Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 04:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 219523 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2006, 06:36:58 AM »

I think it would be really rude for him to come out and announce CD's release date while presenting an award.? I don't see it happening.

hihi can you imagine:
Axl: here's your award, well done.. hands over award, turns to microphone I'd just like to announce something far bigger than any award. Chinese Democracy will be out in November, we have a single out in Septemer, and the tour is going great and life is just hunky-dory.. waves and leaves the stage? hihi
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2006, 06:59:09 AM »

I think it would be really rude for him to come out and announce CD's release date while presenting an award.  I don't see it happening.

hihi can you imagine:
Axl: here's your award, well done.. hands over award, turns to microphone I'd just like to announce something far bigger than any award. Chinese Democracy will be out in November, we have a single out in Septemer, and the tour is going great and life is just hunky-dory.. waves and leaves the stage  hihi
That would be cool as hell.   hihi
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »

I think it would be really rude for him to come out and announce CD's release date while presenting an award.  I don't see it happening.

hihi can you imagine:
Axl: here's your award, well done.. hands over award, turns to microphone I'd just like to announce something far bigger than any award. Chinese Democracy will be out in November, we have a single out in Septemer, and the tour is going great and life is just hunky-dory.. waves and leaves the stage  hihi

I'm not sure how I feel about that whole idea.

I honestly don't think that Axl would take spotlight from anyone else's award by dropping the release date during his presentation.

However, I used to think that Eddie Van Halen was totally in the right about the time that VH appeared together with David Lee Roth on the VMAs. Eddie was all pissed that Dave was being, well, Dave behind Beck while he was accepting his award. But then years later I saw an interview with Beck saying that he was "honored" or something like that to even have been standing their with a (or what we thought was) reunited Van Halen at the time.

Some I'm wondering if the person or band who gets the award would feel the same way?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2006, 09:07:45 AM »

I think he will present the award normaly and after, of course, will talk to the press at the event and will say something about the album... but I think ON STAGE, he will do nothing like this.

Will be cool to see him there presenting an award, I?m curious about the crowd reaction  Grin

ps: Axl, go as a rocker that you are, forget the social clothes  hihi

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #464 on: August 27, 2006, 09:40:08 AM »

I'm suprised everyone isn't like how lame axl is presenting with mtv next he'll be on trl..

I think it's cool, just saying how everyone seems to bad mouth everything mtv today but when it's axl all of a sudden mtv is credible again... rofl
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #465 on: August 27, 2006, 09:49:49 AM »

i guess that says axl has the ability to bring in a crowd lol

deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #466 on: August 27, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »

I think it would be really rude for him to come out and announce CD's release date while presenting an award.? I don't see it happening.

hihi can you imagine:
Axl: here's your award, well done.. hands over award, turns to microphone I'd just like to announce something far bigger than any award. Chinese Democracy will be out in November, we have a single out in Septemer, and the tour is going great and life is just hunky-dory.. waves and leaves the stage? hihi
audience 1: isn't that guy who sing sweet child O' mine ? Cool, what did he just say?
audience 2: I don't know. something about a single?

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #467 on: August 27, 2006, 10:44:29 AM »

I am trying to get tix for this.  I work across the street from Radio City and I am hoping I can stumble across some tix.  I doubt it'll happen but I am going to try my best. 

Axl will not announce anything.  He will make a wisecrack (like all presenters do) and present his award.  I gotta admit that I am curious as to what award he is giving out. 
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2006, 10:46:26 AM »

hihi can you imagine:
audience 1: isn't that guy who sing sweet child O' mine ? Cool, what did he just say?

Haha so true so true
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2006, 12:19:53 PM »

Well I think Jack Black will make some jokes about Axl, at least they have no rapper presenting the show. There are several possbilities what could happen:

a) Kurt Loder interviews Axl on the red carpet about release date, propably the answer would be "soon is not the word"
b) Axl will present a performer (maybe the Raconteurs or Shakira) but then he would be really rude if he dropped the release date. He'll propably say how much he like the performer and maybe tell a story about them
c) Axl presents an award alone, same as b giving a releasedate would be rude
d) Axl presents the award with someone (e.g. Lindsay Lohan) then they would talk a little bit(Where have you been Axl ....) then he could drop the release date
e) A suprise performance with someone, mabye singing together with James Brown or someone like, this the typical music arward "suprises". Are there any lifetime achievement awards planned?
f) band perfomes new single
I think a) will happen. b) or c) or e) could happen, d) and f) are dreams
greendog
« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2006, 01:00:41 PM »

thats really head mashing lol...

EDIT:

shit, lol.... no, it makes perfect sence... i thought your a, b, c, e, d and f were what you thought of the last point you made

duh

**smacks self in face**... **repeatedly**
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:04:48 PM by greendog » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2006, 01:08:38 PM »

Well I think Jack Black will make some jokes about Axl, at least they have no rapper presenting the show. There are several possbilities what could happen:

a) Kurt Loder interviews Axl on the red carpet about release date, propably the answer would be "soon is not the word"
b) Axl will present a performer (maybe the Raconteurs or Shakira) but then he would be really rude if he dropped the release date. He'll propably say how much he like the performer and maybe tell a story about them
c) Axl presents an award alone, same as b giving a releasedate would be rude
d) Axl presents the award with someone (e.g. Lindsay Lohan) then they would talk a little bit(Where have you been Axl ....) then he could drop the release date
e) A suprise performance with someone, mabye singing together with James Brown or someone like, this the typical music arward "suprises". Are there any lifetime achievement awards planned?
f) band perfomes new single

Does Kayne West not count as a rapper?

And also, he is presenting an award not a band.

If someone is presenting a performance MTV refers to them as "appearing"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #472 on: August 27, 2006, 01:09:50 PM »

24 pages of analysis over a sentance lol crazaaay!

Even in this year filled with the most GNR activity in years and years, we still have to latch on to and discuss every little tidbit!!

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #473 on: August 27, 2006, 01:25:18 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been said, but didn't a rapper, a girl I think, wear a t-shirt that had the release date of her album in HUGE ass letters across her shirt, a few years back at one of these awards shows???  To me, that is so fucking pathetic and I would hate for Axl to even mention a release date during the show. It would seem kind of desperate. I think him just being there will open up a lot of peoples eyes (People that aren't familiar with this album) and make them ask, "Hey, what's Axl been up to these days???" People need to stop the speculation about what will be happening that night, as far as Axl presenting the award. It will be like every other presenter there.  I don't expect anything out of the ordinary and I doubt anything we don't already know, will be said in pre-show or post-show interviews with Axl, if indeed there are some.   

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
EFISH
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2006, 01:27:41 PM »

A hurricane is about to hit South Florida (probably Wednesday) and I think I'm not going to have power durring this. How lame is that?!?!?!!  rant
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been said, but didn't a rapper, a girl I think, wear a t-shirt that had the release date of her album in HUGE ass letters across her shirt, a few years back at one of these awards shows???  To me, that is so fucking pathetic and I would hate for Axl to even mention a release date during the show. It would seem kind of desperate. I think him just being there will open up a lot of peoples eyes (People that aren't familiar with this album) and make them ask, "Hey, what's Axl been up to these days???" People need to stop the speculation about what will be happening that night, as far as Axl presenting the award. It will be like every other presenter there.  I don't expect anything out of the ordinary and I doubt anything we don't already know, will be said in pre-show or post-show interviews with Axl, if indeed there are some.   

bullshit, when some rapperbitch does this, you can see her name will be forgotten in a couple of days...

But if Axl were to do this, people would start talking, hell maybe even start betting if he's gonna make it!!!

And no, I don't give a fuck about teenagers now that don't know about GnR, This is for us!!

Like peeing clouds!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #476 on: August 27, 2006, 01:40:35 PM »

Or maybe he's just presenting because he's back in the public eye, and had one of the best tours this year. (Last part is my opinion) It's just a thing so people know he's alive, so don't expect the Grand Puba of annoucements to be made. I may wind up eating those words, but that's how I feel.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #477 on: August 27, 2006, 01:43:42 PM »

hihi can you imagine:

It is like saying that people forgot who The Beetles, Elvis, and Stones were...

He will do something, Axl just doesn't do stuff like this everyday.  Who knows maybe he is a changed man.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #478 on: August 27, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »

bullshit, when some rapperbitch does this, you can see her name will be forgotten in a couple of days...

But if Axl were to do this, people would start talking, hell maybe even start betting if he's gonna make it!!!

And no, I don't give a fuck about teenagers now that don't know about GnR, This is for us!!

You're living in a fucking dreamworld. 90% of the people watching the VMA's will be fucking teenagers!!!!!!!!! Most of the people watching won't really care about Axl Rose. This isn't 15 years ago. I don't understand why so many people here think that when Axl does something, the world stops to look. It's not like that anymore. Come back to fucking reality. I'm a huge Axl supporter and a huge supporter of this band, but things aren't how they used to be.  Live with it!!!

EDIT: And this isn't for us by the way. Axl is doing this for his own reasons.  Not for you, not for me.  If he was so worried about doing shit for "us", the album would have been out 10 years ago and he would have forced himself to get along with the old members. Come back to Earth now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:49:12 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Steel_Angel
« Reply #479 on: August 27, 2006, 01:49:08 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been said, but didn't a rapper, a girl I think, wear a t-shirt that had the release date of her album in HUGE ass letters across her shirt, a few years back at one of these awards shows?Huh To me, that is so fucking pathetic and I would hate for Axl to even mention a release date during the show. It would seem kind of desperate. I think him just being there will open up a lot of peoples eyes (People that aren't familiar with this album) and make them ask, "Hey, what's Axl been up to these days???" People need to stop the speculation about what will be happening that night, as far as Axl presenting the award. It will be like every other presenter there.? I don't expect anything out of the ordinary and I doubt anything we don't already know, will be said in pre-show or post-show interviews with Axl, if indeed there are some.? ?

You're living in a fucking dreamworld. 90% of the people watching the VMA's will be fucking teenagers!!!!!!!!! Most of the people watching won't really care about Axl Rose. This isn't 15 years ago. I don't understand why so many people here think that when Axl does something, the world stops to look. It's not like that anymore. Come back to fucking reality. I'm a huge Axl supporter and a huge supporter of this band, but things aren't how they used to be.? Live with it!!!

EDIT: And this isn't for us by the way. Axl is doing this for his own reasons.? Not for you, not for me.? If he was so worried about doing shit for "us", the album would have been out 10 years ago. Come back to Earth now.
half of every gnr forum are teenagers.... CD.COM for example has more teenagers than mullet heads.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: