Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 219210 times)
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #620 on: August 29, 2006, 09:35:51 AM »

I should add that he is also not going to start a fight with anyone. That would be completely counter-productive, and he's not that stupid.

buddy, so if ya wanna keep fame n' money in ur hands then u gotta do something stupid? Grin , not matter how many ridiculous scandals you gotta make ta get it!!!!? hihi? Britney didn't have many fans in 2003 cuz she never sings so she had ta kiss Madonna ta get more fans from the gay comunity...the show bussines always works this way? ?beer

I'm sure you're a real authority on the subject. How's that Mensa membership coming along?
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #621 on: August 29, 2006, 10:18:50 AM »

At this event, I personally think the single will be presented in a new GnR' video. ok
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #622 on: August 29, 2006, 10:37:12 AM »

i think that axl will present, and p-diddy will try to heckel him and axl will dive off the stage st. louis style scratching and biting while diddys chains and bling go flying everywhere. then  as axl chews off half diddys ear, the folks in the public gallery riot, with bodygaurd and minders getting the shit kicked out them, and after al;l the celbs minders have been wasted the fans chant " Guns n roses"

???yeah......um......kinda went off on one ok

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2006, 11:38:04 AM »

what time's the show here in New? York? the website says 6:30 but i think that's some other time zone cuz that seems a bit early

Thats probably when the red carpet and pre-show shit is gonna start.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »

I was just listening to TWAT in my car and thought what a great showcase piece for GN'R to perform at the VMAs. Having Axl playing the piano (not running around and out of breath) would recall the days when November Rain was performed at the same awards and the last few minutes of the song is certainly such a juggernaut of sound, it would impress even the most skeptical of critics, in my opinion.

The same arguement could be made for Catcher in the Rye, however, I think TWAT is their most brilliant song since Estranged and Coma and it would be nice to see the band really crank this one out.

Hey, if Axl did take the piano, I guess there would be no real need for Dizzy that night.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2006, 11:45:44 AM »

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but....what the fuck is EMO music??? ....I have seen it written on almost every topic, including this one. Is it the GAY boy rock bands that are out now?? My view has changed on the MTV appearance by Axl. I think he might just be presenting now......it still doesnt' make sense that he would do ONLY that though....we'll see

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #626 on: August 29, 2006, 11:47:34 AM »

We will hear some guns n roses music, when Axl comes out they're gonna play Jungle, that's for sure!!! ? beer

I gotta tell you, I'm afraid people look at Axl like this loser that hasnt been able to put out a fucking cd without the original guys, I mean, I think he is talented, he should have made a couple of cds already.

Anyway, he is without ?doubt a legend!! ?Just to see him there is cool......For me ? ok

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #627 on: August 29, 2006, 12:06:49 PM »

We will hear some guns n roses music, when Axl comes out they're gonna play Jungle, that's for sure!!! ? beer

I gotta tell you, I'm afraid people look at Axl like this loser that hasnt been able to put out a fucking cd without the original guys, I mean, I think he is talented, he should have made a couple of cds already.

Anyway, he is without ?doubt a legend!! ?Just to see him there is cool......For me ? ok

If there are people that think he is "this loser" their opinion of him will be quite different if and when he and GNR......1-play a song or two Thursday night in New York and....2 - when the album is flying off shelves throughout the world and they find themselves buying the album as well......The Axl bashing will never end but there will be a lot less of it...

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2006, 12:10:37 PM »

We will hear some guns n roses music, when Axl comes out they're gonna play Jungle, that's for sure!!!   beer

Anyway, he is without  doubt a legend!!  Just to see him there is cool......For me   ok
I don't think they will play Jungle at a MTV awards show again.  They did that 15 years ago.  I watched it...

/damn I'm old
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #629 on: August 29, 2006, 12:11:33 PM »

i think that axl will present, and p-diddy will try to heckel him and axl will dive off the stage st. louis style scratching and biting while diddys chains and bling go flying everywhere. then  as axl chews off half diddys ear, the folks in the public gallery riot, with bodygaurd and minders getting the shit kicked out them, and after al;l the celbs minders have been wasted the fans chant " Guns n roses"

???yeah......um......kinda went off on one ok

That would be awesome.  I can't stand puff diddy or whatever the hell his name is...
fixintodie
« Reply #630 on: August 29, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »

guys, sorry if this has been touched on already, but will this be aired in the Netherlands? I checked the guide and saw no mention on MTV here.

zaterdag 2 september
12.00 uur: Video Music Awards - main show 2005

zondag 3 september
12.00 uur: Video Music Awards - pre show 2006
13.30 uur: Video Music Awards - main show 2006

zondag 3 september
20.00 uur: Video Music Awards - main show 2006

What is 8:00pm ET/PT in GMT? Smiley

08:00:00 p.m. Thursday August 31, 2006 in America/New_York? converts to
01:00:00 a.m. Friday September 1, 2006 in GB-Eire
02:00:00 a.m. Friday September 1, 2006 in CET

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo. Lame that we don't get it live over here - guess I'll just catch Axl's clip on YouTube.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2006, 12:32:53 PM »

guys, sorry if this has been touched on already, but will this be aired in the Netherlands? I checked the guide and saw no mention on MTV here.

zaterdag 2 september
12.00 uur: Video Music Awards - main show 2005

zondag 3 september
12.00 uur: Video Music Awards - pre show 2006
13.30 uur: Video Music Awards - main show 2006

zondag 3 september
20.00 uur: Video Music Awards - main show 2006

What is 8:00pm ET/PT in GMT? Smiley

08:00:00 p.m. Thursday August 31, 2006 in America/New_York? converts to
01:00:00 a.m. Friday September 1, 2006 in GB-Eire
02:00:00 a.m. Friday September 1, 2006 in CET

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo. Lame that we don't get it live over here - guess I'll just catch Axl's clip on YouTube.

Yeah, that does suck for you guys......total bullshit....I am glad I live in New York.......you'll probably be able to get footage online a few hours after the show....especially if they perform. Hopefully

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2006, 12:34:52 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted before, but Axl isn't even being mentioned on the commercials for the VMAs as a performer or a presenter....odd.  You'd think hes a pretty well known name...

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #633 on: August 29, 2006, 12:36:41 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted before, but Axl isn't even being mentioned on the commercials for the VMAs as a performer or a presenter....odd.  You'd think hes a pretty well known name...

They had made most of the commercials prior to Axl being announced. I think there is one commercial where he is mentioned. Some people have seen it. They have a picture of him on the website saying he's scheduled to appear. Granted its a 2002 picture. I dont know why they couldnt find an '06 pic, its not that hard.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #634 on: August 29, 2006, 12:47:22 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted before, but Axl isn't even being mentioned on the commercials for the VMAs as a performer or a presenter....odd.? You'd think hes a pretty well known name...

They had made most of the commercials prior to Axl being announced. I think there is one commercial where he is mentioned. Some people have seen it. They have a picture of him on the website saying he's scheduled to appear. Granted its a 2002 picture. I dont know why they couldnt find an '06 pic, its not that hard.

Well, most of the people that work inside MTV are lazy cocksuckers anyway....I have spoken to a few of them on the phone before.....I was not impressed...They are idiots for not putting up a current picture.....It IS NOT that difficult.

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #635 on: August 29, 2006, 01:09:31 PM »

Axl needs to pull a macy gray and wear a dress or suit with the album release date.? ok

He will walk out naked with the releasedate painted on him yes

well,people would notice it Tongue

Wink

shit happens when you party naked
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #636 on: August 29, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »

Axl needs to pull a macy gray and wear a dress or suit with the album release date.? ok

He will walk out naked with the releasedate painted on him yes

well,people would notice it Tongue

Wink

NO.....NO NO NO.....no naked dudes..

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #637 on: August 29, 2006, 01:15:21 PM »

Well maybe they're not saying anything much because they don't know if he's gonna show...it's just to present an award not to do a couple laps on stage or anything... Huh
fixintodie
« Reply #638 on: August 29, 2006, 01:24:43 PM »

Ha - just heard Sarah Silverman is presenting an award. If Axl is indeed just presenting, it would kick ass if he presented with her. One of the few women who'd match wits with him.  ok
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #639 on: August 29, 2006, 01:29:25 PM »

I don't think I'll be able to see it. I don't think it's on in Canada. rant

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »