Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 12:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 219893 times)
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2006, 02:44:22 PM »

please - you dont present an award and perform at the one show. its not the done thing.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »

the way i see it axl and or GNRhave appeared at 4 different VMA'S......2 were great and 2 sucked so we need 2006 to be the tiebreaker

1988--welcome to the jungle--the boys ripped the roof off the place
1989-axl and izzy with tom petty-free fallin and heartbreak hotel--2nd year in a row axl rocked it
1992--november rain--not very good--that years show was about rock n roll and axl sitting at a piano just came out cheesy and campy--would have been better if the boys came out and did out to get me to show all the grunge posers who the best rock band in the world was
2002---DISASTER, need i say more....shot voice, weird clothes, no slash or duff or izzy, botox to the max

we need 2006 vma's to erase the horrow show of 2002...since axl has his voice back i think the boys should just come out, start off with an old song like nighttrain then go into better
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2006, 02:50:57 PM »

please - you dont present an award and perform at the one show. its not the done thing.

Yeah, neither is biting a security guard in Europe. We'll see what happens

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2006, 02:51:17 PM »

that would be nice but i think all we need is a KILLER new album with a great first single and other stuff that gets people to actually judge the music not who's in the band or what they look like.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2006, 02:53:25 PM »

maybe he will come out with izzy and tom petty and do free fallin again for old times sake

Ummmm...No.......stop the nonsense. The chances of that happening are about the same as Axl getting a blowjob from Stephanie Seymour backstage while Erin Everly is doing the wave in the background.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2006, 02:54:18 PM »

2002---DISASTER, need i say more....shot voice, weird clothes, no slash or duff or izzy, botox to the max

we need 2006 vma's to erase the horrow show of 2002...since axl has his voice back i think the boys should just come out, start off with an old song like nighttrain then go into better
ohh stfu, i loved the 02 vmas performance, the only problem was his voice. maddy still sounded badass and just watching the band do there thing? rocked. there was so much energy, it was great.

they wont perform this year. it would also be very weird.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2006, 02:54:44 PM »

the way i see it axl and or GNRhave appeared at 4 different VMA'S......2 were great and 2 sucked so we need 2006 to be the tiebreaker

1989-axl and izzy with tom petty-free fallin and heartbreak hotel--2nd year in a row axl rocked it
1992--november rain--not very good--that years show was about rock n roll and axl sitting at a piano just came out cheesy and campy--would have been better if the boys came out and did out to get me to show all the grunge posers who the best rock band in the world was

and that was so important that it couldn't do in existing thread  Huh Roll Eyes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »

didn't they also played in 1991 but that was recorded in wembley stadium and they played live and let die i think?
Origen
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2006, 03:00:53 PM »

didn't they also played in 1991 but that was recorded in wembley stadium and they played live and let die i think?

Welcome to the Jungle - VMA '88
Live and Let Die - VMA '91 (live from wembley)
November Rain - VMA '92 (With symphony and elton john)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2006, 03:01:02 PM »

That's right....I saw that in 91' when I was in highschool. November Rain in 92 might have been a poor song choice considering the mood there, but the perfomance was outstanding. If you don't see that, then you are just not paying attention. That is not a matter of opinion.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »

ohh stfu, i loved the 02 vmas performance, the only problem was his voice.

Given he is the lead singer and the only person in the band the average person knew, sounding horrible was more than just a little problem in regards to the band winning people over. To people who don't frequent message boards it is the first and last time they had seen Axl in the past 13 years. Hardly left an endearing impression.
morokolli
Opening Act

it tastes good, don't it?

« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2006, 03:08:03 PM »

oh i only hope they show the awards here!  Cry

TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2006, 03:10:59 PM »

I don't think there's gonna be a performance. Though it would be interesting to hear Axl mention the now famous train wreck of a performance from 2002. If he said something to the affect of "It's been a long time since then, and things have changed" that might be nice.

And while I don't think there will be a performance, I can't imagine he'll be there just to give away an award. He knows that the hardcore GNR fans hang on every word he says, so I would expect him to say something, even if it's just teasing Chinese Democracy's release.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2006, 03:11:50 PM »

Live and Let Die - VMA '91 (live from wembley)

It was taped from Wembley - not live.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »

His appearing there just to present an award alone will do a  promotion of the tour, the band and the albums etc worldwide.

Or you might recieve a hint as to the forthcoming release and again you might be under the wrong impression.

Either way have a jolly time of it.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2006, 03:33:45 PM »

Given he is the lead singer and the only person in the band the average person knew, sounding horrible was more than just a little problem in regards to the band winning people over. To people who don't frequent message boards it is the first and last time they had seen Axl in the past 13 years. Hardly left an endearing impression.

Beat me to it!

Its like going for a curry and saying 'well the curry was shit, but the napkins were nice so thats alright then'.

It was an embarrasment. I had to explain to my girlfriend that these guys 'used to be the greatest band in the world'. I couldnt listen to Axl for about a year after that!! Nice outfit though.  hihi

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
RichardNixon
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2006, 04:11:07 PM »

Beat me to it!

Its like going for a curry and saying 'well the curry was shit, but the napkins were nice so thats alright then'.

It was an embarrasment. I had to explain to my girlfriend that these guys 'used to be the greatest band in the world'. I couldnt listen to Axl for about a year after that!! Nice outfit though.? hihi

Yawn...

Why don't you show some nude pics of your g/f instead....
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2006, 04:27:37 PM »

Beat me to it!

It was an embarrasment. I had to explain to my girlfriend that these guys 'used to be the greatest band in the world'. I couldnt listen to Axl for about a year after that!! Nice outfit though.? hihi

Yawn...

Hahahaaaa! That is fucking funny.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2006, 04:33:20 PM »

Beat me to it!

Yawn...

Ha...... yes  Perfect response

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2006, 04:54:55 PM »

couldn't have said it / summarized it better!
You forgot 1991 @ Wembley Stadium when they played Live & Let Die "Live". That was a sick performance even in the kilt flyng around stage like that.
November Rain would have always been better if Axl had stepped out of the piano near the end of the song, and danced around stage for the heavy rockin part. That would have even further dramatized the song and made it more endearing live to the fans. Let Dizzy take over, since you're paying him good money to play piano for GNR.

I think 2006 will be the best appearance by GNR-related member since 1991. Axl is cut, his style is great. I think he will sing but it will be with another group. At least he can showcase his talent @ the MTV VMA's & make another edition of NY Post / Daily News.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: