Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:23:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 218648 times)
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #900 on: August 30, 2006, 01:47:52 PM »

haha face it: nothing will happen Sad

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #901 on: August 30, 2006, 02:25:44 PM »

i,m hopeful something will happen after all these pages of rumours and mysteron hasnt shot them down ,if he knew only an awards presentation would happen surly he would would of told us,he shot down the other rumour real quick the other day regarding cd and said it was still on track so if its still due in the fall/late fall surly nows the time for something to happen.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #902 on: August 30, 2006, 02:29:19 PM »

i,m hopeful something will happen after all these pages of rumours and mysteron hasnt shot them down ,if he knew only an awards presentation would happen surly he would would of told us,he shot down the other rumour real quick the other day regarding cd and said it was still on track so if its still due in the fall/late fall surly nows the time for something to happen.

yea, i really think mysteron would be saying "fake" if that was the case

Plus, why would axl go just to present an award?  he's not the type of person who would just go to present an award and get 30 seconds of airtime on mtv....  something else is going to happen

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #903 on: August 30, 2006, 02:31:32 PM »

best case scenario for the vma's, imn my opinion would be... just have axl present the award, maybe have a short interview with loder.  but towards the end of the show maybe feature a well made 30 sec-1min commercial annoucing the release of cd as well as the 1st single (hopefully better) they could show some footage from the uk tour/ny warm ups &  announce the full US tour that will support the new album.  run this commercial 2 or 3 times in the last hour of the vmas.  this would be a great way too start off the mainstream promotion of the album & that this new incarnation of Gnr are the strongest ever!
THAT.....is actually a very cool and interesting idea.......it's possible and very smart. ok

Yeah, no shit! I didn't even think about running a commericial at some point (near Axls appearance) in the show.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #904 on: August 30, 2006, 02:35:58 PM »

also i heard he was suppossed to present elton john with an award i think a few months ago dont know if it was concrete he was gonna be there ,but knowing that they were close and he didnt go.or maybe he was busy an couldnt make it.but if he didnt go why on earth would he do the vmas if only to present an award ,surly hed have more fun watchin dizzy,i know im clutchin at straws but this could be the day weve all dreamed about an announcement on cd.
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #905 on: August 30, 2006, 02:40:36 PM »

Merck confirmed he was never really supposed to be on the Elton John thing.  It was a false report.

Here's looking forward to tomorrow night!   beer
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #906 on: August 30, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »

anything less than MTV dedicating as much time as is needed to play the album all the way through twice is a joke and i'll hold axl personally responsible.
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #907 on: August 30, 2006, 02:46:49 PM »

cheers wernt sure if it was true,fingers crossed for tommorrow.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #908 on: August 30, 2006, 02:47:04 PM »

It is shocking that the fact that Axl is going to appear on an awards show is can generate 46 pages on a messageboard.

/Just wanted to see if I can boost the page count to 47
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #909 on: August 30, 2006, 02:49:07 PM »

everybody is gonna bitch when nothing happens hihi

at best there will be a short pre or post show interview IMO

but I highly doubt there will be a commercial, geffen has sunk way too much into the album for them to put more money up for promotion....especially if it's gonna be a free download Roll Eyes hihi

It is shocking that the fact that Axl is going to appear on an awards show is can generate 46 pages on a messageboard.

that's because people around here are insanely optimistic confused

ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #910 on: August 30, 2006, 02:50:12 PM »

think theres a few more pages to come yet lol.but im really exited hope this could be it
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #911 on: August 30, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »

think theres a few more pages to come yet lol.but im really exited hope this could be it

Yeah I figure with 1 more day left to speculate we may see another 25 or so pages.  Cool

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Steel_Angel
« Reply #912 on: August 30, 2006, 02:53:38 PM »

Axl is going to appear on an awards show is can generate 46 pages on a messageboard.

let them bitch. most of them are going to be stupid n00bs who barely visit the forum anyway.

uggh, i say gnr doesnt perform (theyve already done it in 02)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #913 on: August 30, 2006, 02:53:51 PM »

mmmmm....I am going to drink a lot tomorrow night....anyway.....I ain't watchin' the whole thing....I will switch back and forth between the VMA'S and the Mets game....but when the last hour arrives...I will pay more attention. God this is getting boring....somebody write something very opinionated before I do so it will cause a stir and make this topic interesting again.....we were on a f'n roll for a while last night. yes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #914 on: August 30, 2006, 02:55:28 PM »

at best there will be a short pre or post show interview IMO

but I highly doubt there will be a commercial, geffen has sunk way too much into the album for them to put more money up for promotion....especially if it's gonna be a free download Roll Eyes hihi

that's because people around here are insanely optimistic confused

I'm optimistic that they will play but will I flip out if they don't? No.  And I really don't feel that Dizzy needs to be there for Guns to play.  I also really can't see Axl going out there on stage and saying "My album will be out " on whatever date.  That just sounds pathetic.   
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #915 on: August 30, 2006, 02:56:48 PM »

i think there might be an advert even though it might end up being a free download ,cause if geffen have kept up with public opion which they would be stupid not to as we,re the ones who are going to buy it ,then they would realize that all us die hard gunners want to physically hold that damn cd and not just download it
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #916 on: August 30, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »

Plenty of artists show up to present awards and DON'T perform on the night.

I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell of us getting the CD release date.

And on the subject of Mysteron shooting this down - he obviously cannot shoot down EVERY rumour.  I imagine he has to be pretty strategic on what he does and does not disclose.

Otherwise we could start a thread that says:
Poster: "CD release August 31"
Mysteron: "Fake"
Poster: "CD release September 1"
Mysteron: "Fake"
Poster: "CD release September 2"
Mysteron "No comment"

I'm sure the logic is pretty easy to follow.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #917 on: August 30, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »

^^OK, why don't you start a thread called "CD release x Sept." and make up a long-winded lie that sounds half true...

guarentee mysteron will shoot it down.  look at his posts man

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #918 on: August 30, 2006, 03:04:29 PM »

eeeehhhh....errr....maybe Shakira will show us her tits and start grinding the mic stand after going down on Beyonce for 15 minutes in a pool of baby oil........ rofl

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #919 on: August 30, 2006, 03:05:45 PM »

soz,im behind with the gossip here.could someone jus tell me if this is only aired in the US or will there be anything in the UK or on SKY  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: