Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 218633 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #880 on: August 30, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »

dizzy performs tomorrow night and i doubt they will play without him.

if anything axl may duet with AdZ and Christos, but Jarmo's right he'll prolly just introduce them.

well...  looks like i?m really going to watch the vma`s now.....

or is anyone taping this?  i hope so either way....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #881 on: August 30, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

WOW, a duet with AdZ and Christos in proshot!!!! I need this!!!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #882 on: August 30, 2006, 12:13:06 PM »

You know... there are 12 rounds in boxing.

...we have a loooong way to go.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #883 on: August 30, 2006, 12:13:21 PM »

everything that happens tomorrow will be included in the graspop dvd
better sign up on the pctracker now, cause it will be torrented there

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #884 on: August 30, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »

everything that happens tomorrow will be included in the graspop dvd
better sign up on the pctracker now, cause it will be torrented there

Hopefully there won't be any GNR or Axl jokes from Jack Black or anyone else to include on that DVD.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
EFISH
« Reply #885 on: August 30, 2006, 12:45:21 PM »

this is what i just got from merck. sounds more promising:

You will have to watch the programme.

-----Original Message-----
To: Merck Mercuriadis
Sent: Wed Aug 30 10:22:01 2006
Subject: VMA's

Hey Merck

i wanted to know what exactly Axl is gonna do at the VMA's. Is he going to present an award or announce a band?
And can we see him on the red carpet too?

thanks

Now im just REALLY excited!  Shocked
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #886 on: August 30, 2006, 12:59:57 PM »

If something else happens, why not wait about 36 hours and then talk about it instead of trying to come up with all kinds of scenarios?

/jarmo

people are prolly saying all those thing 'cause they wanna say "i told you so" and stuff like that
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #887 on: August 30, 2006, 01:03:53 PM »

I don't think so. I'm not expecting much, but I guess people like to have fun with this talk.. Also, there's too much hope in this album, so it's quite normal to act like that.

SkiX
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #888 on: August 30, 2006, 01:07:43 PM »

The first one to complain about Axl/GnR NOT performing should get flamed majorly Cheesy
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #889 on: August 30, 2006, 01:13:57 PM »

The first one to complain about Axl/GnR NOT performing should get flamed majorly Cheesy

Oh well then keep the flame throwers lit. About 50% of this board will have the nerve to come on here and start posting about how Axl ruined their lives because he only presented an award.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #890 on: August 30, 2006, 01:15:25 PM »

Has it been mentioned that MTV's Video Music Award might be the occasion to premiere a video for a new single ? Dizzy wouldn't have to be there... Just a thought...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #891 on: August 30, 2006, 01:18:06 PM »

I wouldn't flame the band for not performaing at the VMA's, I just hope they do play!  peace
SlashxDelonge1458
Banned
Headliner

Gunner Lies

« Reply #892 on: August 30, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »

Axl will be there presenting an award, and maybe that will extend his fanbase a little bit because outside of the GNR veterans and the people who check GNR boards, not many people know theres a new band. Don't expect them to play at the VMA's because the awards show alreadyave to much going on with other singers and bands.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #893 on: August 30, 2006, 01:23:35 PM »

Has it been mentioned that MTV's Video Music Award might be the occasion to premiere a video for a new single ? Dizzy wouldn't have to be there... Just a thought...

No one has ever premiered a video at the VMAs. Why would someone do it now?

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #894 on: August 30, 2006, 01:24:13 PM »

No time like the present  peace
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #895 on: August 30, 2006, 01:28:52 PM »

No time like the present  peace

Yeah, I can see that too. Like have GNR be pioneers for something no ones ever done. But to me premiering a video would just slow the pace of the show down.

If they are gonna premier a new song, it seems like live performance is a much better vehicle.

zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #896 on: August 30, 2006, 01:32:52 PM »

best case scenario for the vma's, imn my opinion would be... just have axl present the award, maybe have a short interview with loder. ?but towards the end of the show maybe feature a well made 30 sec-1min commercial annoucing the release of cd as well as the 1st single (hopefully better) they could show some footage from the uk tour/ny warm ups & ?announce the full US tour that will support the new album. ?run this commercial 2 or 3 times in the last hour of the vmas. ?this would be a great way too start off the mainstream promotion of the album & that this new incarnation of Gnr are the strongest ever!

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #897 on: August 30, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »

No time like the present? peace

Yeah, I can see that too. Like have GNR be pioneers for something no ones ever done. But to me premiering a video would just slow the pace of the show down.

If they are gonna premier a new song, it seems like live performance is a much better vehicle.
The one reason I could see them not performing is the chance of another FUCK UP.........that would be a disaster....a release date hint would be fine with me......but I ain't expecting anything "special" to happen...unless some celeberty chicks start making out or something.....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #898 on: August 30, 2006, 01:37:40 PM »

best case scenario for the vma's, imn my opinion would be... just have axl present the award, maybe have a short interview with loder. ?but towards the end of the show maybe feature a well made 30 sec-1min commercial annoucing the release of cd as well as the 1st single (hopefully better) they could show some footage from the uk tour/ny warm ups & ?announce the full US tour that will support the new album. ?run this commercial 2 or 3 times in the last hour of the vmas. ?this would be a great way too start off the mainstream promotion of the album & that this new incarnation of Gnr are the strongest ever!
THAT.....is actually a very cool and interesting idea.......it's possible and very smart. ok

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #899 on: August 30, 2006, 01:42:41 PM »

outside of the GNR veterans and the people who check GNR boards, not many people know theres a new band.

There are probably a million-strong GNR veterans that you're speaking of that are waiting for this album ( maybe more)
I'd say 90% of the Rock industry ( including bands -new and old) definitely know that Axl Rose has been working on this album for a long time

It would be a good time to get the info out there and get the ball rolling for promoting this thing. Understanding completely that a lot of those viewing these awards are not exactly fans, there will still be a whole shit-load of people in one place at one time watching this thing - so he should take advantage -and I believe he will
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: