Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:22:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 219412 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #540 on: August 28, 2006, 05:01:01 AM »

hey does anybody know if its on live in the uk ,cant seem to find it listed
Same for France, no VMA this year!

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #541 on: August 28, 2006, 05:12:57 AM »

Its on MTV UK next Saturday (2nd Sept) at 9pm.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #542 on: August 28, 2006, 05:45:51 AM »

Us Brits will be hoping that you Yankees can post up some clips of the Ax-Man on the internet after the VMA's as we won't get the footage for 2 days after!

i thought that mtv aired it here too,it says so on their schedule
http://www.mtve.com/article.php?ArticleId=4728&date=2006-08-31&week=This

Check again my friend.

MTV has a big CGI in the top left of the screen during like every show now and last night it said "VMA's 6 days to go", which would make that Saturday (2nd sept), so its not live.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #543 on: August 28, 2006, 05:55:47 AM »

Us Brits will be hoping that you Yankees can post up some clips of the Ax-Man on the internet after the VMA's as we won't get the footage for 2 days after!

i thought that mtv aired it here too,it says so on their schedule
http://www.mtve.com/article.php?ArticleId=4728&date=2006-08-31&week=This

Check again my friend.

MTV has a big CGI in the top left of the screen during like every show now and last night it said "VMA's 6 days to go", which would make that Saturday (2nd sept), so its not live.
I think that meant it's shown live in the US.
Origen
« Reply #544 on: August 28, 2006, 06:04:47 AM »

People in the US will be watching it live, and it will be airing in the UK on Saturday.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #545 on: August 28, 2006, 06:15:36 AM »

People in the US will be watching it live, and it will be airing in the UK on Saturday.

It's also live on MTV in Germany and Scandinavia.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #546 on: August 28, 2006, 06:18:23 AM »

isnt axl supposed to be performing on the VMA's lol!

he better not be presenting any lame ass's an award...he better not show weakness in the face of the enemy!

html sucks
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #547 on: August 28, 2006, 07:13:57 AM »

It's also live on MTV in Germany and Scandinavia.

/jarmo

I hope it'll also be on the belgian/dutch MTV...

I emailed them but no reply yet

Like peeing clouds!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #548 on: August 28, 2006, 07:42:02 AM »

no shit? Saw 2 on 2 different channels tonight. No Axl. Well fuck, thats cool. I didn't like hearing the question, "I thought Axl was suppose to be on it."

Every promo I've seen doesn't mention him either. I'm not doubting he'll be there, I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who hasn't heard his name mentioned on the promos.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #549 on: August 28, 2006, 07:44:04 AM »

Im off on thurs , thinking about headng over by Radio City

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #550 on: August 28, 2006, 08:52:23 AM »

He's basically repeated the same thing on every single page of this thread. He's probably a teenager himself that headbangs to J.T and 50 Cent, and that's why he keep saying people like Justin fucking Timberlake still matter.

Didn't ARV post a picture of himself here once? I think he's about 12/13. looked a bit arrogant, but bless 'im, he's only a nipper. mind you, at 22 I'm hardly counting the grey hairs -i am getting fatter though!

fo shizzle yo bizzle axlrosevizzle er, engineering is a valued profession-izzle? word. bringin' it to da streetz.
(If anyone can translate that??? it looked right)
slashedtires
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #551 on: August 28, 2006, 11:05:18 AM »

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this, but don't you think it would be better if Axl showed up with a few bandmembers as well (I am thinking Finck and Tommy). Obviously, the entire band presenting an award would be silly, but Axl with a couple of the main guys would make sense (ala this is not a solo project)
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #552 on: August 28, 2006, 11:48:03 AM »

no shit? Saw 2 on 2 different channels tonight. No Axl. Well fuck, thats cool. I didn't like hearing the question, "I thought Axl was suppose to be on it."

Every promo I've seen doesn't mention him either. I'm not doubting he'll be there, I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who hasn't heard his name mentioned on the promos.

idk 'bout promos, but his picture's on the mtv-vma-site, so i guess he's coming for sure.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #553 on: August 28, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »

idk 'bout promos, but his picture's on the mtv-vma-site, so i guess he's coming for sure.

Do you have a link for where his pic is? I've messed around at the MTV site for a bit and I can't find it. I'm just curious if they're still using that pic of him from the 2002 VMAs or not. Seems like everyone but Blender uses that pic all the time.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Kallyopia
Headliner

« Reply #554 on: August 28, 2006, 11:58:05 AM »

hey does anybody know if its on live in the uk ,cant seem to find it listed
Same for France, no VMA this year!

in France sur MTV & MTV2  :     EVENEMENT -     mercredi 13 septembre - MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS 2006 - 20H50    Wink

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #555 on: August 28, 2006, 12:15:24 PM »

Do you have a link for where his pic is? I've messed around at the MTV site for a bit and I can't find it. I'm just curious if they're still using that pic of him from the 2002 VMAs or not. Seems like everyone but Blender uses that pic all the time.

Its just fucking crazy.

Its like "With appearances by: Beyonce! Justin Timberlake! 50 Cent! Blahdee Blahdee Blah...." Fuck! Where the fucks our boy? Saw another promo this morning. Same shit. Why the fuck are they underplaying GNR? I have never seen MTV do this.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »

maybe it's all gettin set, for gnr to take the satage in a surprise way or whteverrrrrrr

I WISH!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2006, 12:24:20 PM »

Its just fucking crazy.

Its like "With appearances by: Beyonce! Justin Timberlake! 50 Cent! Blahdee Blahdee Blah...." Fuck! Where the fucks our boy? Saw another promo this morning. Same shit. Why the fuck are they underplaying GNR? I have never seen MTV do this.

All of the promo's were cut prior to them adding Axl as a presenter. The only thing his name shows up on are Mtv News clips. I wouldn't expect more than a joke from Jack Black about him and Axl dropping a joke about himself and possibly the amount of time it has taken to record this album before he begins reading the teleprompter. I dont think there is anything for Mtv to hype.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2006, 12:34:44 PM »

Coma, That'll do nicely.  is there any link for the clips available? Tongue

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this, but don't you think it would be better if Axl showed up with a few bandmembers as well (I am thinking Finck and Tommy). Obviously, the entire band presenting an award would be silly, but Axl with a couple of the main guys would make sense (ala this is not a solo project)

For us it would be definitely cool to see other members with him but then again his appearing there as a presenter is not supposed to be a band act, ostensibly. They entrusted axl rose, who is in his own right a very big name, with the role, I suppose.
Bisides, IMO it'd be a bit of a premature start for the guys to present the award at this point. better wait till they get one.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2006, 12:38:04 PM »

It would be funny if he presented it with Lindsey Lohan and he gave her advice on how to turn up on time on her movie sets.

(shes notoriously late like Axl is)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: