, 11:50:36 AM »

Yes. I believe the pre-show starts at 6:30.

I know Axls never been early for anything, but I'll be watching anyways.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1037 on: August 31, 2006, 11:57:43 AM »

Yes. I believe the pre-show starts at 6:30.

I know Axls never been early for anything, but I'll be watching anyways.

Axl probably won't show until 10 minutes before he is supposed to present!!! hihi
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1038 on: August 31, 2006, 12:05:10 PM »

haha Ya he will prolly showup In his Hummer or soemhting rigth before hes supposed to present and then walk off stage right back into his ride and go to an afterparty....I cant picture him wanting to stay...Like hes a massive ledgend there compared to all the punks that r up for the awards...FOB,All American Rejects and shit...They all idolize him...He prolly wont wanna deal with all them

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1039 on: August 31, 2006, 12:06:35 PM »

haha Ya he will prolly showup In his Hummer or soemhting rigth before hes supposed to present and then walk off stage right back into his ride and go to an afterparty....I cant picture him wanting to stay...Like hes a massive ledgend there compared to all the punks that r up for the awards...FOB,All American Rejects and shit...They all idolize him...He prolly wont wanna deal with all them

Yeah, I wouldnt want to sit through that shitastic show either, only reason I'll be tuned in is because Axl Rose is there and anything could fucking happen.  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: