Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 12:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 219853 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2006, 12:32:54 PM »

You know...I don't get the whole "Round one" thing or "Round 2!"

I am a real big boxing fan...and unless this isn't for a title, there are 12 rounds. We aren't even at round 2 yet! Man we have got a long way to go. So what the fuck analogy is this? Are we to assume That round 3 is going to be the round with the knockout? If Chinese Democracy is the equivalent of a knockout artist, then we would have had it by round one. Tyson, was a knockout artist. So what the fuck? Damn, yea, I hope we can finally get to round 2. It seems it takes 4 years for every round though.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2006, 12:34:26 PM »

Just saw the list of presenters... Axl does stand out among all these people indeed. ?Just hope he won't do anything "stupid" (think Aerosmith playing with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake at the Superbowl a few years ago...)

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2006, 12:37:04 PM »

It'd be funny if he went up with a T-shirt on saying "Chinese Democracy Starts **/**/06" Smiley

I'll be watching this to see if he says anything Smiley

Missy Elliott did that at the MTV Awards a couple of years ago. Wink

Actually, I think Macy Gray pulled that stunt back in 2001.
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1449072/09212001/gray_macy.jhtml

Either way, not very "classy".  Undecided

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:41:25 PM by colma » Logged

To say what we are thinking.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2006, 01:03:33 PM »

here's what i think:

if Axl is introduced and walks out, and begins to talk about CD and then announces a date, there's that chance that the place wont erupt, that there will be applause, but nothing crazy....and rather anti-climatic as axl walks off-stage

so i see him either coming out and introducing someone or an award and totally playing it cool,

or...

i see another star on stage with him, and something happening where axl is almost interviewed, and only has to answer each question briefly, and then throwing in a date or a "very soon" comment. here's how i see it:

(random hot blond actress/celebrity)
axl, its taken you over 10 years to make this album, why the wait?

axl answer

so you're finally here to maybe give us all some news, the news the world has been waiting for....is this album coming out?

axl answers cryptically

i just hope this doesnt back-fire, no matter what axl has planned. chances are, he will play it safe, party back-stage (i dont think he will sit in the seats, you guys???) and come out and be very breif in some kinda introduction to some performer..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2006, 01:13:50 PM »

he will play it safe, party back-stage (i dont think he will sit in the seats, you guys???) and come out and be very breif in some kinda introduction to some performer..

He is presenting. When MTV says "appearances by..." thats when they mean that the person is going to be there to introduce another band or person. They placed Axl in the presenting lineup.

Furthermore, he won't be paired up with anyone. He'll be giving out one of the two awards that are always presented by one person: Video Vanguard or Video of the Year.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

He is presenting. When MTV says "appearances by..." thats when they mean that the person is going to be there to introduce another band or person. They placed Axl in the presenting lineup.

Furthermore, he won't be paired up with anyone. He'll be giving out one of the two awards that are always presented by one person: Video Vanguard or Video of the Year.
tahts all true but do you really think Axl is going there just to present an award? Imo I highly doubt it...willw e get a performance? I am only hoping for one but I have to believe that there is more there than just handing out an awad....less than a week to find out

imo next tues wed there will be a buzz about something

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ExileOnMassSt
Opening Act

It's never too late

« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2006, 01:35:18 PM »

Are the VMAs live, or are they recorded a couple days earlier like the Movie Awards?

"I could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating"
- Mike Tyson
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »

live

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

tahts all true but do you really think Axl is going there just to present an award? Imo I highly doubt it...

An attempt to take away from someone's moment?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2006, 01:39:21 PM »

so Axl is goin there just to show his face and "take some spotlight away" from a potential winner? cmon

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2006, 01:40:37 PM »

so Axl is goin there just to show his face and "take some spotlight away" from a potential winner? cmon

If he just presents an award, which he will, he won't look like he's doing that.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2006, 01:50:42 PM »

What the hell was round 1  Huh  A bad performance on MTV and a shortened tour?   Undecided

I don't think "round 2" will be a part in anything.  I think he's done saying "round whatever".

Heres what is going to happen.  He's going to present an award.  Just like it says! 

This is just an opportunity for people to see him, and that he is back on the map.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2006, 01:52:35 PM »

here's what i think:

i see another star on stage with him, and something happening where axl is almost interviewed, and only has to answer each question briefly, and then throwing in a date or a "very soon" comment. here's how i see it:

(random hot blond actress/celebrity)
axl, its taken you over 10 years to make this album, why the wait?

axl answer

so you're finally here to maybe give us all some news, the news the world has been waiting for....is this album coming out?

axl answers cryptically

Exactly.

If they were going to perform, it would be announced. MTV already went the "surprise" route with GNR 4 years ago. They're not going to again.

Also, I seriously doubt any release date will be announced. Even if he does, it might be met with a few hoots and hollers. But for the most part, the typical MTV kids don't care about an 80s singer.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2006, 01:54:02 PM »

tahts all true but do you really think Axl is going there just to present an award? Imo I highly doubt it...willw e get a performance? I am only hoping for one but I have to believe that there is more there than just handing out an awad....less than a week to find out

imo next tues wed there will be a buzz about something

I just think that he'll go to do what he's supposed to at the actual show. I still think at least some info will come out of the night. I just don't think it'll happen during actual show. Maybe the post show at best.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2006, 02:09:08 PM »

1) If MTV was going to do a surprise performance (they aren't), they wouldn't have even listed Axl as a presenter.

2) He's just presenting.  That's what he's listed as doing..that's what he's doing.

3) I wouldn't expect any news about the album.  You might get something, in the pre-show or post-show interviews, about the tour (I'm just guessing).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2006, 02:26:10 PM »

Why would Axl be presenting an award.

I think something is going on and will happen performance or some words spoken... but who knows he will prolly say hi and bye. Wink

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2006, 02:31:13 PM »

Why would Axl be presenting an award.

I think something is going on and will happen performance or some words spoken... but who knows he will prolly say hi and bye. Wink

Yeah, something's gonna happen. He NEVER does shit like this. Just making an appearance ain't gonna cut it. Anything less then some surprise (release date or performance) would be LAME, MEANINGLESS AND SAD. Have a nice day people....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »

I guess we will all find out in less than a week.  The expectations of some never ceases to amaze me.  hihi

To say what we are thinking.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »

maybe he will come out with izzy and tom petty and do free fallin again for old times sake
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »

Considering the circumstances these so called expectations are not that far fetched. But if nothing happens I am still gonna move on with my life and be happy.....Shit, football season is right around the corner and the Mets are gonna be in the World Series for Christ sakes....All is well.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: