Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 218781 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #820 on: August 29, 2006, 11:29:21 PM »

that would be so cool but i just cant picture rod stewart even being at the MTV awards, yet alone performing.  todays music is shit, so u cant expect that many good artists to be at the awards unless they are promoting something like axl
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #821 on: August 29, 2006, 11:33:45 PM »

that would be so cool but i just cant picture rod stewart even being at the MTV awards, yet alone performing.? todays music is shit, so u cant expect that many good artists to be at the awards unless they are promoting something like axl

Heha you said good artists and your talking about Rod stewart.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #822 on: August 29, 2006, 11:50:15 PM »

? sounds like a good night to me

Sounds like a good dream that night as well...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nyrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #823 on: August 29, 2006, 11:56:32 PM »

that would be so cool but i just cant picture rod stewart even being at the MTV awards, yet alone performing.? todays music is shit, so u cant expect that many good artists to be at the awards unless they are promoting something like axl
nyrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #824 on: August 30, 2006, 12:01:04 AM »

rod stewart is in rolling stone fall releases with a new album.  i dont think this will happen but if you heared axls version of sailing you would understand why i think something like this can sway some of the nay sayers to see how great axl sounds.  and also unless performing with the likes of axl rod would never be singing at the vmas, it would kind of work well for the both, but only work well for gnr if they perform something else also other wise they would be labeled washed up old fucks by the new young generation 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #825 on: August 30, 2006, 12:11:47 AM »

they say rod stewart is also going to attend.? if any song displays axls rejuvinated vocals i would say Sailing displayed more range and clarity then any other.? I know the young audience cares less about rod stewart and it would be suicide for gnr if axls tv appearence was paired with the likes of a older musician.? but what if he paired with stewart like he did with(elton john NR) and later on in the show came on to do a new song with guns the full band.? i think something like this would accomplish alot. 1 it would prove to every one axl can still sing his balls off.? and 2 then show the world his band with their new single.? i think this plus a interview after the show or somewhere during the show explaining the release of democracy would easily be the perfect eveningwhat is your opinions expectations or comments.? ( i dont post often rarely ever but in the last 4 years this easily is the most excited i have been about the band)

Yeah, this would be awesome.  Call up Axl and tell him  Shocked

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #826 on: August 30, 2006, 01:37:23 AM »

Is anybody going to be scoping out the building where the VMA's are being held? If Axl and the boys are performing, I would think they would perhaps be doing a rehearsal tomorrow?
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #827 on: August 30, 2006, 02:17:29 AM »

what chick will axl do from the VMA's?

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #828 on: August 30, 2006, 03:07:14 AM »

Is anybody going to be scoping out the building where the VMA's are being held? If Axl and the boys are performing, I would think they would perhaps be doing a rehearsal tomorrow?

Yes, someone go a-stalking!  I am packing for FL and will actually be mid air when the show airs which I am highly pissed about.  I was supposed to take off tomorrow but had to move my flight due to the hurricane so I hope someone is taping this-but I am sure MTV will play it over a few times-hoping!!!
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #829 on: August 30, 2006, 04:36:12 AM »

I hate Rod Steward and his gay songs!

"...It don't really matter..."
Origen
« Reply #830 on: August 30, 2006, 05:01:14 AM »

So you don't think GnR did a good job covering sailing?
badapple81
« Reply #831 on: August 30, 2006, 05:21:10 AM »

A damn good job!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #832 on: August 30, 2006, 06:28:47 AM »

GNR is not going to perform without Dizzy guys.  I'm sure Dizzy would cancel whatever show he has in CT that night if this were true.  Axl will present and hopefull let us in on CD somehow.

Don't get me wrong.  I think it would be a good idea if they performed so he can show that world (and the US ticket buying public) that his performance in 2002 is not indicative of how he sounds now.  It would definately help sell tickets.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #833 on: August 30, 2006, 06:49:08 AM »

GNR is not going to perform without Dizzy guys.  I'm sure Dizzy would cancel whatever show he has in CT that night if this were true.  Axl will present and hopefull let us in on CD somehow.

Don't get me wrong.  I think it would be a good idea if they performed so he can show that world (and the US ticket buying public) that his performance in 2002 is not indicative of how he sounds now.  It would definately help sell tickets.

I still think it'd be a brilliant idea for the band to perform at the VMAs. Even though I love the new material I think they'd have to do at least one old one and one new one. And I think the press would be nothing but positive this time.

However,

Axl is only presenting so we don't have to worry about that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #834 on: August 30, 2006, 07:33:55 AM »

I just hate Rod Steward and especially that song, so I don't think it was a good job. It is better than the original but it's a stupid song. It's the same with the ridiculous You're Beautiful shit. Don't get me wrong now GN'R rock but I would like to see them doing less popular songs for covers and more rock n' roll songs. As it was with Live And Let Die, Hair Of Dog, Mama Kin and Down On The Farm. Anyway I want to hear GN'R songs. I would rather enjoy some Civil War or Bad Apples than Sailing of this stupid gay. My opinion thouth...

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #835 on: August 30, 2006, 07:51:44 AM »

Would you like to explain how any of his songs are homosexual?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #836 on: August 30, 2006, 08:31:20 AM »

Can someone please start a SEPERATE THREAD for Rod Stewart discussion?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #837 on: August 30, 2006, 08:55:38 AM »

Wait a minute...  Dizzy is playing Connecticut?  Are the VMA's in New York?  If this is true Dizzy can certainly play both no matter what part of CT he is in.  It would be one song at the VMA's...

Edit:  Nevermind he's not in CT, he's in Southbridge MA.  The CT show is at Foxwoods/Hard Rock Cafe.  I don't think he'd drive from New York to Southbridge to do both.  I suppose he could do it if he wanted but that would be pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:03:17 AM by stvyrayvhn » Logged
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #838 on: August 30, 2006, 09:06:46 AM »

Jesus, it was said...man sometimes I feel that either I am stupid or most of the people don't know shit about the world...don't take it as a offence. OK, now I'm goinna explain just like a nanny to a little kid. I hate Rod Steward because his songs are too damn silly, too damn slobbery, too damn childish and most of them are about laying some fantastic girl...Pfu...I didn't say that he is gay I'm saying that he looks and acts like such, just as Bon Jovi do, just as Justin Timbarlake do and it looks like a member of a boyband that have to suck man's dick to be apart of and have to get away with this sexual complex. AND AGAIN THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #839 on: August 30, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

It's now page 43, and it's gone from one Mr Rose possibly appearing at an award show and presenting an award to:
I hate Rod Steward and his gay songs!? hihi
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: