Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 02:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 219464 times)
EFISH
« Reply #480 on: August 27, 2006, 01:50:24 PM »

Even Reincarnate is run by a teenager Grin
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2006, 01:51:06 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been said, but didn't a rapper, a girl I think, wear a t-shirt that had the release date of her album in HUGE ass letters across her shirt, a few years back at one of these awards shows???  To me, that is so fucking pathetic and I would hate for Axl to even mention a release date during the show. It would seem kind of desperate. I think him just being there will open up a lot of peoples eyes (People that aren't familiar with this album) and make them ask, "Hey, what's Axl been up to these days???" People need to stop the speculation about what will be happening that night, as far as Axl presenting the award. It will be like every other presenter there.  I don't expect anything out of the ordinary and I doubt anything we don't already know, will be said in pre-show or post-show interviews with Axl, if indeed there are some.   

bullshit, when some rapperbitch does this, you can see her name will be forgotten in a couple of days...

But if Axl were to do this, people would start talking, hell maybe even start betting if he's gonna make it!!!

And no, I don't give a fuck about teenagers now that don't know about GnR, This is for us!!

You're living in a fucking dreamworld. 90% of the people watching the VMA's will be fucking teenagers!!!!!!!!! Most of the people watching won't really care about Axl Rose. This isn't 15 years ago. I don't understand why so many people here think that when Axl does something, the world stops to look. It's not like that anymore. Come back to fucking reality. I'm a huge Axl supporter and a huge supporter of this band, but things aren't how they used to be.  Live with it!!!

EDIT: And this isn't for us by the way. Axl is doing this for his own reasons.  Not for you, not for me.  If he was so worried about doing shit for "us", the album would have been out 10 years ago. Come back to Earth now.
half of every gnr forum are teenagers.... CD.COM for example has more teenagers than mullet heads.

So would it have been more accurate for me to say, "teenagers that don't listen to GNR?"  The majority of the people watching the VMA's will be the same people that watch TRL every single day. I don't know too many GNR fans that watch TRL everyday. Do you??? Stop trying to make a dumb argument out of nothing. Face the facts. Stop trying to make it seem like I'm "Bashing Axl" or something. I'm not in any way. I just don't get why some of you think the world is going to standstill when Axl presents this fucking award at the VMA'S? The world didn't stand still when he performed in 2002, so do you think this will be more talked about afterwards than that performance?  I doubt it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:53:46 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2006, 01:54:45 PM »

You're living in a fucking dreamworld. 90% of the people watching the VMA's will be fucking teenagers!!!!!!!!! Most of the people watching won't really care about Axl Rose. This isn't 15 years ago. I don't understand why so many people here think that when Axl does something, the world stops to look. It's not like that anymore. Come back to fucking reality. I'm a huge Axl supporter and a huge supporter of this band, but things aren't how they used to be.  Live with it!!!

EDIT: And this isn't for us by the way. Axl is doing this for his own reasons.  Not for you, not for me.  If he was so worried about doing shit for "us", the album would have been out 10 years ago and he would have forced himself to get along with the old members. Come back to Earth now.

I know this, but Axl is announced this time so Axl knows that everyone who cares about GnR will be watching too... And I've seen much more GnR shirts on teenagers then on people that were around in the AFD days!

I'm not saying he's gonna announce it, but it would make sence to do so now...

Like peeing clouds!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #483 on: August 27, 2006, 01:56:13 PM »

lennon noones arguing with you. you're in denial.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #484 on: August 27, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »

I'm glad Axl's going, when i mentioned it to a friend at school he thought Axl was dead. I told him they just finished a tour and he responded by saying they must all be relly old. I told him that Axl was only 44 and he was surprised that he was so young. The general public in my area has no idea that axl is still alive, the VMAs will hopefully change that, but I'd hate for all the emo posers to suddenly start raving about how big GNR fans they are.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #485 on: August 27, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »

EDIT: And this isn't for us by the way. Axl is doing this for his own reasons.  Not for you, not for me.  If he was so worried about doing shit for "us", the album would have been out 10 years ago and he would have forced himself to get along with the old members. Come back to Earth now.

I know this, but Axl is announced it this time so Axl knows that everyone who cares about GnR will be watching too... And I've seen much more GnR shirts on teenagers then on people that were around in the AFD days!

I understand why everyone would like to see him announce something and "how it would be the right time..." because a lot of people will be watching.  I do agree that I've seen a lot of GNR shirts on younger kids than many years ago, but I don't think a lot of those kids even know the story behind the band. They probably have Appetite for Destruction and the GH and think it's just cool to have their GNR shirt on. They aren't ALL hardcore fans like most of us that will sit through 3 hours of the shit VMA's, just to see Axl for 3 minutes.  I'm done argueing about this whole thing. I'M DONE!!!  Whatever happens, happens. I just hope whatever Axl does, if anything at all, will work out for the best for this band.  There is nothing more to argue about because we will be seeing Axl on tv in about 5 days. We will just see what happens.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #486 on: August 27, 2006, 02:40:17 PM »

LOL, in contrast to everyone saying only teenagers watch the VMA's, Axl will be the only reason I'm watching them.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
robinfinckfan
« Reply #487 on: August 27, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »

What happend to this thread?

Stop speculating so much and just enjoy the fact that he is going to be there. I'm not expecting anything. If anything more than " the winner is" is mentioned consider it a bonus.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #488 on: August 27, 2006, 02:45:50 PM »

Stop speculating so much and just enjoy the fact that he is going to be there. I'm not expecting anything. If anything more than " the winner is" is mentioned consider it a bonus.

axl maybe won't presenting a winner of an award.. he can present a performer to  ok hihi
robinfinckfan
« Reply #489 on: August 27, 2006, 02:47:10 PM »

axl maybe won't presenting a winner of an award.. he can present a performer to? ok hihi

OMG Roll Eyes
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #490 on: August 27, 2006, 02:47:24 PM »

LOL, in contrast to everyone saying only teenagers watch the VMA's, Axl will be the only reason I'm watching them.

Ha ha, me too!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #491 on: August 27, 2006, 02:56:02 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been said, but didn't a rapper, a girl I think, wear a t-shirt that had the release date of her album in HUGE ass letters across her shirt, a few years back at one of these awards shows?Huh To me, that is so fucking pathetic and I would hate for Axl to even mention a release date during the show. It would seem kind of desperate. I think him just being there will open up a lot of peoples eyes (People that aren't familiar with this album) and make them ask, "Hey, what's Axl been up to these days???" People need to stop the speculation about what will be happening that night, as far as Axl presenting the award. It will be like every other presenter there.? I don't expect anything out of the ordinary and I doubt anything we don't already know, will be said in pre-show or post-show interviews with Axl, if indeed there are some.? ?

It was Macy Gray

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #492 on: August 27, 2006, 02:57:47 PM »

He should come out wearing a Macy Gray T-shirt.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #493 on: August 27, 2006, 03:21:07 PM »

He should come out wearing a Macy Gray T-shirt.

That'd be funny.

My money is on the shirt w/ the gun on it. The gold jacket and jeans.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
RichardNixon
« Reply #494 on: August 27, 2006, 03:43:30 PM »

You're living in a fucking dreamworld. 90% of the people watching the VMA's will be fucking teenagers!!!!!!!!! Most of the people watching won't really care about Axl Rose. This isn't 15 years ago. I don't understand why so many people here think that when Axl does something, the world stops to look. It's not like that anymore. Come back to fucking reality. I'm a huge Axl supporter and a huge supporter of this band, but things aren't how they used to be.? Live with it!!!

EDIT: And this isn't for us by the way. Axl is doing this for his own reasons.? Not for you, not for me.? If he was so worried about doing shit for "us", the album would have been out 10 years ago and he would have forced himself to get along with the old members. Come back to Earth now.

I know this, but Axl is announced it this time so Axl knows that everyone who cares about GnR will be watching too... And I've seen much more GnR shirts on teenagers then on people that were around in the AFD days!

I understand why everyone would like to see him announce something and "how it would be the right time..." because a lot of people will be watching.? I do agree that I've seen a lot of GNR shirts on younger kids than many years ago, but I don't think a lot of those kids even know the story behind the band. They probably have Appetite for Destruction and the GH and think it's just cool to have their GNR shirt on. They aren't ALL hardcore fans like most of us that will sit through 3 hours of the shit VMA's, just to see Axl for 3 minutes.? I'm done argueing about this whole thing. I'M DONE!!!? Whatever happens, happens. I just hope whatever Axl does, if anything at all, will work out for the best for this band.? There is nothing more to argue about because we will be seeing Axl on tv in about 5 days. We will just see what happens.

90% of the shitheads at the VMAs will be playing the same clubs as the flock of seagulls in 5 years, filming for "I Love the 00s."

Axl is the new Elvis. People care.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »

26 pages about 1 guy who is to hand over 1 award  hihi
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »

Axl is the new Elvis. People care.

In many ways, thats true.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2006, 03:46:47 PM »

26 pages about 1 guy who is to hand over 1 award? hihi

haha yeah i know.. but a few pages back this was a topic about who had the most money between axl and justin timberlake.. and other crazy stuff ?rofl
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2006, 03:50:53 PM »

Ha ha, me too!
Same here. Wink
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2006, 03:51:48 PM »

^
I think the whole board could say that Wink

shit happens when you party naked
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: